What is the Master of Business Administration (MBA)?
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree is a multi-disciplinary professional program that prepares business leaders to advance in their careers at the highest levels of management and executive leadership. In the field of business, a Master of Business Administration degree is an industry standard that requires no explanation or introduction. Whether you are applying for new jobs or seeking advancement in your current career, the MBA can help push you to the forefront of the competition.
Every field needs professionals that are not only highly skilled but also grounded in biblical and ethical principles. Liberty University’s online MBA degree can equip you to be both while keeping your education flexible enough to fit into your life. Most of our graduate business students are working professionals with families and other obligations, so we do not require a GMAT or GRE test score for admissions, and there are no on-campus requirements for the online MBA degree. We value the sacrifice you are making to pursue a Master of Business Administration with us, so we strive to provide practical and expedient ways for you to complete your education in the specific field of your choice with 100% online content and numerous specializations.
How Do I Complete my Admissions Requirements for the Online Master of Business Administration Degree?
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to apply to a degree program with an Admissions Counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Fax, scan or email unofficial college transcripts. Please Note – Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes for 60 days with the submission of a transcript request form. An official transcript will be needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 (2.5-2.99) may be considered for admission on caution. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution will be assessed by the master’s-level degree work.
Undergraduate Business Prerequisites:
- Students who do not have 15 hours of upper-level undergraduate business courses, but meet the minimum GPA requirements, will be denied admission to the M.B.A. and will automatically be moved to our Master of Arts in Executive Leadership program as a bridge. After completing all portions of BMAL 590 as part of this bridge, students may reapply for admission to the M.B.A. program.
- Accounting Specialization Prerequisites – The M.B.A.’s Accounting specialization requires the following additional undergraduate prerequisites:
- ACCT 211 – Financial Accounting
- ACCT 212 – Managerial Accounting
- ACCT 301 – Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 302 – Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 311 – Cost Accounting I
- ACCT 401 – Taxation I
- ACCT 404 – Auditing
5. Applicants whose native language is not English must complete an approved English proficiency test or meet the requirements for a waiver. Please see our Online Graduate English Proficiency Requirements page for more information.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your master’s degree after the last day of class for your bachelor’s degree.
- Complete a Bachelor’s Degree Self-Certification Form confirming your completion date. You may download the form from our Forms and Downloads page, or contact an Admissions Counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit an official/unofficial transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcripts must show a minimum of 105 completed credit hours.
- If you are a current Liberty University student completing your undergraduate degree, you will need to submit a Graduation Application.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
If you plan to dually enroll in both a bachelor’s and master’s degree program, you must:
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to obtain a dual enrollment application.
- Complete and submit an application for admission.
As a non-Liberty undergraduate student, in addition to completing and submitting an application for admission, you must:
- Contact and speak with our Registrar directly.
- Have your current university’s registrar send Liberty’s Registrar’s Office an official letter to confirm that you are in the last nine hours of your undergraduate degree program.
Unofficial College Transcript Policy
An unofficial copy of your college transcript can either be faxed from the institution, printed from the school’s official site or be an opened copy that you may have in your possession. Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- School’s name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- List of completed courses and earned credit
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
If the student uses unofficial transcripts with a transcript request form to gain acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions date or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day period will prevent registration.
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to the Master of Business Administration degree page.