Explore the Past with Liberty’s Online History Degree
Liberty University’s online bachelor’s degree in history immerses you in an in-depth investigation of human society and events of the past, equipping you to uncover the decisions and motivations of figures and peoples and use the lessons of those events to better our future. Our online history degree is designed to train you to engage with a well-rounded survey of global history through a variety of insightful perspectives and presentations. You will explore various periods in American, European, and Western history by observing economic trends, political actions, wars, and public perception.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s Degree in History?
Liberty University provides a 100% online history degree that gives you the flexibility you need to fit your studies into your life. While completing the bachelor’s degree in history online, you will study crucial foundational research and analysis skills that will train you to be a responsible curator of historical perspectives of original documents. In our online history degree, you will learn many of the core skills for a career as a data analyst or intelligence analyst, all while studying fascinating periods in history.
You will also dig deep into fascinating historical periods that shaped the world we live in today and will learn how to identify modern perspectives and appreciate events with informed insight.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Our Online History Degree?
- Pursuing the Bachelor of Science in History will provide you with a well-rounded education in U.S. and world history, which can be a foundation for a future career in teaching or research.
- Do you have a military service background? All of Liberty University’s online programs offer military-friendly transfer policies and benefits, but the B.S. in History also provides fascinating courses in military history, including ancient history, civil war, and modern conflicts.
What Will You Learn in the Online History Degree?
Liberty University’s online bachelor’s degree in history is designed to prepare students with practical, analytical, and research skills, as well as a comprehensive understanding of historical figures, places, and events, and gives an opportunity for students to select specialized areas of history. All online history students take courses such as Historical Methodology and Geography for critical context and research skills and essential survey courses in western civilization and American history for the critical context of world events.
Students then choose European, world, and U.S. history topic-specific electives and can further specialize in additional history and general electives. Our online history degree course content allows you to explore many cultures and time periods and then focus on the topics that interest you most, while still providing flexibility to pursue other courses useful for your career.
Online History Degree Featured Courses
- GEOG 200 – Geography
- HIEU 201 – History of Western Civilization
- HIST 300 – Historical Methodology
- HIUS 221 – Survey of American History
Bachelor’s Degree in History Information
- This program falls under the College of Arts and Sciences.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Arts and Science Course Guides (login required).
Bachelor’s Degree in History Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour)
- An additional discount is available for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- College credit for military training.
Potential Career Options for Online History Degree Graduates
- History teacher
- History instructor
- Museum director
- Intelligence analyst
- Data analyst
- Government policy advisor
Students considering a humanities-focused degree often wonder what they can do with an online history degree. Even if you thoroughly enjoy studying history, practical students will want to know about jobs for history majors. Students will find many opportunities in academic studies, opening options in graduate studies to further specialize in historical expertise, or to become a teacher. Liberty University’s online bachelor’s degree in history gives you a balanced, practical analytical skill set that will make you a competent historian, but these skills will also apply to many other industries that need detail-oriented and consistent researchers.
Graduates with our bachelor’s degree in history may also be able to find job opportunities as a data analyst or intelligence analyst in business and government roles. The broad, pattern-focused perspectives provided by studies in the online history degree also makes students very useful historical policy advisors, bringing a much-needed understanding of policy successes from the past to current-day legislative challenges. Liberty University’s online history degree is a flexible and marketable degree that provides many rewarding career options without limiting students to teaching or becoming an academic.
Admission Requirements for the B.S. in History
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Our Online History Degree
- By earning your bachelor’s degree in history from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Learn from experienced historians with profound academic insights into fascinating periods of the past in our online history degree.
- Gain hands-on experience with researching source documents and gleaning essential perspectives from events and people.
- Customize your degree plan with electives to broaden your skill set or become an expert in a specialized field.
- Take advantage of up to 90 transfer credits from previous college courses, work-related training, or military experience to finish your degree faster and focus on historical studies.