Connect Players and Fans with Our BS in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations Degree
Our 100% online bachelor’s degree in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations will equip you to lead in the sports world with integrity and excellence. Through our bachelor’s in Sports Management degree, you will be prepared for a career in public relations, facility and event management, intercollegiate athletics, or professional sports organizations. Partner with us and let us help you achieve your full sports management potential.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations Degree?
As one of the leading universities in the nation offering both residential and online degree programs and a pioneer in online education, we have a history of excellence and innovation. You can be assured that we have designed our bachelors in Sports Communication and Public Relations degree with your success in mind. Made to be completed in four years or less and 100% online, our BS in Sports Management degree program offers you the flexibility you need to maximize your time. In our bachelors in Sports Management program, you will be taught by professors who have professional experience in sports administration and who are dedicated to helping you succeed.
Our Sports Management bachelor’s degree in Sports Communication and Public Relations will allow you to combine your love of sports with your interest in social media, communications, and public relations. By earning your bachelor’s degree in Sports Management from Liberty, you will receive a degree that will be well-respected as our prestigious sports management program has lauded state-of-the-art facilities. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with such fine organizations as Adidas HQ (Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock.
What Will You Learn in Our BS in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations?
Throughout our online bachelor’s degree in Sports Communication and Public Relations, you will learn sports marketing and media strategies – including how to best utilize social media platforms. You will also study the latest trends in technology in our BS in Sports Management, so you will be ready to connect with your public on developing platforms. At Liberty, we strive to prepare you for your career, and your internships and practicums will give you the opportunity to gain practical public relations experience in the sports world.
- SMGT 310 – Communication Technology in Sport*
- SMGT 410 – Sports Marketing*
- SMGT 430 – Sports Media Strategies*
- STCO 348 – Strategic Social Media
*Course syllabi not yet available
Our Online BS in Sports Management Communication and Public Relations Degree Program Highlights
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- By earning your bachelors in Sports Communication and Public Relations degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in the field.
- The opportunity to intern at well-known sports organizations and sport-related businesses.
Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- The Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations program is housed under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Course Syllabi (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for Acceptance on Caution. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All Applicants Must Submit the Following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official College Transcripts; if not available, Unofficial Transcripts accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Options with a BS in Sports Management – Communications and Public Relations Degree
Sports Communication & Public Relations