Jump-start Your Career with an Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development
Digital technology and the web are revolutionizing the way we see, understand, and interact with our world. Liberty University’s Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development can help you become a key player in the digital movement that is reshaping our culture.
With an increasingly digitized world, it is critical that the market has an army of talented web developers in all fields. Because of dramatic growth in demand for web services, the Bureau of Labor Statistics projects that web development employment will grow 8% between 2019 and 2029 — a rate much higher than the national average for projected job growth.* Liberty University’s web developer online school can equip you to meet the growing need for web development leaders.
Average Annual Salary
Projected Job Growth
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook at Web Developers and Digital Designers (viewed online June 21, 2021. Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
If you are looking for further career advancement, you might also be interested in our online B.S. in Information Technology – Web and Mobile Programming degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development?
Our web development certificate offers a fast-track option to jump-starting your career. Liberty is one of the largest private, nonprofit universities in the nation and the largest university in Virginia, and we are committed to providing you with world-class training and a quality educational experience.
With our certificate in web development, you will have access to countless resources, including experienced professors and a network of like-minded students who share your interest in web development. You’ll have the opportunity to learn from professors who have years of field experience in areas like developmental computer programming, building a program from design to delivery, and the foundations of web architecture. And by combining online learning with course content from an accredited university, you will receive the high-quality education Liberty is proud to offer while still being able to remain active in your family, job, church, and community.
Certificate in Web Development Potential Career Options
Our Certificate in Web Development can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our web development certificate:
- Digital advertising spcialist
- SEO specialist
- User interface analyst
- Web application designer
- Website manager
The analytical skills that you gain from our certificate in web development can be an asset in several career fields as you pursue positions of added responsibility. If you’re interested in earning a bachelor’s degree someday, this certificate can help prepare you for our BS in Information Technology – Web and Mobile Programming degree. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a web development certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development?
The web development and design certificate classes within this certificate are tailored to give you the most updated, applicable training to help you find success in your career. Through computer science courses, you will gain a thorough understanding of how to apply frameworks and strategies to a wide variety of business settings.
Throughout this certificate, you can learn:
- How web technology can provide solutions to critical business processes and how to develop these solutions
- How to apply programming concepts to stand-alone web applications and object-oriented programming
- The foundations of web architecture
- Current technologies utilized in the development of a website
- How to assess the usability of a website
- Advanced features of Java and preparation for the Sun Certified Java Programmer exam
- Basic issues and principles of information system security such as security policies, their mechanisms of implementation, and defenses against attackers
- Current technologies and best practices for developing database-driven dynamic websites
- How to apply programming concepts to mobile application development
Highlights of the Online Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- You can complete our Undergraduate Certificate in Web Development in about 2 semesters.
Military Benefits for Online Web Development Certificate Students
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts — $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Certificate in Web Development Information
- This certificate falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for course-specific information.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Certificate in Web Development
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.