Why Choose Liberty’s Online Master of Arts in Public History?
Liberty’s Master of Arts (MA) in Public History can help you gain an advanced understanding of how to share history with other people. We understand that you can’t put your life on hold to pursue an education – which is why this degree is offered 100% online in 8-week courses with no set login times and no required intensives. That way, you can pursue your degree while remaining committed to the things that matter most – like your job, family, and community.
Our online public history master’s program is designed to help you pursue several career paths in museums, national parks, or other settings that allow you to study, celebrate, and preserve history. By partnering with Liberty for your MA in Public History, you can earn a career-enhancing credential and pursue an exciting role in an area you’re passionate about.
Online Master of Arts in Public History Admission Requirements
- Apply online or call an Admissions Counselor at (800) 424-9596.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Fax/scan unofficial college transcripts. Please note: Unofficial transcripts can be used for acceptance purposes with the submission of a transcript request form.
- Mail official college transcripts (sent as sealed, unopened copies or via a direct electronic transcript system). A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with at least a 3.0 GPA is required for admission in good standing. Applicants who have earned a master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution will be assessed on the basis of the master’s-level degree work.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your master’s degree after the last day of class for your bachelor’s degree.
- Submit an official/unofficial transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcripts must show a minimum of 105 completed credit hours.
- If you are a current Liberty University student completing your undergraduate degree, you will need to submit a Degree/Certificate Completion Application.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date on it by the end of your first semester of enrollment.
Please see the Online Dual Enrollment page for information about starting graduate courses while finishing your bachelor’s degree.
Unofficial College Transcript Policy
Unofficial transcripts combined with a Transcript Request Form can be used for admission. Official transcripts are required within 60 days of acceptance and will prevent enrollment into future terms until all official transcripts have been received.
Before sending unofficial college transcripts, please make sure they include the following:
- Your previous school’s name or logo printed on the document
- Cumulative GPA
- A list of completed courses and earned credit broken down by semester
- Degree and date conferred (if applicable)
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript must be issued directly from the institution in a sealed envelope with a signature across the back. If you have one in your possession, it must meet the same requirements.
Official college transcripts are not required initially for acceptance if unofficial transcripts are provided; however, if the student uses unofficial transcripts to earn acceptance, all official transcripts must be received within 60 days of the admissions decision. Failure to send all official transcripts within the 60-day time frame will prevent registration.
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to the Master of Arts in Public History