Learn to Deal with the Unique Issues Found in Aviation Organizations
Leadership comes with many challenges. As a leader in the aviation industry, you know that you need special knowledge and training to successfully guide your organization and subordinates. Liberty University’s Master of Science in Aeronautics – Aviation Leadership can give you the special training you need to be the steady hand at the helm of your organization.
Learn how to attain higher-level leadership roles in the aerospace industry from professors who have years of professional pilot and managerial experience in the aviation field. Whether you are already in a leadership position, or you are a military officer who seeks to fulfill your requirements for professional development, this degree is for you. Combine your experience with the skills taught by experts in the field so you can achieve more.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master of Science in Aeronautics – Leadership Program?
Choosing where to pursue your master’s degree is an important decision, and it’s more than simply selecting a school and a program. You want a program that will allow you to be confident and qualified upon graduation. We have designed our M.S. in Aeronautics – Aviation Leadership to focus on identity, relationship, ethics, and the concepts within authority, responsibility, and accountability.
You will gain the skills needed to deal with problems and issues at your organization and mentor your junior leaders in the challenges they might undertake. Furthermore, Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). This accreditation is well-known and respected, so you can be confident that your curriculum will be challenging and rewarding – both personally and professionally.
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985 and a Christian university recognized for its academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, Liberty combines academic excellence with a biblical worldview. And since we know you have a family, job, and other obligations, our master’s in aeronautics – aviation leadership is offered in a flexible, 100% online, 8-week course format.
What Will You Learn in Our Master’s in Aeronautics – Leadership Online Degree?
With a master’s in aerospace, you can develop a working knowledge of how to solve problems and deal with issues that are unique to leading in aviation organizations. As with many organizations, the aviation industry is changing rapidly. We will educate you on the latest changes in technology and the issues you may face in differing generations. At the core of the aviation industry are technology and people. Our aviation leadership courses will teach you how to grow and adapt for effective leadership.
Besides teaching you to develop your own leadership skills, we will also teach you how to mentor and guide new leaders. In order to lead effectively in an aviation organization, it is important to develop your ability to disciple and mentor the leaders who are serving under you. This will provide the basis for open communication and cohesion in your company.
- AVIA 535 – Developing Aviation Leaders*
- AVIA 536 – Contemporary Issues in Aviation Leadership*
- AVIA 537 – Aviation Organizational Leadership*
- AVIA 605 – Aviation Law*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Master of Science in Aeronautics – Leadership
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 5 online schools in America. Earning your online aviation degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- Complete an aeronautics leadership capstone project to demonstrate how your industry-specific skills can solve real-world problems.
- You could complete the Master of Science in Aeronautics – Aviation Leadership in as little as 1 year!
Master’s in Aviation Online – Leadership Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Aeronautics.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Aeronautics Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online M.S. in Aeronautics – Aviation Leadership Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for M.S. in Aeronautics – Leadership Online Graduates
- Aircraft manufacturer manager
- Airport manager
- Aviation regulations consultant
- Higher-level positions within aviation companies
- Senior military leader
Admission Requirements for the Online M.S. in Aeronautics – Aviation Leadership
A regionally or nationally accredited bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.