Help Companies Make Data-Driven Decisions with a Bachelor’s Degree in Analytics and Business Administration
Are you interested in pairing technology and data analysis skills with your business career? Do you want to stand out and land a rewarding job in today’s technologically advanced marketplace? At Liberty, we have designed our 100% online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Data Analytics degree to help you do just that!
Becoming an industry leader in the ever-evolving field of data analytics requires a solid understanding of the power of data in informing high-quality decision-making. Our online data analytics classes can help equip you with a business degree that focuses on meeting the needs of today’s organizations.
Our program blends courses found in both a data analytics bachelor’s degree and a business administration degree to help prepare you for a successful career. In addition, our faculty teach from a biblical worldview to help fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ. An online bachelor’s degree in business analytics is a great next step to take toward pursuing a career in business or data science!
Partner with us and explore the evolving world of data and information while developing a strong foundation in the functional areas of business. Your interest in business administration and technology can be fused into a career you’ll love. Apply today and get the knowledge you need to pursue roles in business intelligence, data analysis, quality assurance, decision support, and more.
What is data analytics? How is it related to business?
Data analytics involves collecting data and making sense of it in order to understand what a company is doing well and where it needs to improve. For instance, an organization might analyze data from online sales and website traffic to figure out how to better connect with consumers digitally. Data analytics plays a critical role in business because it allows organizations to base their goals, strategies, and decisions on concrete, real-world factors and produce tangible results.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Business Administration and Data Analytics Bachelor’s Degree?
There is a growing need for business professionals to develop technological and analytical skills in order to compete in an increasingly data-driven marketplace. Analysts and managers alike are expected to think critically and make important decisions utilizing the vast amount of data available.
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for management analysts is expected to grow 14% from 2020 to 2030 – faster than the average for all occupations.* Management analysts play a vital role in helping organizations improve their efficiency. With a business and data analytics undergraduate degree from Liberty, you can become equipped to pursue tremendous job opportunities.
Our courses are taught by professors who have years of real-world experience. Additionally, Liberty is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – so you can be confident that you are receiving a world-class education.
At Liberty, you don’t have to put your life on hold to finish your degree. Our bachelor’s in business and data analytics degree program is offered 100% online with 8-week courses and no set login times. That means you’ll have the flexibility you need to stay invested in your job, family, and community while taking the next step toward achieving your career goals.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Management Analysts (viewed online March 25, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to complete a BSBA bachelor’s degree in analytics?
Your completion time will depend on several factors, such as your number of transfer credits, your success in each course, and how many classes you take each semester.
In general, most students are able to complete the BSBA in Data Analytics degree program in about 3.5 years – faster than a typical on-campus program! Liberty offers a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
How will earning a bachelor’s in business administration impact my salary?
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), professionals who held a bachelor’s degree in 2020 earned approximately 67% more than those whose highest level of education was high school.* By pursuing a bachelor’s degree, you’re making a valuable investment that can pay off for years to come.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online March 25, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
When can I start my bachelor’s degree in analytics and business administration?
Liberty’s online programs have 8 different start dates per year, so you can start pursuing your degree as soon as possible!
To get started, you’ll need to be sure you meet our admission requirements and submit all necessary documentation. We accept applications on a rolling admission basis, so all applications will be considered as they are received. If you’re accepted into the program, we can help you register for your first set of courses and walk you through the Financial Check-In process.
For more details about applying to Liberty, check out our admission process page!
Is an online data analytics degree respected?
Like many students, you may be wondering whether an online analytics degree offers the same rigor and credibility as an on-campus program. At Liberty, you can be confident that the degree you earn will be of the highest quality.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) – and our commitment to excellence helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. When you pursue your BSBA in Data Analytics degree online with us, you can rest assured that you’re receiving an education of the highest caliber.
What is the best degree to pursue after a BSBA?
Depending on your interests and goals, you may decide that a bachelor’s degree is the final step you need to take in your educational journey – or you may find that continuing your studies at the graduate level can help open up additional doors of opportunity and enable you to go further in your career.
If you decide to pursue a master’s degree after earning your BS in Business Administration, Liberty has options! One popular path for BSBA graduates is the Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree program, which can build on your undergraduate studies to help prepare you for new opportunities in business.
If you have a passion for data analytics, chances are you are very tech-oriented. If so, our Master of Science in Information Systems or Master of Science in Information Technology may be right for you.
We also offer a variety of other business master’s programs, ranging from accounting and finance to sports management and healthcare administration.
Interested in completing a master’s degree outside the field of business? Liberty offers numerous graduate programs in many different fields – so you can pick the program that’s best for you. Visit our online master’s programs page to see all your options!
What Will You Learn in Our Online Bachelor’s Degree in Data Analytics and Business Administration?
Our business administration and data analytics bachelor’s degree online is designed to help you apply effective business practices in an ethical manner. This degree includes core business courses as well as specialized courses focusing on data analytics. The core classes provide well-rounded training in pivotal business topics such as accounting, business law, international business, and marketing principles.
Other topics of study in the core courses include:
- Corporate finance
- Financial statement analysis
- Human resource management
- Organizational ethics
- Principles of management
- Strategic planning
Within the data analytics specialization, you can learn how to evaluate business environments and use data to help companies accomplish important objectives. You’ll also explore how to develop appropriate business strategies, policies, and solutions for sustainable competitive advantage.
Some of the major topics explored in this specialization include:
- Business analytics, with an emphasis on descriptive-analytical techniques and theory
- Collecting data and discovering data patterns
- Extracting meaning from Structured Query Language and data modeling for decision-making
- Methods of data collection and its impact and variation in a business setting
- Prescriptive and predictive analytics
- Real-world context analyses utilizing data sets and case studies
- Selecting appropriate forecasting techniques
- Time series and regression forecasting techniques
By combining your knowledge of effective business practices with practical methods for data analysis, you can help organizations of all sizes improve their decision-making processes.
- BUSI 333 – Business Analytics I
- BUSI 341 – Database Concepts for Analytics
- BUSI 405 – Business and Economic Forecasting
- BUSI 454 – Practical Analytics
Highlights of Our BSBA – Online Data Analytics Degree Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online analytics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Find out how you can earn potential college credit and finish your degree faster with our Experience Plus program.
- You’ll have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s online library search portal while you pursue your BS in Business Administration with a data analytics concentration.
BSBA in Data Analytics Degree Online Information
- This online degree in data analytics falls under our School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for the BS in Business Administration – Data Analytics
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Potential Careers with a BSBA in Data Analytics Online Degree
- Analytics consultant
- Business analyst
- Business consultant
- Business intelligence manager
- Data analyst
- Data quality analyst
- Database analyst
- Decision support analyst
- Operations analyst
- Reports analyst
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Business Data Analytics Degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.