Help Your Nonprofit Use Its Resources Effectively with a Master of Nonprofit Management – Financial Management Degree
Every nonprofit organization serves a unique purpose – but all nonprofits rely on strong leadership and sufficient financial resources in order to carry out their mission. If you want to help your nonprofit make wise financial decisions, Liberty University’s online Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM) – Financial Management may be right for you. In this program, you can learn how to help nonprofits of all sizes acquire new capital, establish sustainable goals, and achieve financial stability.
The nonprofit world needs people like you who have a passion for serving others and a desire to lead with integrity. At Liberty, you’ll have the opportunity to explore this passion and hone your financial skills for use in a nonprofit career. Our master’s degree in financial management and nonprofit management can also help strengthen your leadership and communication abilities – so you can become better equipped to take on top-level roles in your organization.
Whether you currently work in the nonprofit sector or want to enter this exciting field for the first time, our nonprofit financial management master’s degree can help you pursue your goals. Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in your community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Nonprofit Financial Management Online Degree?
We don’t just train students for nonprofit work – we equip passionate, motivated individuals with the knowledge, values, and skills essential for impacting the world. Throughout this master’s in financial management, you can learn how to develop strategic plans and innovative solutions using best practices in nonprofit governance and finance. Our seasoned faculty have years of experience and advanced degrees in related fields, so you can be confident that you’re learning from the best. Additionally, our professors are committed to helping you succeed academically, professionally, and spiritually – which means you’ll receive training that’s both in-depth and well-rounded.
We know that the rest of your life doesn’t get put on hold when you go back to school. That’s why our nonprofit financial management degree courses are offered 100% online with 8 different start dates each year and no set login times. By partnering with us, you’ll have the freedom to earn your degree on your schedule and stay invested in the things that matter – like your family, job, and community – while taking the next step in your educational journey.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – meaning our programs have met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements. As you complete your nonprofit financial management courses online, you can be confident that you’re gaining a world-class education.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Financial Management and Nonprofit Management Degree?
This degree program is broken down into 2 parts: core nonprofit courses and the financial management specialization. The core courses cover essential aspects of nonprofit management such as board governance, fundraising, development, and grant writing. You’ll also examine international non-governmental organizations (NGOs) and the role they play in serving the public good. Additionally, you’ll study nonprofit accounting standards for budgets, transactions, and financial statements. The capstone course can help you synthesize your knowledge as you learn how to apply strategic planning and ethics to nonprofit work.
Within the financial management specialization, you’ll have the opportunity to develop financial skills that are vital in the nonprofit sector. For example, you can learn how to evaluate the health of a nonprofit organization by analyzing its financial statements. You’ll also dive into tax law, governmental accounting, and the impact of various legal issues on nonprofits. Lastly, you will study financial planning, forecasting, and risk management from a nonprofit perspective. With the knowledge you gain in this program, you can help your organization make proactive changes and develop financially sustainable goals.
- BMAL 630 – Accounting for Nonprofits
- BMAL 631 – Financial Management in Nonprofit Organizations
- BMAL 632 – Nonprofits and Legal Issues
- BMAL 633 – Nonprofit Financial Planning
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our Master of Nonprofit Management – Online Financial Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 8 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this master’s in financial management in as little as 1 year!
- As an online student, you’ll have access to a wealth of resources through our top-notch library portal.
- You’ll have the opportunity to network with nonprofit professionals from across the country while pursuing your online financial management degree.
Online Master’s in Financial Management and Nonprofit Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Master’s in Nonprofit Financial Management Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Master’s in Nonprofit Financial Management Degree Job Opportunities
Some of the roles you could pursue with this degree include:
- Advocacy director
- Chief financial officer (CFO)
- Director of development
- Executive director
- Financial manager
- Fundraising manager
- Major gifts officer
- Program director
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Nonprofit Financial Management Master’s Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.