Learn How to Build Secure Networks with Liberty University’s Online Master’s Degree in IT – Network Security
Are you passionate about business, technology, and network design? Do you want to learn more about cybersecurity and help your company develop secure networks? If so, Liberty University’s 100% online M.S. in Information Technology – Network Design and Security may be for you! Our program can help you learn how to manage network systems, create security methods for data protection, and ensure that your organization’s applications and software carry out vital tasks.
Cyber attacks are on the rise in today’s digital world, and companies of all sizes need qualified professionals who can help them eliminate security threats and optimize networks. With a master’s in computer networking and security, you can prepare to design, utilize, and protect web-based servers and systems in a variety of settings. Apply today and train to lead as a Champion for Christ in the exciting world of cybersecurity!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Information Technology – Network Security and Design Program?
At Liberty University, we seek to Train Champions for Christ. That means we blend rigorous academics with a biblical worldview so you can pursue a rewarding career while glorifying Christ. Additionally, our professors have real-world experience in their field and are committed to helping you develop practical skills for use in the workplace.
Balancing school and work may seem challenging, but it doesn’t have to be. Liberty’s security design and networking master’s degree is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can earn your degree from the comfort of your home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them. Most importantly, you can stay invested in the things that matter — like your family, job, and community — while taking the next step in your academic journey.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We proudly hold regional accreditation through SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges. You can pursue your degree with confidence knowing that our programs have met rigorous academic standards.
Whether you’re seeking career advancement, a pay raise, or new job opportunities, our master’s in secure network design can help you pursue an exciting career in cybersecurity. Partner with us and see how far your degree in network design software can take you!
What are the career and salary prospects for graduates with a master’s in network security?
Your salary will depend on a number of factors, such as where you live and how much work experience you have. However, in general, job candidates who hold a master’s degree earn approximately 18% more each year than their professional peers who only have a bachelor’s degree.*
Here are just some of the jobs and salaries you could pursue after earning your network security master’s online:
- Database administrator – $98,860**
- Information security analyst – $103,590***
- Software developer – $110,140****
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Network Security and Design Program?
Liberty’s M.S. in network security and design is broken down into core IT courses and the network specialization. Our IT classes provide advanced training in a variety of topics, including IT infrastructure, systems analysis, software development, database design, and statistical analysis. You will also learn about various countermeasures that are used to combat malicious codes, network attacks, and hostile content.
With our network design and security concentration, you can become equipped to develop innovative improvements in the areas of network creation and data security. Some of the topics you’ll study include:
- Methods for designing database systems that meet the needs of rapidly changing business environments.
- Practical techniques for securing networks using intrusion detection software and firewalls.
- Threat models, electronic mail security, network layer security, virtual private networks, and cryptography.
If you’re seeking the skills and credentials needed to succeed in cybersecurity, partner with us. We can help you lead with integrity in your chosen career path.
- BMIS 530 – Systems Analysis, Modeling, and Design
- BMIS 662 – Telecommunications and Network Security
- CSCI 601 – Applied Network Security
- CSIS 651 – Network Architecture and Design
Highlights of Our Master’s Degree in Information Technology and Security
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your network security master’s degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online information technology degree and other online programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other schools have raised tuition for their programs, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete this master’s degree in network security in just 1.5 years!
- Employers frequently seek out Liberty graduates for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Check out our other online cybersecurity degrees to find the program that best matches your interests and career goals.
Network Design and Information Technology Master’s Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s in network design program.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Network and Information Technology Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Options with a Network Security Master’s Online
After completing our master’s in network security, some of the roles you could pursue include:
- Computer network architect
- Database administrator
- Information security analyst
- Network security manager
- Security auditor
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Computer Networking and Security
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online Oct. 25, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Database Administrators and Architects (viewed online Oct. 25, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
***Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Information Security Analysts (viewed online Oct. 25, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
****Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Software Developers, Quality Assurance Analysts, and Testers (viewed online Oct. 25, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.