Why Earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) Degree?
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is a multi-disciplinary professional program that prepares business leaders to advance in their careers at the highest levels of management and executive leadership. In the field of business, a Master of Business Administration degree is an industry-standard. Whether you are applying for new jobs or seeking advancement in your current career, the MBA can help push you to the forefront of the competition.
Every field needs professionals that are not only highly skilled but also grounded in biblical and ethical principles. Liberty University’s online MBA degree can help equip you to be both while keeping your education flexible enough to fit into your life. Most of our graduate business students are working professionals with families and other obligations, so we do not require a GMAT or GRE test score for admissions, and there are no on-campus requirements for the online MBA degree. We value the sacrifice you are making to pursue a Master of Business Administration with us, so we strive to provide practical and expedient ways for you to complete your education in the specific field of your choice with 100% online content and numerous specializations.
Admission Requirements for the Online Master of Business Administration Degree
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Fax, scan, or email unofficial college transcripts. Please Note – Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes for 60 days with the submission of a transcript request form. An official transcript will be needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Students must also have completed at least 15 hours of upper-level (300-400) undergraduate business credit. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution will be assessed by the master’s-level degree work.
- Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
Upon acceptance, the graduate transfer department will evaluate students for 27 hours of business credit in the following subject areas: accounting, business ethics, business finance, business integration and strategic management, business leadership, global dimensions of business, information management systems, legal environment of business, macroeconomics, human resource management, operations/production management, organizational behavior, marketing, microeconomics, or quantitative research techniques/statistics. Those who are missing some or all of these subject areas may be required to take BMAL 590.
Students who are missing some or all admission requirements may be placed into the Graduate Certificate in Management and Leadership as a bridge.* Upon successful completion of this certificate with at least a 3.0 GPA, these students can be reevaluated for the MBA program.
*In order to be eligible for the bridge, admission requirements for the graduate certificate must still be met.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your master’s degree after the last day of class for your bachelor’s degree.
- Complete a bachelor’s degree Self-Certification form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from our Forms and Downloads page, or contact an admissions counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit an official/unofficial transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcripts must show a minimum of 105 completed credit hours.
- If you are a current Liberty University student completing your undergraduate degree, you will need to submit a Degree/Certificate Completion Application.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Please see the Online Dual Enrollment page for information about starting graduate courses while finishing your bachelor’s degree.
Unofficial College Transcript Policy
An unofficial copy of your college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site, or be an opened copy that you may have in your possession. Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- Your previous school’s name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- A list of completed courses and earned credit broken down by semester
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If the student uses unofficial transcripts with a transcript request form to gain acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions decision or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day period will prevent registration.
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to the Master of Business Administration degree page.