Help Fans Follow the Latest Trends with a Fashion Writing Degree
The fashion industry moves fast, changing trends quickly as new ideas enter the scene. Fashion fans and businesses need help keeping track of the latest products and new lines. Liberty University’s 100% online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising – Fashion Writing can help you gain the background, skills, and business knowledge you need to report on the fashion industry and bring your ideas to the fans.
With a fashion writing degree in fashion merchandising, you can connect with audiences through fashion blogs, articles, and social media. You can critique new trends and report on the biggest stories of the season, all while developing your own designs and business. With the skills you learn in this degree, you can build your platform through a blog and social media presence. You can use your expertise as a fashion critic to work as a merchandiser or manager in high fashion stores and boutiques. Or you could even write for some of the most prominent magazines and sites in the industry.
The fashion industry needs people like you who are excited and passionate about the field. With hands-on experience in your entrepreneurial internship, you can apply what you learn to the real world of fashion journalism. Our degree in fashion merchandising can help you obtain all the skills you need to be a successful fashion professional.
*Some exclusions apply. Please refer to our exclusions page for more information.
Why Choose Liberty’s Fashion Merchandising Degree?
When you choose to earn your degree from Liberty University, you’ll be studying with confidence. You’ll know that you’re getting real-life experience, courses that meet accreditation requirements, and professional faculty members who partner with you for success. With the fashion writing, business, and marketing skills you’ll learn in this degree, you can do more than just design fashion products – you can help fashion fans and industry professionals understand the latest happenings.
Our professors are professionals in the fashion field with years of experience and degrees in related areas. They’re excited about the opportunity to mentor, guide, and teach you throughout your academic journey.
Plus, with our flexible online format, you can earn your degree without having to come to a physical campus. But studying online doesn’t mean losing in-person training. In this degree, you’ll complete an internship in your area that will give you the real-world experience you need to be career-ready upon graduation so you can enter your profession confidently.
What Will You Learn in Our Fashion Writing Degree?
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in fashion merchandising – fashion writing provides the training you need to help you succeed in a career as a fashion journalist and business professional. You will take foundational courses essential to understanding the basics of fashion and the business and management side of the industry.
Building on this fashion business foundation, you will also study journalism and social media so that you can use your knowledge to communicate effectively. With a specialized study in fashion history and fashion writing, you can learn how to be a digital entrepreneur in the fashion industry.
With the required internship and capstone at the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and demonstrate your expertise. These courses will help establish you as an expert and give you the background you need to break into the fashion writing industry.
- HIST 309 – Historic Fashion and Design
- JOUR 225 – Media Writing
- JOUR 356 – Social Media Writing
- WRIT 405 – Fashion Writing*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our B.S. in Fashion Merchandising – Fashion Writing
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online fashion writing degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Tuition for all undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs has not increased in 9 years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- Gain hands-on experience and potential job opportunities through a required fashion writing internship.
- Show your skills and impress future employers with your capstone project.
Fashion Merchandising Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Fashion Writing Graduates
- Boutique entrepreneur
- Fashion blogger
- Fashion journalist
- Fashion product influencer
- Fashion retail manager
Online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admission-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.