Design, Build, and Secure Networks with Liberty University’s Online Master’s Degree in IT – Network Design and Security
Information technology professionals utilize existing software and operations systems, as well as applications, to create networks to carry out tasks. Most of the time IT professionals work directly with clients and co-workers to complete these tasks, as well as explain to clients how to solve issues they may be experiencing. If you have an interest in technology, communications, business relations and management, and design and security of networks, then consider pursuing Liberty’s master’s degree in information technology with a specialization in network design and security.
You can complete our master’s degree in information technology 100% online, which gives you the opportunity to remain connected with your family, career, and community. Learn the various skills needed for managing network systems and designing security methods for data protection from the comfort of your home and on your schedule!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Information Technology – Network Design and Security Online Program?
At Liberty University we Train Champions for Christ. This means we blend rigorous academics with a biblical worldview, so you have the tools you need to not only succeed in your career but also glorify Christ in the process. Our professors have real-world experience in their field, allowing them to provide the practical skills and knowledge you need to further your career.
The future for IT professionals is exceedingly bright. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics anticipates the demand for software developers to grow 24% through 2026, and the increase for information security analysts is even higher at 28%.* The management, security, and software development skills you will gain in our online master’s degree in information technology will prepare you to meet the high demand in this field.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Information Technology – Network Design and Security?
Our master’s degree in information technology, with a specialization in network design and security, provides the training you need to become a critical thinker and create innovative improvement in the areas of network creation and security of data and information. Our online IT degree will prepare you in the areas of information security, data and information management, project management, and web applications.
You will receive additional training in:
- The basics of cryptography.
- Threat models and electric mail security, network layer security, firewalls, intrusion detection, and virtual private networks.
- Managing and optimizing large networks, both efficiently and securely.
- Basic theory and applied mathematics.
- BMIS 662 – Telecommunications and Network Security
- CSCI 601 – Applied Network Security
- CSIS 651 – Network Architecture and Design
Program Highlights for the Online Master’s in IT – Network Design and Security
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online information technology degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our online information technology degree and other online programs has not increased in 6 years. While many other schools have raised tuition for their programs, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete the online master’s in IT – network design and technology degree in as little as 1 and a half years!
- Increase your job opportunities in business organizations by completing your Master of Science in Information Technology focusing on network design and security.
- Prestigious companies frequently seek out Liberty graduates for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Learn from experienced professors and qualified practitioners in the field of technology concentrating on software design and management.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACSCOC).
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Science in Information Systems – Provides you with a broad perspective of information-related issues in strategy, security, ethics, design and development, and related business process support. You will gain essential technology and management knowledge while discovering interpersonal and team collaboration skills through an array of business and real-world viewpoints.
- Master of Business Administration – ACBSP accredited and 100% online, our MBA program will strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each area of study equips you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in a specialized facet of the business world.
Online Master’s in Network Design and Security Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View the graduate business Course Guides (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Career Options with a Degree in IT – Network Design and Security
After completing our Master of Science in Information Technology – Network Design and Security degree, you can pursue many careers fields and job opportunities in information technology, including:
- Database administrator
- Network security manager
- Information security analyst
- Security auditor
Admission Requirements for the M.S. in Information Technology – Network Design and Security
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.