Oversee IT Projects with a Master’s in Software Management Degree
If you want to help solve business problems by designing efficient software and infrastructure, Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Information Technology (IT) – Software Design and Management may be right for you. This program can help equip you to meet the growing need for technology managers and software project administrators in the business world.
Maybe you want to break into the IT industry, or perhaps you’re looking to advance to a higher-level role in the field of software design. Either way, our master’s degree can help you gain the business, programming, and leadership skills needed to succeed in this competitive industry. Our courses will build on your previous knowledge of computer science and business management so you can pursue exciting career opportunities.
With increasing demand in the business world for IT experts, our software design and management master’s degree could be your path to a rewarding career. Partner with us and train to become a leader in the booming IT industry.
What is a software development degree?
With a specialization in software design and management, you won’t just gain technical skills and learn about programming languages. You’ll also learn how to manage projects and oversee a team, allowing you to combine technology with human capital to accomplish business goals.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Software Development Management?
Our goal is to train qualified job candidates to lead with skill and integrity in the world of business and IT. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career path, advance in your current field, or pursue a terminal degree, our online software management degree can help you achieve your goals. This program incorporates cutting-edge research with the latest technology to help ensure you can meet the needs of the modern IT industry.
Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need. Our online master’s in software development has no set login times, which means you can complete your courses when and where it’s most convenient for you. In addition, you’ll learn from professors who have years of real-world experience in business and IT. Our faculty are passionate about what they do, eager to share their expertise, and committed to helping you take your career to the next level.
We won’t just help you get an education — we’ll equip you to creatively solve real-world problems and integrate ethical standards into your professional life. At Liberty, we’re committed to Training Champions for Christ. With this goal in mind, we seek to help you grow academically, spiritually, and professionally. Our master’s in software development online is an accredited degree that offers top-notch credentials and practical training.
Why pursue a master’s in software design and management?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for software developers is expected to grow 21% from 2018 to 2028 — which is much faster than the average growth for all industries.* By earning a master’s in design management and software, you can take a vital step toward establishing yourself as a leader in this growing, lucrative field. And by choosing Liberty, you’re choosing an accredited, high-quality degree that can fit your schedule and help you get ahead of the curve.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Software Developers (viewed online August 17, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Software Management Master’s Degree Program?
In this information technology program, you’ll take several core IT courses as well as specialized courses for the design and management area of study. Software design managers need more than just technical knowledge — they must know how to lead a team of IT professionals to accomplish business objectives. That’s why our program focuses on developing your hard and soft skills so that you can effectively lead a team of professionals as you solve complex IT problems and implement efficient software.
If you’re seeking advanced training in IT infrastructure and management, our master’s program is a great option. You’ll take an in-depth look at many important aspects of the IT industry, such as systems analysis, ethical and legal issues, data mining, computer security, data analytics, and database design. Equipped with this training, you can prepare to oversee large-scale information technology projects in your organization.
You can also learn how to develop IT systems, manage software development projects, and create innovative products and services that will help your company grow. Our professors will train you in statistical analysis techniques so that you can leverage valuable data for your business. With a curriculum rooted in biblical ethics, you can learn how to maintain high moral and professional standards in the workplace.
Through the software design and management specialization, you’ll explore software development from a managerial perspective. That way, you won’t just learn how to design software and develop effective IT systems — you can become equipped to oversee projects from start to finish and use your company’s resources wisely.
- CSCI 611 – Secure Software Engineering
- CSIS 525 – Database Design and Development
- CSIS 641 – Software Development Management
- CSIS 643 – Software Design
Highlights of Our Software Design and Development Online Master’s Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online M.S. in software design and management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- You can complete your M.S. in Information Technology online degree in less than 2 years.
- Prestigious companies frequently seek out Liberty graduates for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- In this program, you’ll learn from seasoned professors who have extensive experience in the world of business, technology, software design, and management.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Having an accredited master’s degree could help boost your employment prospects and help you stand out from other job candidates.
- The courses in this program are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
Master’s in Software Management Online Degree Information
- The M.S. in software management falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online software design and technology program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Master of Science in Software Development Management
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Careers for Graduates with an M.S. in Software Design and Technology
By earning a master’s in information technology degree, you can pursue a variety of job opportunities in the world of business and IT. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing our software design program include:
- Application designer
- Database administrator
- Database analyst
- Information systems manager
- Management analyst
- Software application developer
- Software programmer
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Software Design and Management Master’s Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.