Advance Your Career with an Online Business Communications Degree
Strong communication skills are necessary to succeed in any career – especially within the ever-growing field of business. Companies across all industries need professionals who understand how to handle finances and business operations and communicate well in speech and writing with management, colleagues, and the public.
With Liberty University’s online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) – Communications, you can enhance your communication, business, and leadership skills and prepare for success in the competitive business industry. By enriching your knowledge of communication strategies and business practices, our program can give you a leg up in the professional world.
Are you interested in a rewarding, fast-paced career that lets you bring people together and lead your company to success? If so, a business communications degree is a great next step to take in your academic journey. Our BSBA program will give you insight into the consumer mindset as you become an expert in time management, teamwork, research, organization, and critical thinking.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online BSBA in Communications Program?
Dedicated Faculty | Our BSBA classes are taught by faculty who have years of experience in the business industry. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they can foster your professional development and equip you with tools that will help you stand out to employers. With their guidance, you can prepare for an exciting career in a wide variety of fields, including marketing, public relations, or human resources.
Flexibility | At Liberty, our goal is to help you achieve your academic goals in a way that fits your schedule and lifestyle. That’s why we’ve designed our business communications degree to be completely online. With this format, you can pursue a higher education without putting your life on hold. You’ll be able to complete your classes while still investing in your family, job, and community.
Professional Ethics | What sets Liberty apart from other schools that offer business degrees? We won’t just teach you on-the-job skills and help you prepare for a future job – we can also help you grow spiritually and equip you to live out your faith in the workplace. We are dedicated to Training Champions for Christ, so your business classes will be taught from a biblical worldview. That way, you can learn how to integrate biblical principles with industry best practices.
Program Accreditation | Liberty’s online BSBA program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). This credential demonstrates our commitment to teaching excellence and to offering an education that prepares you for the real world. With an accredited business administration degree from Liberty, you can be confident in your knowledge and skills as you enter the competitive business industry.
What Will You Learn in Our Business Communications Degree Program?
Our BSBA in Communications teaches both fundamental business skills and strategies for effective communication. Your business classes will cover a wide range of topics like financial accounting, business law, corporate finance, organizational ethics, and human resource management. Under the guidance of our seasoned faculty, you can prepare to serve as an ethical industry leader in small business environments, corporate arenas, or the global market.
For the online communications cognate, you’ll take several courses that can enhance your verbal and written communications skills. For instance, in our media writing class, you will practice basic storytelling techniques and learn how to reach your target audience through strong written copy. You will also explore the fundamentals of modern mass communication and how to use digital communication to create targeted messaging, persuade audiences, and establish positive relationships with consumers.
After completing this degree, you’ll have a working knowledge of how to write news stories, produce copy for broadcast, and create an advertising package. You’ll also receive valuable experience in carrying out marketing campaigns via the web and social media. With the skills you’ll gain in Liberty’s BSBA program, you can expand your career opportunities and lead with excellence in the business field.
Featured Courses in the Business Communications Degree
- JOUR 225 – Media Writing
- SCOM 110 – Media and Culture
- STCO 307 – Strategic Communication
- STCO 356 – Digital/Social/Mobile Marketing
Online BSBA in Communications Degree Information
- The bachelor’s in business communications program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s B.S. in Business Administration – Communications.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Business Management and Communications Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
What Can You Do with a Business Communications Bachelor’s Degree?
Our BSBA in Communications can prepare you to lead with confidence in many areas of business. After completing this degree, some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Advertising and public relations
- Business marketing
- Communications management
- Corporate communications
- Event management
Highlights of Our Business Communications Degree Online
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online BSBA in Communications degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our BSBA is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Having a degree accredited by ACBSP may give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- Our B.S. in Business Administration is an excellent stepping-stone toward earning a Master of Business Administration, which is also offered online through Liberty.
- As an online student at Liberty, you can access a wide variety of resources through our research portal.
Admissions Requirements for Liberty’s Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.