Become a Valuable Business Asset with Our Online B.S. in Information Systems – Information Assurance Degree
Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance is designed to help you achieve a position in your dream career. Our degree program focuses on teaching you methods and skills to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of information systems with your organization.
We have created our online information assurance degree with your success in mind. You can complete your degree in four years or less, and our flexible online format will allow you to continue to work while going to college because our goal is to support you as both a student and as a professional.
What is Information Assurance?
A crucial function of business processes is safeguarding information and managing risk factors related to the processing, storage, and transmission of data and information. Information assurance addresses the protection of the integrity and authenticity of user data, in digital, analog, and physical forms.
As an information assurance professional, you can work with organizations to increase the security of their client and customer information as well as analyze risk management. Information assurance is similar to the field of information security, but information assurance relates more to the business level and management of information, rather than the creation of security controls and measures.
Why Choose Liberty’s 100% Online B.S. in Information Systems –Information Assurance Degree?
In accordance with the mission of Liberty University, our online information security classes seek to educate and help you develop the values, knowledge, and skills you need to ensure the security of your organization’s most valuable asset, its information. Your time with Liberty University will provide you with a network of alumni, faculty, and classmates who have goals and aspirations similar to yours. You will be able to rely on the support of that network of professionals as you enter your career in information assurance and security, no matter where your calling takes you.
Liberty University’s information assurance bachelor’s degree will help you integrate biblical principles into your professional life. We strive to live out Christ-like characteristics and use the power of faith and education to transform people and the world. Our staff and faculty assist our students in achieving their goals in information assurance and cybersecurity.
As part of Liberty’s School of Business, the B.S. in Information Systems – Information Assurance degree holds program accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Whether you are currently working in the information assurance field or looking to launch a new career, our online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems – Information Assurance will help you stand out as a Christ-centered, ethical, and value-driven professional.
What Will You Learn in the Information Assurance Degree Program?
Information assurance is an interdisciplinary field that requires knowledge of accounting, business, fraud, information science, systems and security engineering, and criminology. Throughout our online information assurance bachelor’s degree program, you will be given foundational knowledge in all of these areas as well as in statistics, management principles, IS hardware and software, and macroeconomics.
Various examinations for certifications are available after completing the information systems program or certain information systems courses.
Bachelor’s in Information Assurance Online Degree Information
- Download and explore the Degree Completion Plan.
- This online degree program falls under the School of Business.
- View the online information assurance degree Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
- Our B.S. in Information Systems does have required assessment fees in some business courses. Oracle® fees are also required for certain courses.
- Learn how to get college credit for your professional training through our Experience Plus program.
- Once you have completed your bachelor’s degree, we recommend completing one of our online graduate programs to further your career opportunities in cybersecurity and information assurance.
Military Benefits for Our Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times times
Admissions Requirements for the Online B.S. in Information Systems – Information Assurance Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Online Information Assurance Degree Program
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our bachelor’s of information assurance degree holds program accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).
- As an online student, you will have the opportunity to network with leaders and experts in the information assurance field from across the country.
- See the online cybersecurity degree programs page for information about Liberty’s other cybersecurity-focused programs.
- Review our B.S. in Information Systems page to see if any of our other information systems specializations might interest you.
- If you are looking for more in-depth training in computer programming, you might want to consider one of our information technology degrees.
Potential Careers with a Bachelor’s Degree in Information Assurance
- Computer network architect
- Computer systems administrator
- Cybersecurity specialist
- Information assurance analyst
- Information assurance engineer
- Risk management specialist