Help Others Protect and Grow their Futures with Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning
Liberty University’s online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning provides the foundational training you need to be successful in business and financial planning. Financial planning is critical for people in all stages of life. Financial planners advise clients on how to best earn, invest, save and grow their money, so they are set up for success in their later years. Our financial planning certificate will prepare you to enter this field of business, confident in your training.
With the earned credit hours you receive in this certificate, you can seamlessly transition into one of our bachelor’s degrees in business administration, accounting, or other relevant bachelor’s degree.
Why Choose Liberty’s Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning?
Liberty’s undergraduate certificate in financial planning can be completed 100% online. While studying in the comfort of your own home or office, you will gain access to the same great courses and resources that you would find on a residential campus. With Liberty’s certificate program, you will also find that is costs less and takes less time to complete than other programs. You can usually finish a certificate in less than a year. Additionally, you will be enrolled in the appropriate classes that will allow you to sit for the CFP (Certified Financial Planner) exam.
What Will You Learn in our Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning?
Our online financial planning certificate provides the training you need to be successful in the world of financial planning. Throughout this certificate, you will study financial, retirement, and estate planning. No financial planning certificate program would be complete without covering investments and how they make or break a client’s financial future.
- ACCT 401 – Taxation I
- BUSI 352 – Financial and Retirement Planning
- BUSI 354 – Estate Planning
- BUSI 420 – Investments
- BUSI 421 – Insurance Planning/Risk Management/Employee Benefits
- BUSI 489 – Capstone in Financial Planning
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning Program Highlights
- By earning your Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs has not increased in 4 straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a non-profit university.
- You can complete our online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning in as little as one year.
Online Undergraduate Certificate in Financial Planning Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Certificate Completion Plan.
- View the Gainful Employment Data for this certificate.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set log in times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Certificate Programs
Applicants must have a 1.5 or above cumulative combined GPA for all accredited colleges previously attended and complete the High School Self-Certification form. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts; if not available, submit a transcript request form.**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**Please note: You cannot be accepted for this program until Liberty has your official transcripts.