Use Liberty’s MS in GIS – Commercial Logistics to Help Companies Grow Through Transportation and Warehousing
Learn about spatial information and commercial logistics with Liberty’s Master of Science (MS) in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) – Commercial Logistics. Our 100% online master’s program provides an opportunity for you to explore the dynamic world of GIS technologies and their applications in the commercial logistics industry. As a student, you can acquire a comprehensive understanding of geographic data analysis, supply chain management, transport geography, and GIS logistics.
Nearly every item produced today is tracked through GIS for efficient production and distribution to local storefronts. With our online GIS program, you can develop the skills needed to help transportation companies, the military, and major corporations move products within the marketplace.
Harnessing the power of GIS for commercial logistics, you can study and tackle critical challenges in supply chain management, transportation, and warehousing for commercial entities. As a graduate of the online master’s in GIS – commercial logistics, you can be equipped to effectively integrate spatial and temporal aspects of logistics, improving the efficiency, sustainability, and competitiveness of businesses. Partner with us and dive deep into case studies, fieldwork, and cutting-edge research projects that can hone your skills and prepare you for an influential role in a high-demand sector.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
What Is GIS?
Many of us have heard the term “GIS” but don’t know exactly what it means. A geographic information system (GIS) is a system that creates, manages, analyzes, and maps all types of data. This system has multiple uses. It can identify problems, help set priorities, or help authorities manage and respond to events such as hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, and fires. It also has many practical applications for carrying out disaster management and planning housing districts while accounting for potential problems related to geography. These days, the automotive industry is even using GIS to help cars drive more safely.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in GIS – Commercial Logistics Degree?
With Liberty University’s 100% online MS in Geographic Information Systems – Commercial Logistics, you can gain a unique blend of theoretical knowledge and practical skills in GIS technologies, which can help prepare you for high-paying jobs in various sectors. In this realm, you may find yourself helping organizations grow, serving customers more efficiently, and bringing about a positive influence in your chosen field.
Liberty University holds accreditation from the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This recognition ensures that your master’s degree in GIS – commercial logistics carries the weight and respect of a high-quality educational institution, making your journey at Liberty not just a college experience but a gateway to multiple potential career paths upon graduation.
As a student at Liberty University, not only can you trust that you are receiving a top-notch education – you can also be confident that your curriculum is grounded in a biblical worldview. Each course is taught by highly trained faculty. Additionally, this program’s 100% online format gives you the flexibility and convenience of earning your degree on your schedule.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in GIS – Commercial Logistics Degree?
Liberty University’s master’s in GIS – commercial logistics degree offers you a unique perspective on the application of GIS in various fields, specifically commercial logistics. You can explore cartography and geographic visualization, giving you an understanding of the theories and techniques used to represent spatial information visually.
You can also learn about spatial statistics, gain insights into the application of statistical techniques to geographic phenomena, and further enrich your statistical and analytical skills by exploring how to model spatial processes. As a student in the online GIS master’s program, you can also learn about the application of GIS in understanding and addressing environmental issues, urban planning, disaster management, and much more.
Our specialization in commercial logistics offers a distinct perspective on GIS for transportation and logistics. You can learn how GIS technology contributes to the efficiency of transport systems and logistical operations to help move products. You can also gain insight into supply chain management techniques and practices as well as explore the latest developments in the systems used to transport people, goods, and information.
Lastly, Liberty University’s GIS – commercial logistics online master’s degree offers you an opportunity to garner a comprehensive understanding of the diverse aspects of GIS through an internship, which can help shape you into a proficient and well-rounded GIS specialist.
- BUSI 613 – Supply Chain Management
- GEOG 630 – Transport Geography
- GEOG 631 – GIS for Transportation and Logistics*
- GEOG 642 – GIS for Disaster Management
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our MS in GIS – Commercial Logistics Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- Our Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems – Commercial Logistics is a 100% online program, giving you the flexibility to complete your degree while also balancing your other commitments.
Master’s in GIS – Commercial Logistics Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Graduate Programs
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for MS in Geographic Information Systems – Commercial Logistics Graduates
- Distribution engineer
- Distribution planning manager
- Traffic technician
- Transportation, storage, and distribution manager
- Urban and regional planner
Admission Requirements for Our Graduate MS in GIS – Commercial Logistics Online Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.