Help People Manage Their Finances with a Financial Planning Certificate Program
Financial planning is critical for people in all stages of life — but it can be a daunting task. How can people get the help they need to develop effective budgets, use their money wisely, and set realistic goals for financial success? The answer: financial planners.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Personal Financial Advisors (viewed online June 21, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Financial planners are professionals who are skilled at helping businesses and individuals manage their money and achieve financial security. If you want to lead others to financial freedom, Liberty University’s online undergraduate Financial Planning Certificate may be right for you! Whether you want to work as a corporate financial manager or help individuals with their personal financial planning, our program can equip you to meet the growing need for professionals who know how to set and achieve financial goals.
Certificate in Financial Planning Potential Career Options
Our Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning can help you prepare for several career paths. Depending on your current knowledge, education level, and experience, there are many different positions that could benefit from our accredited financial planning certificate:
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Management consultant
- Personal financial planner
The business, finance, and market skills that you gain from our certificate in financial planning can be an asset in many other aspects of the financial planning field as you pursue positions of added responsibility. Additionally, the credits from this certificate may transfer directly into the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Financial Planning. Take the next step towards your personal and professional goals with a financial planning certificate from Liberty University.
Additional education or training may be required for some jobs or occupations. Conferral of a certificate does not guarantee job placement.
Why Choose Liberty’s Financial Planning Certificate Online?
At Liberty, we’re committed to your success. We’ve designed this program to be 100% online, so you can reach your academic goals in a way that fits your schedule. You can complete your assignments from the comfort of your home and log into your courses when it’s most convenient for you while still gaining access to the same great resources found on our residential campus.
The best part? You can complete this program in less than a year! Our undergraduate finance certificate online is a great alternative to a full-length bachelor’s degree, allowing you to gain vital skills while saving time and money. To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we strive to offer a top-notch educational experience that prepares you to make a difference and lead with integrity in the workplace.
Choosing Liberty means choosing a program that equips you with on-the-job training and real-life skills. Our online financial planner certificate can help jumpstart your career in the world of finance. Plus, if you want to further your education, the credits you earn in this program can transfer seamlessly into our B.S. in Business Administration – Financial Planning degree.
Become Qualified to Pursue Financial Planning Certification
This program will help you meet the educational requirements needed to sit for the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification exam. Take a look below to see what this certification can do for you.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Earning the highly-respected CFP certification can help set you apart from other financial professionals and give your clients confidence in your skills. One question you may have is “Can I get my CFP without a degree?” While a full bachelor’s degree is not required, you can only take the CFP exam after completing certain academic prerequisites, which can be met through our online certificate in financial planning. With Liberty’s competitive tuition rates, our program can help keep your CFP certification costs down.
What Will You Learn in Our Certified Financial Planner Courses Online?
In this program, you will gain the communication, organizational, and analytical skills needed to succeed as a financial analyst or Christian financial advisor. Liberty’s commitment to high-caliber academics, biblical training, and flexibility helps us stand out as one of the best online CFP programs. You can be confident that the knowledge and skills gained in this certificate will help set you up for success in the real world.
Our certificate in financial planning online courses offer training in a variety of topics, including taxation, retirement planning, investments, estate planning, risk management, and employee benefits. That way, you can learn how to help individuals, corporations, and nonprofits alike manage their budgets and use their resources wisely.
As a financial planner, you will need to advise clients on the best ways to earn, invest, save, and grow their money. To equip you for these responsibilities, our program contains a final capstone project that will put your skills to the test by having you write an actual financial plan.
From corporate finance and capital budgeting to personal finance and insurance planning, Liberty’s certificate courses offer comprehensive training that can help you enter the finance sector with confidence.
- ACCT 401 – Taxation I
- BUSI 352 – Financial and Retirement Planning
- BUSI 354 – Estate Planning
- BUSI 420 – Investments
- BUSI 421 – Insurance and Risk Management
- BUSI 489 – Capstone in Financial Planning
Highlights of Our Online Undergraduate Certificate in the Fundamentals of Finance
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online Financial Planning Certificate from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- You can complete our online undergraduate certificate in finance in as little as 1 semester.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal.
- All of our financial planning courses online are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- Our program can help equip you to pass the CFP exam and earn this respected finance credential. Compared to the cost of CFP courses at other schools, we believe Liberty stands out with high-quality academics and competitive tuition rates.
Undergraduate Certificate in Finance Online Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan for our online CFP program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Finance Certificate Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Certificate in Financial Planning
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted into this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.