Make an Impact in Your Community and Abroad with a Master of Nonprofit Management in Global Studies
Do you have a desire to give back to society and help the less fortunate at home and abroad? Whether you are already working for a nonprofit or want to enter the nonprofit sector for the first time, Liberty’s Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM) in Global Studies can help sharpen your skills. Our nonprofit management degree can help you acquire the knowledge you need to make a difference as a leader in a nonprofit organization.
Through this online master’s program in nonprofit management, you can gain a wide range of skills and learn what it takes to run a nonprofit organization. You’ll study funding, grants, accounting, and more. Our global studies specialization can further focus your training to help you prepare to work in an international organization that serves a diverse group of people.
Our experienced faculty are committed to helping you gain practical knowledge and tools that are essential in international nonprofit work. Additionally, your classes will be integrated with a Christian worldview and follow Liberty’s mission to Train Champions for Christ. Partner with us for your MNM in Global Studies and learn how to effectively serve people of all cultural backgrounds.
Why Choose Liberty’s International Management Master’s in Nonprofit Management Online?
Even if you don’t have much business experience, our MNM program is designed to build on what you do know and steer your knowledge towards nonprofit application. Our online master’s in nonprofit leadership and management is taught by business, nonprofit, and global studies professionals who have practical, real-world experience in their fields. In addition, our flexible, 100% online format requires no set login times for class — so you can remain active in your job, family, and community while earning your degree.
Our global studies concentration is designed to provide you with the skill set employers are looking for. Your online coursework can help you gain essential tools for a career abroad, such as cultural intelligence and an understanding of intercultural communication. By pursuing Liberty’s Master of Nonprofit Management in Global Studies, you can prepare for new career opportunities that empower you to make a positive impact around the world!
What Is Cultural Intelligence?
Most people have heard of IQ (intelligence quotient) and EQ (emotional quotient), but what is CQ? CQ – which stands for “cultural intelligence” or “cultural quotient” – refers to one’s ability to relate to others and work effectively in culturally diverse situations. People with high cultural intelligence are skilled at communicating with people from different cultures.
In business, this ability can make or break an important trade deal. It can also help nonprofit managers overcome obstacles that might impede an organization’s mission in a certain region. Being able to effectively collaborate with people from a variety of cultures is a skill that is highly prized in today’s global economy – and developing your cultural intelligence can help you turn what were once obstacles into assets.
What Will You Learn in Our Global Nonprofit Management Program?
In Liberty’s master’s in nonprofit management online, you can learn about the unique skills, knowledge, and strategies needed for working in the nonprofit sector. Your courses will cover the role of leadership in the diverse political, social, and economic contexts that you may encounter. You will also study how boards and managers govern, provide direction, and monitor the performance of a nonprofit organization.
Raising funds and managing budgets are other vital areas to learn as a manager. Liberty’s online master’s in nonprofit management will cover a variety of areas that can help you navigate tax laws and rapidly changing regulations. Learning how to effectively write grants for much-needed public funds is another area unique to the operation of nonprofit organizations.
The global studies specialization can provide further useful information that complements your core study of international non-governmental organizations (NGOs). You can learn how to effectively interact with different cultures and explore the diverse marketplace opportunities that exist in global engagement. Our global studies program will also teach you about the key issues involved in intercultural communication and help you develop your cultural intelligence (CQ).
Your studies will culminate in a capstone course, which will challenge you to determine how different strategies impact nonprofit organizations. You can take the knowledge gained from your courses and synthesize it for use in your career.
- BMAL 602 – Nonprofit Management
- GLST 600 – Cultural Anthropology*
- GLST 640 – Marketplace Strategies*
- GLST 650 – Intercultural Communication*
*Course guide available upon request
Highlights of Our MNM in Global Studies Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online MNM in Global Studies degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- This Master of Nonprofit Management degree can help you advance in your current position or shift to a new career that allows you to make a difference in the world.
- You can complete our MNM online – global studies program in just 1 year!
- You will have opportunities to network with other leaders in the nonprofit field from around the country.
Degree Information for the Online Master of Nonprofit Management
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Nonprofit International Management Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for MNM in Global Studies Graduates
- Advocacy director
- Board member
- Communications director
- Development director
- Global development consultant
- Major gifts officer
- Program director
- Social service member
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s MNM Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.