Combine Studies in Professional Writing with Fundraising for Organizations with Liberty’s Online MAPW Degree in Research Administration and Sponsored Programs
Do you have a passion for the written word? Perhaps writing has always been of particular interest to you, and you’d like to turn your writing acumen into a career. If this sounds like you, Liberty University’s 100% online Master of Arts in Professional Writing (MAPW) – Research Administration and Sponsored Programs may be a great fit for you. This degree program blends studies in writing with practical business applications, which can help you become a more marketable job candidate.
By partnering with us for your online professional writing degree in research administration and sponsored programs, you can learn a variety of useful concepts and strengthen skills that you already have. Our online writing degree in research administration and sponsored programs is backed by decades of experience in distance education, a brick-and-mortar campus, and a cadre of expert professors who are dedicated to your success.
Don’t choose just any university for your online writing degree – choose a university with your best interest at heart. By partnering with Liberty, you can gain valuable knowledge, learn new skills, and take your career to new heights.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Writing – Research Administration and Sponsored Programs Degree?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to design a flexible, affordable online degree program that will challenge you to grow while respecting your personal commitments to your job, family, and community. Our 100% online writing master’s program is offered in 8-week course sections with no set login times and no required intensives – allowing you to further your education from the comfort of home.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, writers and authors earned a median salary of $69,510 in 2021.* Demand for this profession is projected to grow 9% by 2030 – which is as fast as the national average.* Earning your online master’s degree in writing – research administration and sponsored programs could be your ticket to a well-paying, rewarding career.
Another benefit to this degree program is the versatility it brings you as a job candidate. A writing degree is translatable across several professions – corporate communications, public relations, marketing, and of course, writing itself. While some degree programs are niche in focus, this online writing degree is broad – empowering you to pursue employment opportunities in several areas.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Writers and Authors (viewed online April 20, 2022). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Professional Writing and Research Degree?
This online master of arts in writing – research and sponsored programs is made up of 3 sections: core courses, research administration courses, and thesis or elective courses.
In the core courses, you will study editing and publishing, theory and practice of writing as cultural engagement, and workplace writing. You will also study research methods, professional writing in the disciplines, and grant writing. A course in technical writing rounds out the core section of our online writing degree.
From there, this degree explores research administration and sponsored programs, grant evaluation and supervision, and contracts for sponsored programs. After completion of studies in research, the degree program moves into the final section: thesis or elective courses. Here, you have the opportunity to choose between completing a thesis or completing 2 elective courses. A thesis can help prepare you for doctoral-level work, while electives allow you to tailor your degree to your unique passions and interests.
- RASP 500 – Research Administration and Sponsored Programs
- RASP 602 – Grant Evaluation and Supervision
- RASP 630 – Contracts for Sponsored Programs
- WRIT 502 – Professional Writing in the Disciplines
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our Master of Arts in Professional Writing Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- Customize your degree plan with industry-specific electives while studying essential core content that provides practical, effective training for your career.
- Choose to demonstrate your knowledge through a final research thesis project or broaden your experience with 2 additional electives in your field of choice.
- You can complete the online master’s degree in professional writing in as little as 1.5 years.
Master’s in Professional Writing Program Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Students may complete a final thesis project or choose 2 additional electives.
Online Master’s Degree in Professional Writing Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Options with a Master’s in Professional Writing
- Business writing
- Grant writing
- Professional writing
- Promotional writing
- Publishing and editing
- Technical writing
Admission Requirements for Our Online Professional Writing Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Statement of Purpose
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.