Combine Your Passion for People with Your Desire to Explore Technology in Our Master’s in Health Informatics Degree
Our Master of Science (MS) in Health Informatics can help you learn how to make a difference in the lives of patients by facilitating the management and use of patient healthcare information. The health informatics field is multifaceted — using information technology to improve patient care through better quality, efficiency, and new healthcare opportunities. If you have a passion for serving others in the healthcare field and enjoy being an advocate for those in need, this health informatics master’s degree may be for you!
Our master’s in healthcare informatics degree program can be completed 100% online, so you won’t have to travel to a residential campus to pursue your degree. In addition to accommodating your current work schedule, this degree can help you seek new job opportunities. Demand for medical records technicians is projected to grow 9% over the next 10 years.*
Throughout our online Master of Science in Health Informatics degree, you will be taught the knowledge and skills needed to merge the technological and relational sides of healthcare. Liberty’s health informatics degree online can help you increase your knowledge as a health professional in the rapidly changing healthcare technology field. At Liberty, we want to see you graduate ready to meet the demand for strong leaders in health informatics. Apply now or request information today!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, Medical Records and Health Information Specialists, (visited June 28, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What is Health Informatics?
Online health informatics programs combine the 2 fields of healthcare and information technology. People in this field use various classification systems to code and categorize patient information for insurance reimbursement purposes.
Much of your work in this field may deal with databases, but you can also expect to:
- Maintain the confidentiality of patient records
- Review patient records for timeliness and accuracy of data
- Track patient outcomes to ensure a quality assessment
- Use classification software to assign clinical codes for insurance reimbursement
Another related job field is that of a cancer registrar. This is a very specialized area concentrating on maintaining and analyzing the data related to cancer patients. Professionals in this field help to track the treatment, survival, and recovery of patients with all types of cancers.
There are quite a few employment opportunities available in the health information systems field due to government mandates for access to health information. Understanding the language, terminology, and coding required to create the databases for healthcare systems is essential. Liberty’s health informatics degree can help you gain the skills needed to work on and manage these databases.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Health Informatics Program?
Our online MS in Health Informatics degree can help provide the training you need to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, security, and innovation of information technology. This online master’s in health informatics program is designed for individuals seeking careers in a health-related occupation. Following the mission of Liberty University, our master’s in health informatics faculty members strive to educate holistically by teaching the values, knowledge, and expertise that health informatics requires.
Liberty University strives for continual improvement to promote student success. This degree program allows you to learn database design, health policy, and public health research methods. Our faculty teach courses with experience in the health sciences, mastery of the concepts being taught, and solid biblical foundations. Your experience at Liberty shouldn’t just be rewarding — it should also push you outside of your comfort zone while helping you excel in the classroom and in the health sciences field.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s Degree in Health Informatics Online
- Increase in job opportunities in healthcare organizations after completing our Master of Science in Health Informatics online degree.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Learn from experienced professors in the field of healthcare technology.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can rest assured that your degree has met rigorous academic standards.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Health Informatics Degree?
A career in health informatics is a great way to integrate your passion for helping people with the latest technological advancements in the healthcare industry. Liberty University’s online MS in Health Informatics degree is designed to train you in cutting-edge technologies so you can create a better experience for every patient.
Focusing on the foundations of health informatics, you can gain the essential tools needed for leading and managing information technology (IT) projects. You will also learn the essential skills for statistical reasoning and methods in addressing, analyzing, and solving problems in healthcare and biomedical research.
Your training will also include emerging information systems. This can help you quickly meet the changing needs of healthcare delivery systems. With Liberty’s online master’s in health informatics, the knowledge and in-demand skills you gain in your degree can help prepare you for a rewarding career.
The time has never been better to pursue an online health informatics degree, and at Liberty University, it has never been easier. Don’t put your future on hold any longer – partner with us, gain valuable skills, and take your career in health informatics to new heights!
Health Informatics Featured Courses
- BMIS 680 — Advanced IT Project Management I
- BUSI 630 – Managerial Epidemiology
- INFO 505 — Health Informatics
- INFO 545 — Healthcare Information Systems and Integrated Technologies
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Health Informatics Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your master’s in healthcare informatics online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our master’s in health informatics online degree and other online programs has not increased in 7 years. While many other schools have raised tuition for their programs, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Students enrolled in our master’s in health informatics online degree program will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
- You can complete this master’s in health informatics online degree in less than 2 years!
Master’s in Health Informatics Program Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Master’s in Health Informatics Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Health Informatics Online Program
After completion of our master’s in health informatics online degree, you can pursue a career in many healthcare fields, a few of which are listed below.
- Cancer registrar
- Data administrator
- Data networking analyst
- Health information manager
- Health information technician
- Medical coder
- Systems integration specialist
Admission Requirements for the Master’s in Health Informatics Online Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.