Become a Leader in Aviation with a Master of Science in Aeronautics
Do you want to take your aviation career to new heights? With advanced skills in aviation management through Liberty’s online M.S. in Aeronautics, you can become a leader in the field. With your experience enhanced by specialized training, you can stand out as a problem solver and expert with the tools you need to help aeronautics organizations thrive.
In your Master of Science in Aeronautics, you will study under our faculty of seasoned professionals who have years of real-world aviation experience. You will explore advanced techniques and cutting-edge technology that can help you apply your flight training and experience to new challenges in aviation.
With our mission to Train Champions for Christ, we have based all the courses within our School of Aeronautics on biblical principles, so you can be prepared to act with excellence and integrity in all you do. Our students have a reputation as honest hard workers who are well-trained in their field. As a result, our graduates are highly sought after by employers. When you partner with us, you can be confident that we will give you the foundation you need to become a respected, innovative industry leader.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Aeronautics Program?
Earning your master’s degree in aeronautics means that you are moving beyond the training and study of your peers. You are preparing yourself to bring a new level of confident understanding and higher-order thinking to the field of aviation and will demonstrate your competence to lead. You will gain new advanced skills and knowledge in aviation safety, management, and leadership while positioning yourself for rewarding roles in companies and organizations that desire qualified aviation professionals.
Liberty’s M.S. in Aeronautics is designed to give you a practical course of study that expands on your flight and aviation knowledge so you can learn how to manage operations and personnel in an aviation organization. You will learn new skills that can help you advance your career as well as train ethical and competent pilots. With these skills, you can also pursue roles in aviation education, which require advanced training and studies beyond the bachelor’s level.
Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Our School of Aeronautics has won the Loening Trophy, one of the rarest and oldest collegiate aviation awards for being the outstanding all-around collegiate aviation program in the nation. Your education from Liberty University can help you stand out in the field.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Aeronautics Online Degree?
Earning a Master of Science in Aeronautics will provide you with a well-rounded understanding of the aviation industry and leadership. You’ll dive into courses in aviation safety and leadership to prepare for the ever-changing aeronautics field. Throughout our master’s in aeronautics program, you will expand on your previous flight and aviation safety training. You will study the structure of aviation organizations, aviation law, and ethical leadership. Finally, you will complete a practical capstone project that will demonstrate your knowledge and help establish you as an expert in aviation.
- AVIA 505 – Aviation Context and Foundations*
- AVIA 535 – Developing Aviation Leaders*
- AVIA 542 – Advanced Aviation Teaching and Learning Strategies*
- AVIA 571 – Safety Fundamentals in Aeronautics*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Master of Science in Aeronautics
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online aeronautics degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Complete an aeronautics capstone project to demonstrate how your industry-specific skills can solve real-world problems.
- You could complete the Master of Science in Aeronautics – General in as little as 1.5 years!
Master of Science in Aeronautics – General
- This program falls under the School of Aeronautics.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Aeronautics Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.S. in Aeronautics Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Aeronautics Online Graduates
- Aircraft manufacturer manager
- Airline safety program manager
- Airport manager
- Aviation education administrator
- Aviation regulations consultant
- Aviation trainer/educator
- Aviation training services course developer
- FAA safety inspector
- Military senior leadership
Admission Requirements for the Online Graduate Programs
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.