Your Future in Cyberspace Begins with Liberty’s Online Cybersecurity Master’s Program
The rise of digital technology is transforming our world — but with it comes those who take advantage of technology’s power to commit crime. Use your career, passions, and skills to fight for justice in all settings and to protect businesses, organizations, and individuals. Earn a master’s in cybersecurity and join the fight to protect information in cyberspace.
With Liberty University’s 100% online cybersecurity master’s degree, you will engage in exciting classes. You’ll learn about advanced defense of computer and network security and how to combat existing threats and bolster systems to withstand future attacks.
Our cybersecurity master’s program focuses on providing you with the analytical framework necessary for prevention, detection, countering, and recovery from security vulnerabilities and cyber incidents. You will also study the standards and best practices related to an organization’s cyberspace infrastructure.
An online master’s in cybersecurity will prepare you for a wide variety of positions in the field of cybersecurity. You will have many job opportunities and room for growth throughout your career.
One common career for those who have completed their master’s in cybersecurity is an information security analyst. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the typical cyber security salary is $98,350.* The field is also projected to grow 32% from 2018 to 2028* — much faster than the overall average for the country. With high job availability, high pay, and a variety of career options available, a master’s degree in cybersecurity is worth the investment!
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Information Security Analysts (viewed online February 12, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual pay.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Cybersecurity Online?
Liberty University is one of the leading Christian universities in the nation and offers a variety of completely online cybersecurity-related degrees. Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), so you can be confident that you will receive a quality education that holds its value in the marketplace.
Our master’s degree in cybersecurity online is taught by Christian professionals with real-world experience in the field. You will gain valuable insight into the world of cybersecurity today that will help you stand out among potential employers. Our master’s in cybersecurity online professors are also dedicated to their Christian faith. They will teach you how to handle ethical issues within your discipline from a biblical worldview.
Our cybersecurity master’s program online also offers a final capstone project that will provide you with real-life, hands-on experience. This will help you apply your coursework to real security situations, boost your résumé, and make you a strong candidate for future positions.
Liberty is proud to offer our Master of Science in Cybersecurity 100% online. So you can continue to dedicate time to your job, family, and community without taking courses on campus. Our flexible cybersecurity master’s degree online will also make your goal of becoming a cybersecurity expert a reality in under 2 years! Liberty’s master’s in cybersecurity can help you reach your career goals.
What Will You Learn in Our Master of Science in Cybersecurity?
Understanding the legal and technical implications of today’s digital age is critical to promoting justice and combating cyber attacks. Liberty’s master’s in cybersecurity will teach you the language of the digital world. Our computer science courses focus on ethics, legal considerations, and practical computer skills. You will learn to acquire, examine, and interpret digital evidence through cryptography and hacking.
Our master’s degree in cybersecurity online also offers a project for hands-on experience to apply the concepts learned in the program to a real-life setting. You will complete a research task, develop a large, security-related software project, or execute a large security task.
Featured Courses in Our Online Master’s in Cybersecurity
- CSCI 511 – Digital Forensics
- CSCI 605 – Applied Cryptography
- CSCI 620 – Issues in Security, Privacy, and Anonymity
- CSCI 632 – Ethical Hacking
Highlights of our Cybersecurity Master’s Degree Online
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online master’s in cybersecurity from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Our online cybersecurity master’s program does not require the GRE or another standardized test. This will make it easier for you to pursue your education without interrupting your busy schedule.
- Complete your degree in as little as 1.5 years with our convenient 8-week, 100% online courses in our cybersecurity master’s degree.
Cybersecurity Master’s Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Online Cyber Security Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Cyber Security Degree Potential Career Options
Career options continue to grow for students who complete our master’s in cybersecurity online degree program. Technology has become more integrated into our day-to-day lives which makes a cybersecurity degree invaluable.
Graduates of our online master’s in cybersecurity may pursue available opportunities to help safeguard secret governmental information or be better equipped for a wide array of potential careers in information security within the private sector.
- Digital forensics analyst
- Information security specialist
- Penetration tester/ethical hacker
- Security engineer
Admission Requirements for the Master’s Degree in Cyber Security
Regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree in one of the following majors with at least a 3.0 for admission in good standing:
- Computer programming
- Computer science
- Information systems
- Information systems management
- Information technology
Please visit our admission requirements page for the bachelor’s degrees that are acceptable as well as exceptions to the admission policy that can be reviewed.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.