Make Your Mark in the Fashion Industry with Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Fashion Merchandising
Do you want to reach the fashion industry with your creative ideas? At Liberty University, you can earn your Bachelor of Science in Fashion Merchandising degree online to get the knowledge, skills, and experience you need to start your career in the world of fashion.
With a degree in fashion merchandising, you can develop your creative skills while gaining the practical tools needed to shine in this competitive industry. With the expertise you gain in this degree, you can use your expertise to work as a merchandiser or manager in high fashion stores and boutiques. You can help businesses give their customers the most exciting, cutting-edge products. Or you could even be a stylist for high-end clientele like celebrities and politicians. The possibilities are endless.
The fashion industry needs people like you who are excited and passionate about the field. Our degree in fashion merchandising can help you obtain all the tools you need to be a successful fashion professional.
Why Choose Liberty University’s Fashion Merchandising Degree?
When you choose to earn your degree from Liberty University, you’ll be studying with confidence. You’ll know that you’re getting real-life experience, courses that meet accreditation requirements, and professional faculty members who partner with you for success. With the merchandising, marketing, and fashion skills you’ll learn in this degree, you can do more than just design fashion products – you can help get these creative products into the hands of avid consumers.
Our professors are professionals in the fashion field with years of experience and degrees in related areas. They’re excited about the opportunity to mentor, guide, and teach you throughout your academic journey with us.
Plus, with our flexible online fashion merchandising degree, you can learn the skills you need without commuting to a physical campus. But studying online doesn’t mean losing in-person training. In this degree, you’ll complete an internship in your area that will give you the real-world experience you need to be career-ready upon graduation. With a flexible course format and hands-on experience, you will be ready to enter the field with confidence.
What Will You Learn in Our Fashion Merchandising Degree?
Liberty’s fashion merchandising online courses provide the training you need for success in a fashion merchandising career. You will take foundational courses that are essential to understanding the basics of fashion as well as the business and management side of the industry.
Through this program, you will study fashion design, practical family and consumer science, and general education content. You will also gain a foundation in business that can help you succeed in the fashion industry. You’ll learn about marketing, economics, and psychology in the fashion industry. You’ll also take courses that teach you how to use software and tools needed for design.
With the required internship and capstone at the end of the program, you will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience and demonstrate your expertise. These courses will help establish you as an expert and give you the background you need to break into the fashion industry.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- FACS 243 – Digital Drafting*
- FACS 301 – Elements of Fabric*
- FACS 303 – Fashion Industries and Markets*
- FACS 353 – Retail Merchandising*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Fashion Merchandising Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Gain hands-on experience and potential job opportunities through a required fashion merchandising internship.
- Show your skills and impress future employers with your capstone project.
Fashion Merchandising Degree Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Sciences Course Guides (login required).
Career Opportunities for Fashion Merchandising Graduates
- Retail manager
- Sales representative
- Visual display specialist
Online B.S. in Fashion Merchandising Degree Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Online Undergraduate Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.