Prepare to Build New Nonprofit Organizations with a Nonprofit Management Degree from Liberty
Does the idea of starting a nonprofit excite you? Perhaps you want to start a charity, or maybe you’ve already launched your own nonprofit and want to learn how to help your organization grow. With a Master of Nonprofit Management (MNM) – Entrepreneurship degree, you can become better equipped to begin a new career or take the next step in your current organization.
If you are passionate about serving in nonprofit organizations and have a creative spirit, Liberty’s entrepreneur program may be right for you. Whether you want to plant a church or launch a charity, a degree from Liberty can help you make a difference in your community.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Entrepreneurship Degree?
We know that making the choice to go back to school can be challenging. That is why our nonprofit management program is offered 100% online with no set login times. At Liberty, you can remain involved in your job, family, and community while pursuing your degree from the comfort of home.
In addition, all of the courses in our entrepreneurship program are taught by professors who have years of experience in nonprofit management and advanced degrees in related areas of study. Our professors are dedicated to your success and eager to help you thrive from the first day of class through graduation.
In addition to offering valuable instruction from seasoned faculty, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
Frequently Asked Questions
What degree do you need to be an entrepreneur?
It’s vital that you gain an understanding of fundamental business and management concepts in order to succeed as an entrepreneur – and our MNM in Entrepreneurship can help you do just that. Entrepreneurship is an exciting yet challenging career path – and by receiving formal training through a master’s degree, you can develop the skills you need to carry out your entrepreneurial pursuits.
Whether you’re balancing a budget and analyzing cash flow statements or navigating the landscape of cross-cultural communication, Liberty can help prepare you to succeed as a nonprofit entrepreneur.
Is a master’s in entrepreneurship and nonprofit management worth it?
In 2020, the median annual wage for management occupations was $109,760.* As an entrepreneur, you likely are – or will be – at the helm of managing your organization – and with a master’s degree from Liberty, you can gain the leadership skills you need to take on management positions in nonprofits of all sizes.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Management Occupations (viewed online Dec. 9, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What is the difference between a master’s degree in nonprofit management and a master’s in nonprofit administration?
While these degree programs share many similarities, there are some key differences between a masters degree in nonprofit management and a master’s in nonprofit administration.
A master’s in nonprofit administration typically has courses that revolve around the operations of a nonprofit organization. A degree in nonprofit administration may also have some management courses integrated into the program, but this is not the primary focus.
Liberty’s Master of Nonprofit Management – Entrepreneurship is a degree that focuses both on the operations of nonprofit organizations and on the nuances of managing a 501(c)(3). In addition, our nonprofit degree contains specialized courses that are designed to help you develop as an entrepreneur – so you can either launch your own nonprofit or help create innovative solutions in your current organization.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Online Degree?
In our masters in entrepreneurship degree, you will you will explore a vast set of courses in entrepreneurship and management of nonprofit organizations. You will also study topics like international non-governmental organizations (NGOs), grant writing, and accounting for nonprofits. With skills like these, you can positively impact your organization and be better equipped to lead with confidence.
As you take courses in the entrepreneurship specialization, you will dive into topics such as entrepreneurial innovation in NGOs and business law. There is a need for informed nonprofit managers who understand business law and know how to foster an entrepreneurial culture that breeds creativity. At Liberty, you can sharpen your skills so that you can graduate ready to make an impact in the nonprofit sector.
- BMAL 603 – Entrepreneurship
- BMAL 640 – Entrepreneurial Innovation in the Nonprofit Organization*
- BUSI 561 – Business Law
- WRIT 601 – Grant Writing
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your Master of Nonprofit Management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award associate, bachelor’s, master’s, specialist, and doctoral degrees.
- You can complete our online nonprofit management degree in as little as 1 year.
Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Nonprofit Management Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degree Graduates
As a graduate of our Master of Nonprofit Management – Entrepreneurship degree, you can be better prepared to pursue a variety of careers, including:
- Board member
- Business strategist
- Church planter
- Independent consultant
- Nonprofit president/founder
Admission Requirements for Our Master’s in Nonprofit Management Degrees
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.