Protect Your Organization’s Assets by Earning a Master of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance Degree
As the digital world continues to expand, so does the need for qualified and trained experts who can ensure the safety and efficiency of data networks. Liberty’s online M.S. in Information Systems (IS) – Information Assurance (IA) program can equip you for success in the rapidly growing field of cybersecurity. Throughout this program, you’ll learn how to identify and respond to threats from hackers and cybercriminals.
Whether you want to advance in your current field, launch a new career, or prepare for doctoral studies, our program can help you achieve your goals. You can develop the skills needed to prevent attacks on valuable data and information.
Partner with us and prepare to help businesses secure their data, maintain confidentiality, and run efficient information systems.
What is information assurance?
Information assurance specialists seek to safeguard information and manage risk factors related to the storage and transmission of important data.
What can you do with a degree in information assurance?
Our information assurance master’s degree can help you pursue new job opportunities or advance to management positions. Some of the roles you may be suited for include:
- Computer network architect
- Computer systems administrator
- Data administrator
- Information systems manager
- Risk management specialist
- Software developer
What are the pay and job outlook prospects for a career in information assurance?
The average salary for information security analysts is $99,730 per year. This field is projected to grow 31% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.*
Earning your master’s can have a huge impact on your earning potential! By completing a master’s degree, you could earn approximately 20% more each year than your professional peers who only have a bachelor’s degree.**
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Information Security Analysts (viewed online November 30, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
**Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Unemployment rates and earnings by educational attainment (viewed online November 30, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master’s in Information Assurance Degree?
More and more companies are transitioning to internet-based operations, and they rely heavily on IA professionals to keep their information safe. At Liberty, you can develop the skills needed to fight and prevent cybercrime in your organization.
Our master’s in information assurance is available 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can earn your degree from anywhere in the world and easily access your course materials whenever you need them. The best part? You can stay fully invested in your family, job, and community while achieving your academic goals!
Our IS professors have years of real-world experience in the field of information security. With their guidance, you can gain new skills that will help set you apart in the cybersecurity industry. Our faculty are knowledgeable in their field, passionate about what they do, and firmly rooted in the Christian faith.
At Liberty, you won’t just get a degree — you’ll explore practical ways to live out biblical principles in the workplace. You’ll be equipped to serve as a Champion for Christ in your career, wherever God is calling you.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Information Systems Assurance Management Program?
Our core courses provide advanced training in leadership, IT infrastructure, legal issues, and systems analysis. You’ll learn how to identify emerging technologies, assess human interaction with computers, and manage effective information systems. You will also complete an integrated thesis project, allowing you to synthesize your knowledge and solve IS challenges.
Within the information assurance cognate, you will learn how to proactively defend against cyber disasters and minimize the negative effects of malicious attacks. You’ll also explore the policies, laws, and regulations related to cybercrime. With this knowledge, you can help your company assess risks, maintain privacy, and recover from attacks in the event of a security breach.
IS professionals don’t just work with technology — they manage teams of people in business environments. Our information assurance master’s program can help you gain the leadership skills needed to oversee operations and accomplish important business objectives.
The modern business environment relies heavily on web-based servers, telecommunications, and network systems. Because of this, it’s vital that you know how to communicate effectively with a variety of cybersecurity professionals. Throughout your cybersecurity career, you’ll also need to navigate many types of ethical challenges. Our program covers these topics and more!
Throughout your IS and IA courses, you’ll learn how to:
- Collaborate with programmers, computer science specialists, and network developers.
- Ensure prompt delivery of digital products and services.
- Improve business operations using technology upgrades.
- Preserve data confidentiality and integrity.
- Streamline data management systems.
- BMIS 662 – Telecommunications and Network Security
- BMIS 663 – Secure Enterprise Design and Development
- BMIS 664 – Information Forensics, Compliance, and Risk Management
- BMIS 665 – Information Operations and Security
Highlights of Our Information Assurance Master’s Degree Online
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online master’s degree in information assurance from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can complete this information security and assurance program in under 2 years!
- As an online student, you’ll get to network with cybersecurity experts from across the country.
- Check out our other online cybersecurity degree programs!
- Our master’s degree in information security is offered in a 100% online, 8-week course format.
- At Liberty, you’ll learn how to live out ethical principles in your career.
- The capstone thesis project provides an opportunity for you to analyze and address current issues in cybersecurity.
- Our seasoned faculty can help you become a vital business asset and boost your marketability.
- Employers often seek out Liberty graduates for their integrity, versatility, and strong work ethic.
Online Information Assurance Master’s Program Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our master’s degree in information assurance.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the Master of Science in Information Assurance
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s M.S. in Information Assurance Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
What Can You Do with a Master’s Degree in Information Assurance?
Some of the roles you may qualify for after earning this degree include:
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Data network consultant
- Information security analyst
- Project manager
- Systems integrator