Help Others Achieve Financial Freedom with a Bachelor’s Degree in Financial Planning
Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Financial Planning can equip you to help meet the need for professionals who know how to set and achieve financial goals. With the knowledge you will gain in this program, you could go on to help companies, nonprofits, and individuals make wise financial decisions and become good stewards of their resources.
In today’s society, finances are a common source of stress among people, businesses, and organizations. You can help reduce this anxiety by becoming a financial planner. Whether you want to work as a corporate finance manager or help individuals with their personal financial planning, Liberty can help provide the tools you need to accomplish your goals.
What degree do you need for financial planner jobs?
Many financial planner jobs require at least a bachelor’s degree. With affordable tuition rates, quality academics, and a flexible online format, Liberty University stands out among higher education institutions. We can help you prepare to take the next step in your professional journey.
What is financial planning in a business setting?
Financial planners provide assistance to all types of companies, from small start-ups to large corporations. As a financial planner, you can help a business set specific goals, determine the amount of resources needed to achieve those objectives, and create an effective budget that will help the organization succeed in the future. Most importantly, you can help ensure that the company’s fiscal plans align with its mission and values.
What is the difference between a financial planner and a financial advisor?
While they have much in common, a financial advisor is not the same as a financial planner. Financial advisors are trained to help people manage all of their money and investments. For example, they may help clients with wealth management. In contrast, financial planners help clients achieve long-term financial goals by developing realistic fiscal plans.
Why Choose Liberty’s Financial Planning Degree Online?
Liberty’s BSBA in Financial Planning is designed to help you stand out in the competitive business industry. Our business degrees are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP), and our courses are taught by professors who have years of experience in the world of finance. You can be confident that our BSBA program provides quality training from industry experts.
To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we have designed our online financial planning degree to help you lead in your field with integrity. Throughout this program, you’ll explore business and finance concepts through the lens of a biblical worldview so you can be prepared to integrate ethical standards with industry best practices.
Our financial planning bachelor’s degree is offered 100% online, and our classes have no set login times. That means you can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you! Most importantly, you can stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, job, church, and community — while still earning a degree that can help jumpstart your career.
Become Qualified to Pursue Financial Planning Certifications
This program will help you meet the educational requirements needed to sit for the Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA) and Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification exams. Take a look below to see what each certification can do for you.
Certified Kingdom Advisor (CKA)
Do you want to work in Christian financial planning and help clients handle their financial affairs according to biblical principles? If so, you may want to pursue a CKA certification. As a Christian organization, Liberty offers relevant financial training that can prepare you to sit for the CKA exam upon graduation. A CKA certification can show your future employers and clients that you are serving them from an ethical perspective.
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
Earning the highly-respected CFP certification can help set you apart from other financial professionals and give your clients confidence in your skills. You can only take the CFP exam after completing certain academic prerequisites, which can be met through our online bachelor’s in financial planning. With Liberty’s competitive tuition rates, our program can help keep your CFP certification costs down.
What Will You Learn in Our Financial Planning Bachelor’s Program?
Prepare to help others discover financial freedom and security.
In this program, you can gain the skills you need to pursue a career as a financial analyst or Christian financial advisor. You will take foundational courses that explore a variety of business topics, including financial accounting, business law, marketing, management, international business, organizational ethics, and strategic planning.
Our financial planning concentration can help you gain specialized skills and equip you to work toward your unique career goals. You will receive targeted training in taxation, retirement planning, investments, risk management, and estate planning. You’ll also learn how to provide valuable financial advice to businesses and individuals as you prepare for a career in business administration and finance.
Learn how to offer financial services to a variety of clients. Our financial planning capstone course can help you synthesize what you’ve learned and apply it to the real world. In this final class, you’ll create a financial plan for a case study client and thus gain practical training that can help you graduate career-ready.
- ACCT 401 – Taxation I
- BUSI 352 – Financial and Retirement Planning
- BUSI 354 – Estate Planning
- BUSI 420 – Investments
B.S. in Business Administration – Financial Planning Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our bachelor’s in financial planning degree program.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Financial Planning Online College Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Degree in Financial Planning?
Our BSBA in Financial Planning can help you pursue a variety of job opportunities in the world of business and finance. You could help nonprofits create effective financial plans or assist individuals with managing their personal capital. Some of the roles you may qualify for after completing this program include:
- Financial analyst
- Investment banker
- Management consultant
- Personal financial planner
Highlights of Our Online Financial Planner Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online BSBA in Financial Planning degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Liberty University’s financial planning college program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Having an ACBSP-accredited degree may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- You could earn additional academic credit for relevant life experience.
- Our financial planning courses online are only 8 weeks long, with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times!
- Our B.S. in Business Administration serves as an excellent stepping stone toward earning either a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or a Master of Arts in Executive Leadership, both of which are offered online through Liberty.
Admission Requirements for Liberty University’s Business and Financial Planning Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.