Learn to Protect and Defend Your Organization’s Assets with an M.S. in Information Systems – Technology Management Online Degree
More and more businesses rely heavily on data networks and computer systems to conduct their day-to-day operations. They need employees to effectively manage these systems and ensure a positive return on investment for the company. Liberty University’s online master’s degree in information systems with a specialization in technology management will equip you with the training you need to successfully run effective and efficient technology systems.
Through our technology management online degree program, you will receive advanced training in developing business strategies, setting long-term goals, and providing the support and management technology systems require. This degree is ideal if you are looking to branch out from your current business role to information systems. Additionally, if you are trying to enter the field for the first time, Liberty’s online M.S. in Information Systems will give you the training you need!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Information Systems – Technology Management?
Liberty University has been pioneering distance learning since 1985. We are committed to providing our students with the highest quality of education in the form of flexible and affordable degree options. The knowledge and skills you gain in this technology management degree can help you gain a competitive advantage in this competitive and rewarding field.
Our online technology management master’s degree is 100% online, which means you can remain active in your career, family, and community while pursuing your master’s degree. Our faculty members are experienced professionals who have real-world experience in the field of information security and see your education as part of their mission to Train Champions for Christ.
What are the Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Information Systems Technology Management Degree?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment for computer and information systems managers will increase by 10% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than average for all occupations.* As more companies expand their business to digital platforms, computer and information systems managers will continue to grow.
Completing a master’s degree demonstrates your willingness to go beyond basic practice to solve difficult technology management systems problems.
This program is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Information Systems Vs. Information Technology
The terms information technology and information systems are often confused or considered to mean the same thing. In reality, they are two different career paths that use different skills and disciplines.
- Information Systems (IS) involves the management of an entire set of information. In this field, you are not only focused on the technological components but also on the people and processes involved.
- Information Technology (IT) is focused on the design, support, and management of computer-based information systems. IT falls under the umbrella of IS and includes hardware, software, databases, and networks.
If you want to manage and refine computer networks to support business operations and protect data, then you should consider pursuing an information systems degree. If you want to be a front-end developer, programmer, or manage teams of programmers for the development of software products, you would be better served by our master’s degree in information technology.
*Data obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Systems Managers (visited September 18, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in the M.S. in Information Systems Online Degree?
Technology management is a multidisciplinary field that pairs project management with technological systems and operations. Throughout your time in this technology management degree program, you will gain an understanding of the complex technology systems that are behind the workings of businesses and organizations.
This master’s in IT management degree will also teach you how to ensure the competitive advantage of your business by effective incorporation and development of technology. You will also learn how to analyze and re-conceptualize the organization in terms of business processes and how to use that knowledge to improve efficiency.
Additional training includes how to:
- Ensure prompt delivery of digital products and services.
- Handle projects with programmers, computer science, and network developers.
- Use business administration problem-solving techniques to overcome obstacles.
- Use cutting-edge techniques for streamlining data management systems.
- Utilize technology management to help you prioritize and execute effective technology upgrades for better business operations.
- BMIS 601 – Decision Making and Executive Information Systems
- BMIS 603 – Business Simulation and Modeling
- BMIS 680 – IT Project Management I
- BMIS 681 – IT Project Management II
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Information Systems Degree Program
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online information systems degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition rates for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs have not increased in 7 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Through your master’s in technology management online, you will learn cutting-edge techniques for streamlining data management systems and how to handle projects with programmers, network developers, and computer science team members.
- You will gain practical training in technology management to help you prioritize and execute effective technology upgrades for better business operations.
- You can complete the information systems master’s in technology management degree in as little as 1.5 years!
M.S. in Information Systems Degree Information
- This program falls under the Liberty University School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides. (login required)
Master’s in Information Systems Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Our Online Information Systems Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form.**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Technology Management
- Computer and information systems manager
- Computer systems analyst
- Data administrator
- Information systems manager
- Network Administrator
- Project manager