Help Protect Digital Assets with an Online Information Assurance and Security Certificate
Do you want to help businesses avoid data breaches and protect important information? If so, Liberty University’s undergraduate Information Assurance Certificate provides a fast track to cybersecurity awareness through 6 online computer science courses. Our program can help you gain practical skills in risk management and information system security so you can pursue a rewarding career in the IT (information technology) field.
Median Wage in 2020
Projected Job Growth
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook at Information Security Analysts (viewed online Oct. 27, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Our information assurance courses will introduce you to the fascinating world of digital information systems so you can learn how to protect data and digital content from hacking or misuse. Throughout this program, you’ll study under faculty who are experts in their field. Our professors are firmly rooted in the Christian faith and committed to helping you lead with skill and integrity.
Companies today often suffer from cyber attacks, so there is a need for qualified professionals who know how to protect sensitive data and ensure integrity and confidentiality in computer systems. With Liberty’s online information assurance training program, you can gain foundational knowledge that can help you grow in your current role or explore new areas in the world of business.
What is information assurance (IA)?
Companies of all sizes need to safeguard their information and manage risk factors related to the storage and transmission of important data. By working in information assurance, you can help businesses protect their data assets and information systems from various risks, thus ensuring that only authorized users can access sensitive information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Information Assurance and Security Certificate Online?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance learning since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. We seek to offer flexible, high-quality programs that equip students like you for the real world. Through our information assurance online training certificate, you can explore your passion for cybersecurity and decide whether you’d like to continue your study of this exciting field.
Are you worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities? If so, we have just what you need. This certificate is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your assignments from the comfort of your home and easily access your course materials whenever you need them. The best part? You won’t have to travel to a physical campus, so you can stay invested in your family and job while pursuing your goals!
Additionally, Liberty’s online information assurance and security certificate can help you gain new skills while saving time and money. At only 18 credit hours, you can complete this program much faster than a full-length degree!
And, if you later decide to pursue a bachelor’s degree, the credits from this certificate can transfer seamlessly into our Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance. Check out all of Liberty University’s online cyber security degrees to find out how you can further your studies at the bachelor’s and master’s levels!
Potential Career Options with an Information Assurance Certificate
Our Information Assurance Certificate can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our Information Assurance Certificate, such as:
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Information assurance engineer
- Information assurance specialist
- Information security analyst
- IT specialist
The technical skills that you gain from our certificate in information assurance can be an asset in many other aspects of the cybersecurity world as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance degree. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with an Information Assurance Certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Information Assurance Courses?
If you want to learn about information assurance IT online, this undergraduate certificate is a great option! Throughout this program, you will study core concepts in cybersecurity and information systems while gaining essential skills that can help you prepare for future employment.
Cyberattacks are on the rise, and companies need to find new and improved ways to protect valuable information. That way, they can build credibility among customers and clients and thrive in the marketplace. If you want to branch out into this booming field, our online certificate program can help!
Through your courses, you will analyze the tools that comprise information systems and learn how to leverage technology to maintain a competitive business advantage. You will also explore how data communication and networking systems function so you can more fully understand how to safeguard information. Other topics of study include:
- Methods for preventing damage to computer systems
- Prominent risks and threats in today’s digital world
- Strategies for planning and implementing information security programs
- Various preventative measures such as firewalls and virtual private networks
Are you excited to help businesses protect their digital assets? Do you want to hone your technical skills and earn a credential that can help you stand out to employers? If so, partner with us. We can help you learn more about the exciting field of cybersecurity and pursue a career that lets you make a difference!
- CSIS 100 – Introduction to Information Sciences and Systems
- CSIS 330 – Business Data Communication Systems
- CSIS 331 – Networks
- CSIS 335 – Network Security
- CSIS 341 – Information Security Planning
- CSIS 343 – Cybersecurity
Highlights of Earning a Certificate in Information Assurance at Liberty University
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online Information Assurance Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- This certificate can help you prepare for a related bachelor’s degree program if you later want to further your education.
Information for the Undergraduate Certificate in Information Assurance and Security
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty University’s Certificate Program in Information Assurance
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for the Online Information Assurance Certificate Program
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.