Launch a Career in Technology with an Information Systems Associate Degree
Do you want to work in the tech industry? Are you passionate about using computers to solve real-world problems? Do you love bringing people together in the pursuit of a common goal?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, then a career in information systems (IS) may be right for you! IS professionals play a vital role in the workplace — they support business operations by designing, implementing, and managing information systems. Organizations around the world rely on information systems to handle a variety of tasks, such as interacting with customers, processing financial data, managing human resources, and providing digital goods and services.
Among only 3% of business schools worldwide to receive ACBSP accreditation
Liberty University’s Associate of Arts in Information Systems will help you launch a successful, rewarding career as an IS professional. Throughout this program, you’ll learn how to better manage both people and computer systems to meet business goals. Partner with us and earn a degree that bolsters your technical, interpersonal, and business management skills.
What’s the Difference Between Information Systems (IS) and Information Technology (IT)?
IS and IT degrees are similar but will prepare you for different career paths. A degree in IT is more technical and explores how computer systems store, retrieve, and process information. In contrast, an IS degree provides a broader look at how technology and people interact in the workplace. In other words, IT focuses on the development of computer information systems — while IS involves the holistic management of technology, people, and business processes.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Online Degree in Information Systems?
Real-World Training | As pioneers in online learning, we are committed to preparing students like you to enter the job market with skill and confidence. At Liberty, you won’t just learn from a textbook — you’ll gain practical skills that can boost your résumé and help you stand out to employers. You can be confident that the training you receive will equip you for success in a variety of career paths.
Flexibility | You want to pursue a college degree — but maybe you worry that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities. That’s where our programs come in. Our associate in information systems is offered entirely online, allowing you to complete your courses from the comfort of your home. You can stay invested in your family, job, and community while earning a degree that can help jumpstart your career.
Dedicated Faculty | In this associate program, you’ll learn from professors who have years of experience working in the tech industry and business world. Drawing on what they have learned in their own careers, they’ll provide you with top-notch instruction that prepares you to lead with excellence and integrity in the workplace. Our faculty are committed to helping you reach your full potential in your personal, academic, and professional life.
Christian Education | At Liberty, we won’t just help you get a degree — we’ll also equip you to follow God’s calling on your life and to serve as an effective witness in the workplace. We are dedicated to Training Champions for Christ, which is why all of our courses are taught from a biblical worldview. Join us and receive an education that bolsters your spiritual and academic growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Computer Information Systems Associate Degree Program?
Learn how to use technology to meet the needs of organizations.
In this program, you won’t just explore the technical aspects of software engineering — you’ll also strengthen your leadership and problem-solving skills and gain a working knowledge of the business sector. You can then use your computer skills to solve complex business problems.
This degree offers a mix of computer science, business, and economics courses. You’ll learn how to make business decisions using statistics and data networks. You’ll also explore practical ways to manage and lead people within your organization. Additionally, this program covers many aspects of computer science and information systems, including networking, programming, web design, and telecommunications.
By the time you finish this associate’s degree in information systems, you won’t just have technical skills — you’ll also grasp the fundamentals of business management. You can combine your diverse skills to accomplish one goal: designing and overseeing information systems that help your company grow and succeed.
- BUSI 301 – Business Law
- CSIS 208 – Application Programming
- CSIS 325 – Database Management Systems
- CSIS 330 – Business Data Communication Systems
A.A. in Information Systems Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Business.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for Liberty’s online information systems degree.
- View the Undergraduate Business Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Information Systems Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
Highlights of Our Online Information Systems Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online A.A. in Information Systems degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our information systems program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). Our School of Business is among only 3% of business schools worldwide to earn ACBSP accreditation and having an ACBSP-accredited degree can give you a competitive advantage in the job market and help you stand out to employers.
- Earning this associate degree in computer information systems can pave the way for you to continue your education through Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Information Systems.
- The courses in this program are only 8-weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- While completing this computer information systems (CIS) degree, you’ll get to network with technology students and professionals from across the country.
- As an online Liberty student, you can access a wide variety of resources through our top-notch research portal.
Management Information Systems Associate Degree – Job Opportunities
Earning an A.A. in Information Systems can prepare you for a wide variety of career paths. After completing this computer information systems degree, some jobs you may qualify for include:
- Application analyst
- Computer support specialist
- Cybersecurity analyst
- Database administrator
- Information systems manager
- Systems analyst
- Web developer
A.A. in Information Systems Admission Requirements
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.