Be the Star Behind the Show with Liberty’s Online B.S. in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management Degree
You have a passion for planning and bringing people together. Liberty’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management degree can help you turn that passion into a successful career. In our bachelor’s degree in sports venue management, you can learn how to professionally and efficiently coordinate dynamic sports and entertainment events of all varieties. Here at Liberty, we will give you the tools you need to lead in event planning with excellence and integrity.
Why Choose Our Bachelor’s Degree in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management?
At Liberty, your success is our success. We created our bachelor’s in sports venue management degree to give you the tools you need to excel. We have been pioneering distance learning since 1985, and we’ve used our experience to design an academically excellent but flexible online degree program that maximizes your time.
In our B.S. in Sports Management, you will learn from seasoned educators and professionals who have professional experience in venue and event management. By earning your bachelor’s degree in sports venue management from Liberty, you can have the credentials you need for success.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Sports Management — Sports Venue Management Degree Program?
Through our bachelor’s degree in sporting event management, you will learn basic management principles that can be applied directly to the sports entertainment field. Our sports and event venue management bachelor’s degree also focuses on teaching you how to manage arenas, stadiums, conference centers, theaters, performing arts centers, and other recreational facilities. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock.
Combine your love of sports with a practical passion for business in this sports management degree. People are important, and you will learn how to develop relationships within your staff, team, and the organizations you will work with so you can continue bringing people together.
- BUSI 313 – Foundations of Project Management
- SMGT 405 – Sport Finance
- SMGT 440 – Guest Service in Sport Venues*
- SMGT 441 – Sport Venue Operations*
*Course guide coming soon
B.S. in Sports Venue Management Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports management degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Get the opportunity to turn your knowledge into wisdom as you intern in a sport-related business or organization.
Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- The B.S. in Sport Management — Sport Venue Management online degree falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Venue and Event Management
- Facility and arena management
- Resort management
- Ticket operations/sales management