Protect and Defend Your Organization’s Assets by Earning an Online Master of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance
As the digital world continues to expand so does the need for qualified and trained experts who can assure the safety and efficiency of data networks. Liberty University’s online Master of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance will provide the knowledge and skills you need to be successful in this rapidly growing field. Identifying and responding to threats from hackers and cybercriminals is part of the training you will receive throughout this degree program.
While other information security degree programs deal with tracking and the response to attacks after they happen, this degree in information assurance will give you the skills to build and design systems that are proactive in preventing attacks on data and information.
Whether you want to branch out from your current business role to information systems, or are trying to enter the field for the first time, Liberty’s online MS in Information Systems will give you the training you need to assist businesses in securing their data and run efficiently with cutting-edge technology!
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance?
Our online master’s program in information assurance can be completed 100% online, which means you can study and complete assignments when it is convenient for you and from the comfort of your own home or office. The professors who teach the courses in our IS degree have real-world experience in the field of information security and will provide the support and guidance you need to be successful. The course curriculum within this degree is taught with a biblical worldview, giving you opportunities to integrate your faith into your career and grow as a professional who exemplifies the ethical standards desired by businesses.
What are the Benefits of Our Master’s in Information Systems Management Degree?
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that employment for computer and information systems managers will increase by 12% from 2016 to 2026, which is faster than average for all occupations. As companies transition to digital systems and internet-based operations, demand will increase for computer systems and information assurance managers to oversee and protect vulnerable data and systems.*
Completing a master’s degree demonstrates your willingness to go beyond basic practice to advanced business theory to solve difficult technology management systems problems.
This program is 100% online with no required on-campus intensives and no thesis requirement.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Students have the flexibility to specialize in Information Assurance or Technology Management to tailor their education to their specific career goals.
Information Systems Vs. Information Technology
Students who want to manage and refine computer networks to support business operations and protect data should consider pursuing an information systems degree. Students who want to be a front-end developer, programmer, or manage teams of programmers for the development of software products would be better served by our Master’s degree in Information Technology.
*Data obtained from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Computer and Information Systems Managers (visited January 25, 2018).
What Will You Learn in our M.S. in Information Systems Online Degree?
As part of the core curriculum for our information systems master’s degree, you will receive technical knowledge and training in data, voice, image and video communications and computer networks, in order to be able to effectively communicate with others in the field of telecommunications. As you progress in this degree program, you will learn how to develop proactive plans for cyber disasters, allowing you to react quickly and efficiently to malicious technical threats or incidents if they happen.
Additional training in this degree includes:
- Learning cutting-edge techniques for streamlining data management systems
- Ensuring prompt delivery of digital products and services
- Handling projects with programmers, computer science, and network developers
- Studying technology management to help you prioritize and execute effective technology upgrades for better business operations
- BMIS 662 – Telecommunications and Network Security
- BMIS 663 – Secure Enterprise Design and Development
- BMIS 664 – Info. Forensics, Compliance and Risk Management
- BMIS 665 – Information Operations and Security
Highlights of the Online Master’s in Information Systems Degree Program
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s in information systems – information assurance degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition rates for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs have not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
Learning cutting-edge techniques for streamlining data management systems, ensure prompt delivery of digital products and services, and how to handle projects with programmers, network developers, and computer science team members.
Gaining practical knowledge in technology management to help you prioritize and execute effective technology upgrades for better business operations.
- You can complete the information systems master’s in information assurance degree in as little as 1 and a half years!
MS in Information Systems Degree Information
- This program falls under the Liberty University School of Business.
- View the Degree Completion Plan
- View the Graduate Course Syllabi (login required)
Master’s in Information Systems Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Information Systems Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a Master of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance
- Data Network Consulting
- Systems Integration
- Information Security Analyst
- Project Management
- Information Assurance Cyber Specialist