Combine your Passion for People and Exploring Technology with Our Master’s in Health Informatics Degree
Our M.S. in Health Informatics will help you learn the process of making a difference in the lives of patients by facilitating the management and use of patient healthcare information. The health informatics field is multifaceted, using health information technology to improve patient care through better quality, efficiency, and new healthcare opportunities. If you have a passion for serving others in the healthcare field and enjoy being an advocate for those in need, this could be the career path for you! Our master’s in health informatics online degree program can be completed 100% online for your convenience as a working professional.
Throughout our online Master of Science in Health Informatics degree, you will be provided with the knowledge and skills needed to merge the technological and relational side of healthcare. Liberty’s health informatics degree online is meant to help you increase your knowledge as a health professional in the rapidly changing healthcare technology field. We want you to graduate ready to meet the demand for leaders and managers in health informatics!
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Health Informatics Online Degree?
Our purpose in creating the online M.S. in Health Informatics degree is to improve healthcare through effective, efficient, secure, and innovative information technology training. This 36-credit hour online master’s in health informatics online degree program is designed for individuals seeking careers in a health or related occupation. Following the mission of Liberty University, our master’s in health informatics faculty members strive to educate the complete person, teaching the values, knowledge, and expertise that health informatics requires to improve IT solutions and meet the needs of effective health delivery.
Liberty University strives for continual improvement to promote student success. We want to provide you with an avenue that allows you to learn database design, health policy, and public health research methods. For this reason, our faculty teach courses in this master’s in health informatics with experience, mastery of the concepts being taught, and solid biblical foundations. Your experience at Liberty should not only be rewarding but it should also push you outside of your comfort zone so you can excel in the program and the field.
Benefits of Earning a Master’s in Health Informatics Online Degree
- Increase in job opportunities in healthcare organizations after completing our Master of Science in Health Informatics online degree.
- Liberty graduates are frequently sought after by prestigious companies for their integrity, personal discipline, and versatility.
- Learn from experienced professors in the field of healthcare technology.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Accreditation by SACSCOC means your degree will be recognized around the nation.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Master’s in Health Informatics Degree?
A career in health informatics is a great way to integrate your passion for helping people with the latest technological advancements in the healthcare industry! Liberty University’s online M.S. in Health Informatics degree is designed to train you in cutting-edge technologies so you can create a better experience for every patient.
Focusing on the foundations of health informatics, you will gain specialized training in project management, statistical literacy, and emerging information systems as you take the next step in your education. With Liberty’s online master’s in health informatics, you can be confident that the knowledge and in-demand skills you gain in your degree will prepare you for a rewarding career.
Health Informatics Featured Courses
- BMIS 680 – Project Management
- HLTH 501 – Biostatistics
- INFO 545 – Health Care Information Systems and Integrated Technologies
- INFO 505 – Health Informatics
Highlights of Our Online Master’s in Health Informatics Degree
- Tuition for our master’s in health informatics online degree and other online programs has not increased in four straight years. While many other schools have raised tuition for their programs, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- By earning your M.S. in Health Informatics from a non-profit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Students enrolled in our master’s in health informatics online degree program will have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
You can complete this degree in under two years!
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Business Administration (36 Credit Hour Track) – Not only is our Master of Business Administration ACBSP accredited but it is also designed to strengthen your management skills as you build on your foundation in entrepreneurship, business, and management in a variety of organizations. Each specialization within this degree is designed to equip you with the tools and skills essential for effective communication skills and research practices necessary to thrive in the business world.
- Master of Science in Healthcare Administration (MSHA) – Our Master of Science in Healthcare Administration will equip you with an understanding of informatics, public health, and nursing disciplines. Through our M.S. in Healthcare Administration, you will learn how to add value to your organization and be able to make informed decisions regarding strategic planning, business management techniques, and financial models and principles.
- Master of Arts in Executive Leadership – Liberty’s Master of Arts in Executive Leadership is designed to prepare you to excel as a business professional in a variety of management positions. Pursuing this degree will enhance your opportunities for career advancement and will strengthen your critical thinking skills through challenging real-world assignments.
Master’s in Health Informatics Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate (per credit-hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Health Informatics Degree
After completion of our master’s in health informatics online degree, you have the opportunity to pursue a career in many healthcare fields, a few of which are listed below.
- Data Administrator
- Data Networking Analyst
- Systems Integration Specialist
Admission Requirements for Master’s in Health Informatics Online Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.