Lead Development Projects by Earning an Online Master’s in IT – Software Design and Management Degree
If you want to design complex programming products, solve IT problems for organizations, or lead a team of IT professionals in creating business systems, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Science in Information Technology – Software Design and Management is for you! In Liberty University’s online master’s in IT degree, you will be equipped to meet the business world’s need for technology management and software project administration.
Not only will you increase your knowledge in the field of information technology but you will also gain a deeper understanding of the infrastructure of business systems, assessment and needs analysis, and modeling and design through practical training and real-world instruction. With increasing demand in the business world for IT professionals, our software design and management master’s degree could be your path to a rewarding career.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Software Design and Management Degree?
Liberty University’s goal for the online M.S. in Information Technology program is to develop business and IT professionals into excellent managers and project administrators in the IT field. Through this online master’s degree, you can learn how to develop efficient IT systems that will help your business grow and manage software development projects that will create new products and services. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates the demand for software developers to grow 24 percent through 2026; this is much higher than the increase of other occupations.*
Students who pursue the online Master of Science in Information Technology will be able to take advantage of the booming IT industry and establish themselves as leaders in the field. Liberty University’s 36-hour software design and management master’s degree intentionally prepares individuals to meet the needs of today’s information technology industry, whether as an information technology leader, professional, or instructor.
What Will You Learn in the Online Master’s in IT – Software Design and Management Degree?
The online Master of Science in Information Technology – Software Design and Management degree builds on your previous programming, information science, and business experience to give you advanced training in IT infrastructure and management as well as specialized studies in computer science. You will receive an in-depth but digestible overview of security issues and the database design and development process so that you can oversee large-scale business management information systems.
You will be trained in statistical analysis techniques to leverage valuable data for your business. The core content training in this program is rooted in important biblical ethics principles and an understanding of legal issues so that you can be equipped to lead with Christian character. The software design and management area of study for the online master’s in IT degree provides additional, advanced studies in large-scale and complex software development. You can become an expert in developing secure, efficient, and innovative software that meets time and budget constraints.
- CSCI 611 – Secure Software Engineering
- CSIS 641 – Software Development Management
- CSIS 643 – Software Design
Program Highlights for the Online Masters in IT – Software Design and Management
- By earning your online M.S in IT – Software Design and Management degree from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online information technology degree and other online programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other schools have raised tuition for their programs, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- Students can complete the online master’s in IT – software design and management in as little as two years.
- Increase your job opportunities in business organizations by completing your Master of Science in Information Technology focusing on software design and management.
- Prestigious companies frequently seek out Liberty graduates for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Learn from experienced professors and qualified practitioners in the field of technology concentrating on software design and management.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
Similar Online Degree Programs
Master of Science in Information Systems – Liberty University’s Master of Science in Information Systems provides you with a broad perspective of information-related issues in strategy, security, ethics, design and development, and related business process support. Each of the program’s core courses focus on gaining essential technology and management knowledge while discovering interpersonal and team collaboration skills through an array of business and real-world viewpoints.
Master of Arts in Communication – The design of our Master of Arts in Communication integrates communication theory and professional practice to provide you with an edge in the business world. From this M.A. in Communication, you will be able to critically analyze and apply communication theory based on best practices and conduct and present communication research using appropriate methods and scholarly writing.
Master of Business Administration – Not only is our Master of Business Administration ACBSP accredited, but the design is also to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each area of study equips you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in a specialized facet of the business world.
Online Master’s in IT – Software Design and Management Degree Information
- Our online IT degree falls under the School of Business.
- Review the software design and management Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Degree in IT – Software Design and Management
After completion of our Master of Science in Information Technology with a software design and management area of study, you will have the opportunity to pursue a career in the following areas:
- Application Designer
- Database Administrator
- Software/Application Developer
- Database Analyst
- Software Programmer
Admission Requirements for the Master of Science in Information Technology – Software Design & Management
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.