Help Others Protect and Grow Their Finances with Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning
Liberty University’s online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning provides the foundational training you need to be successful in business and financial planning. Financial planning is critical for people in all stages of life. Financial planners advise clients on the best ways to earn, invest, save, and grow their money so they are set up for long-term success. Our financial planning certificate will prepare you to enter this field with confidence.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning?
Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning can be completed 100% online. While studying in the comfort of your own home or office, you will gain access to the same great courses and resources that you would find on a residential campus. With Liberty’s certificate program, you will also find that it costs less and takes less time to complete than other programs. You can usually finish a certificate in less than a year.
Become Qualified to Pursue Financial Planning Certifications
Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning online will help you prepare to sit for the CFP and CKA certification exams. Our program provides you with courses that cover the basic skills included in these exams so you can pursue the certifications. Take a look below to see what each certification can do for you.
Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA)
As someone pursuing a financial planning degree from Liberty University, a Christian faith-based organization, you will be qualified to sit for the CKA Program Proctored Exam upon graduation. By receiving this certification, you are ensuring that your employer and clients can have confidence that you are serving them from a financially ethical and biblical worldview.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Our financial planning degree can prepare you to sit for your CFP exam, giving you a distinction among other financial professionals. This certification will show employers and clients that you have a well-rounded understanding of topics in finance, including budgeting, retirement planning, saving for education, managing taxes, insurance coverage, and more.
What Will You Learn in Our Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning?
Our online financial planning certificate provides the training you need to be successful in the world of financial planning. Throughout this certificate, you will study financial, retirement, and estate planning. No financial planning certificate program would be complete without covering investments and how they can secure a client’s financial future.
- ACCT 401 – Taxation I
- BUSI 352 – Financial and Retirement Planning
- BUSI 354 – Estate Planning
- BUSI 420 – Investments
- BUSI 421 – Insurance Planning/Risk Management/Employee Benefits
- BUSI 489 – Capstone in Financial Planning
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 5 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning in as little as 1 semester.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set log in times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.