Learn the Techniques of Training the Team in Our Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration Degree Online
An online master’s in coaching degree can equip you with the foundational training you need to be a successful coach at the high school, college, or professional level. To be an effective leader in athletics, you’ll need training in athletic development, psychology, leadership, nutrition, and exercise science to fulfill the roles of mentor, teacher, and motivator.
Liberty University’s 100% online master’s degree in sports management with a coaching and athletic administration specialization will provide this training so that you are fully equipped to coach the students or professionals in your care.
Why Choose Liberty’s Thesis Track Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration Degree Online?
If you have a love of sports and a desire to go beyond the game to becoming a sports management professional or a coach, then our master’s in sports management degree with a specialization in coaching and athletic administration should be at the top of your list.
Our online program will build your professional skill set and résumé by providing you with training on how you can impact lives through sports. Additionally, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
We involve your faith throughout our Master of Science in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration degree online to blend academic excellence with personal integrity so you are prepared to lead by example. We live out our mission to help you become a successful professional and individual in the field of sports administration.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Sports Management Degree
- Increased job opportunities in the field of sports management
- Online courses taught by experienced professionals with real-world experience
- Convenient 8-week, 100% online courses in our sports management degree
- Transfer in up to 50% of your required classes (visit the transfer policy page for more information)
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration Degree Online (Thesis Track)?
Liberty University’s master’s in sports management online with a specialization in coaching and athletic administration will provide you with the opportunity to delve deeper into the complexities of high school, college, and university coaching and athletic administration that are relevant to your passions and career choice. You can learn the tools and skills needed to effectively communicate as a leader and administrator in your field.
If you pursue the thesis track of our Master of Science in Sports Management degree, you will develop a thesis proposal, conduct research, and defend your thesis upon completion. This experience is valuable, especially if you wish to further your education as a doctoral candidate. Often, thesis projects can be published for public consumption where you could become an expert on the subject matter.
- SMGT 503 – Ethics in Sport
- SMGT 621 – Coaching Theory
- SMGT 622 – Strategic Player Development
- SMGT 623 – Sports Governance
Master’s in Sports Management – Coaching and Athletic Administration Program Highlights
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online master’s in sports management from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this degree program in as little as 1.5 years.
Master’s in Coaching and Athletic Administration Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses.
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log-in times.
Potential Career Options with a Coaching and Athletic Administration Degree
The online master’s in sports management degree opens the door to these potential careers:
- Athletic event planner
- Promotion and development administration
- Sports management information professional
Admission Requirements for the Sports Administration Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.