Protect Your Company’s Data with an Information Systems Assurance Degree
Do you love working with people and computers? Are you seeking an exciting, lucrative career in a booming industry? Does the field of cybersecurity fascinate you?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (IS) – Information Assurance (IA) degree may be for you! Our program will train you to protect the integrity and confidentiality of information systems within organizations. You can learn how to manage security networks that keep your company’s data safe.
Through this online degree in information assurance IT, you can gain practical skills that could help boost your marketability. Partner with us and prepare to lead with excellence and integrity in the workplace.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
What is information assurance?
Companies of all sizes need to safeguard their information and manage risk factors related to the storage and transmission of important data. Information assurance professionals work to protect the integrity and authenticity of user data, in both physical and electronic forms. They ensure that only authorized individuals gain access to given sets of information.
Our information assurance degree combines technical training with business management concepts. You can prepare to help your organization develop effective security measures using best practices in risk management, system safety, computer architecture, and fraud examination.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Information Systems Program?
At Liberty, we seek to Train Champions for Christ. In keeping with this mission, we’ve designed our online programs with your success in mind. We offer flexible courses, affordable tuition rates, and practical training that can help equip you for the real world. Whether you’re looking to launch a new career or enter the job market for the first time, we can help.
Choosing Liberty means choosing…
Flexibility | Our Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance degree is offered 100% online, and the classes have no set login times. You can complete your coursework whenever and wherever it’s best for you — even from the comfort of your home! If you’re a full-time parent or working professional, we offer the flexibility you need to pursue your degree without putting your life on hold.
Respected Credentials | Liberty’s online bachelor’s in information security is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). You can be confident that your degree has met rigorous academic standards and accreditation requirements.
Experienced Faculty | In this information assurance program, you’ll study under professors who have years of experience working in business, technology, and cybersecurity. They can help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to protect your company’s most valuable asset: its information.
Networking Opportunities | As an online Liberty student, you’ll get to network with other students, faculty, alumni, and professionals in the field of information systems. Building your network is a valuable way to jumpstart your career and expand your career options!
Biblical Principles | At Liberty, we strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. We won’t just help you get a degree — we can help you integrate ethical principles with professional knowledge so you can stand out as a person of integrity in the workplace.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a B.S. in Information Systems degree?
Our bachelor’s degree in information systems provides an in-depth look at how technology and people interact in the workplace. In other words, an IS degree isn’t just about technology — it explores the holistic management of technology, people, and business processes.
What are the benefits of earning an information systems degree?
Many students who complete an IS degree go on to become information systems managers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for computer and information systems managers is $146,360 per year. This field is projected to grow 10% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.* Attending information assurance school online at Liberty is a great way to pursue lucrative job opportunities in this booming industry.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Computer and Information Systems Managers (viewed online October 12, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Is information assurance a good career?
Yes! Many IA graduates go on to become information security analysts. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for information security analysts is $99,730 per year. This field is projected to grow 31% from 2019 to 2029, which is much faster than the average for all industries.*
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Information Security Analysts (viewed online October 12, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What can you do with a bachelor’s degree in information assurance IT?
By earning an online information assurance degree, you can pursue many exciting career paths. Some jobs you may qualify for include:
- Computer support specialist
- Computer systems administrator
- Computer systems analyst
- Database administrator
- Information security analyst
- Information systems manager
- Network administrator
- Security engineer
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor’s in Information Assurance Program?
As an information assurance professional, you’ll need to possess skills in many different fields, including accounting, business, information science, criminology, and security engineering. Our program can help equip you with the knowledge you need to enter the job market with confidence.
Some of the topics covered in this program include management, business law, programming, information security, web architecture, macroeconomics, and IS project management. You can develop a variety of hard and soft skills so you can effectively manage people and technology in your company.
Within the information assurance specialization, you’ll dive into cybersecurity, digital forensics, and network security. You can also learn how to develop and implement effective information security programs. Our business courses can help you ensure that your company complies with the law and keeps costs down.
After completing this IS program, you could take various examinations for certifications. That way, you can further boost your résumé and demonstrate your expertise to employers. Our final capstone course provides the opportunity to gain hands-on experience through a real-world project.
Bachelor’s in Information Assurance Online Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s information assurance IT degree.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Some of the courses in this program have required assessment fees or Oracle fees.
Military Benefits for the Online Information Assurance IT Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Information Assurance IT Online Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our bachelor’s degree in information assurance is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation.
- The courses in this program are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- Pursue potential college credit for life experience through our Experience Plus program.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- If you want to further your education at the graduate level, you may want to pursue one of our online master’s programs.
- Check out our other cybersecurity degree programs! You can also visit our B.S. in Information Systems page to see if any of our other specializations interest you.
What Can You Do with a Bachelor’s in Information Systems?
Liberty University’s cyber security degree in information assurance can help you pursue many exciting job opportunities. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Computer network architect
- Computer systems administrator
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Information assurance analyst
- Information assurance engineer
- Risk management specialist