Connect Players to Fans with Our B.S. in Sports Management — Sports Communication and Public Relations Degree
Our 100% online Bachelor of Science in Sports Management – Sports Communication and Public Relations degree will equip you to lead in the sports world with integrity and excellence. Upon completion of our bachelor’s in sports management degree, you will be prepared for a career in public relations, facility and event management, intercollegiate athletics, or professional sports organizations. Partner with us and let us help you achieve your full sports management potential.
Why Choose Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Sports Management — Sports Communication and Public Relations Degree?
As a pioneer in online education, Liberty University has a history of excellence and innovation. You can be assured that we have designed our bachelor’s in sports communication and public relations degree with your success in mind. This degree is 100% online and designed to be completed in 3 and a half years or less, giving the flexibility you need to maximize your time. In our bachelor’s in sports management program, you will be taught by professors who have professional experience in sports administration and are dedicated to helping you succeed.
Our sports management bachelor’s degree in sports communication and public relations will allow you to combine your love of sports with your interest in social media, communications, and public relations. You may also follow in the footsteps of past graduates who had the opportunity to intern with organizations like Adidas (Headquarters in Germany), the Washington Redskins, DC United, and Push the Rock.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Sports Management — Sports Communication and Public Relations?
Throughout our online bachelor’s degree in sports communication and public relations, you will learn sports marketing and media strategies – including how to best utilize social media platforms. You will also study the latest technology trends in sports management so you will be ready to connect with the public on developing platforms.
At Liberty, we strive to prepare you for your future career. Your internships and practicums will give you the opportunity to gain practical public relations experience in the sports world.
- SMGT 310 — Communication Technology in Sport
- SMGT 410 — Sports Marketing
- SMGT 430 — Sports Media Strategies
- STCO 348 — Strategic Social Media
Our Online B.S. in Sports Management Communication and Public Relations Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online sports communication and public relations degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You have the opportunity to intern at well-known sports organizations and sport-related businesses.
Online Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Information
- The sports communication and public relations program falls under the School of Business.
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor’s in Sports Management Degree
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Potential Career Fields with a Communications and Public Relations Degree
- Sports advertising
Sports communication and public relations