Art Uncut is a residential high school experience where you will spend 9 days with us here at Liberty. You will interact with Liberty Studio and Digital Arts faculty in small master classes, collaborate with current Art majors and alumni, experience Liberty University up close and personal, and enjoy the freedom to integrate faith and art. Art Uncut fosters creativity and fun while introducing skills such as sculpting, drawing, painting, and digital design. At the end of the week, you will have the opportunity to present your creations in the Art Gallery for your friends and family.
- Topic: Creature and Character Design
- Dates: June 25-July 3, 2022
- Grades: Students who have completed grades 9, 10, 11, or 12.
- Location: Liberty University – Green Hall (Campus Map)
- Art Uncut Banquet: July 2, 2022 from 5:30 p.m.-7 p.m. located in the Alumni Ballroom. Campers attend free. Family members can purchase banquet tickets, $25/guest at registration. Attire is business casual.
- Art Gallery Exhibition: July 2, 2022 at 8 p.m. located in the Art Gallery (Green Hall 1855)
Enrollment Deadline: June 12, 2022
- Tuition: $895. Includes room, board, and collegiate level instruction from Liberty University faculty and industry guests.
- Early Bird: $795 now through May 20, 2022
- Sibling Discount: When registering multiple children at the same time, receive one of the following corresponding discounts:
- For 2 children, 20% off the second registration’s tuition cost
- For 3 children, 30% off the third registration’s tuition cost
- For 4 children, 40% off the fourth registration’s tuition cost
- Multi-Session Discount: When registering a camper for two sessions, receive 20% off the second session
- Refunds: Full refunds with a 4.5% cancellation fee are available until 2 weeks before camp begins. Refunds are not available 2 weeks before camp except in the case of contracting COVID-19.
I’m enrolled! What do I do next?
On June 25, 2022, you should arrive and check in from 12-4:30 p.m. at the LaHaye Student Union Atrium. On July 3, camp will conclude after the morning worship service, which ends at 10:30 a.m. For those arriving and/or departing by plane, please choose flights that work within the check-in and check-out time frames. If a flight is not available within the time frames, please choose a flight closest to them and we will do our best to accommodate.
Uncut Series provides shuttle service to and from the Lynchburg Amtrak Station, the Lynchburg Bus Station, and the Lynchburg Regional Airport. Students may also wish to fly into the Roanoke Regional Airport or Greensboro Regional Airport; however, shuttle service will not be provided from these locations. For those traveling by bus, train, or plane, and in need of shuttle service, please email Chris Nelson (email@example.com) with your itinerary no later than June 10, 2022.
Art Uncut Coordinator
Todd Smith serves as founding Chair of the Department of Studio & Digital Arts as well as the founding Director of the Liberty University Art Gallery and Permanent Art Collection. He has been involved in research and creative activities with emerging technology and new media on the local, regional, and national levels.
In 2011, Smith created a sculpture for the chapel at St. Hugh’s College, Oxford University, which was blessed by Dr. Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury. Recently he has presented on topics related to the intersection of faith and art at St. Hugh’s College. After many years in the field as a freelance designer, artist, and researcher, Smith transitioned to education at Liberty University.
Today, Professor Smith enjoys mentoring students, conduction creative research and overseeing a vibrant and rapidly growing department which offers Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Fine Arts and Master of Fine Arts degrees residentially and online.
Students will live in the Liberty University dorms. Specifics coming soon.
All art supplies will be supplied for the camp’s scheduled projects, including smocks for messier activities. If you desire to bring any of your own sketchbooks or drawing tools, feel free to do so.
Each student will need to bring bed linens, a pillow, a towel, toiletries, camp clothes, and a Bible. Students may also want to bring snack foods, water bottle, a bathing suit for the LaHaye indoor pool, recreational clothes, and laundry detergent. Snacks will be available in the camp counselors’ dorm rooms to purchase (prices range from $0.50-$2.00).
Campers should dress comfortably and wear comfortable shoes. For the Art Uncut Banquet and Art Gallery Exhibition, dress is business casual.
The Fairfield Inn & Suites, The Kirkley Hotel, and The Extended Stay America are all within minutes of the University. A catered dinner will be held on the final Saturday of camp before the Art Uncut Art Gallery Exhibition. The cost for the catered dinner is $25/guest.
Yes! Art Uncut is a great opportunity for potential Liberty students to come, live in the dorms, eat in the dining hall, and meet Liberty Studio and Digital Arts students, faculty, and staff members.