The Theatre Arts Department does not offer any official scholarship. Students do, however, have the opportunity to audition/interview for a performance/production internship with The Alluvion Stage Company, where compensation may be offered. Visit the Financial Aid website to learn about other scholarships that may be applicable to you.
There is an internship available. However, an internship is not a graduation requirement.
The Senior Project is a graduation requirement. The details of the project may vary according to each student’s concentration within the major, but all must be approved by the department. The project is a capstone of the student’s major and must occur during the student’s final semester of study.
THEA 300 is a way to get credit for working in/with a Theatre Arts production. THEA 300 is a TBA section because the times will coincide with rehearsals and performances of a production. Students audition/interview for each production, and must be selected by the directors to act or work backstage in a production to be eligible for THEA 300 credit.
Auditions, Rehearsals and Performance Process
Audition information is posted on the Liberty University splash page, the Theatre Arts Audition page, the Theatre Arts Facebook and Twitter pages and the Department of Theatre Arts bulletin board. These places explain when and where auditions are held as well as how to prepare.
Anyone who is enrolled in Liberty University (Undergrad and Grad) is eligible to audition for our academic season.
- Rehearsals are held during the week and are generally in the evening from around 7 to 10 p.m.
- We do not have any Wednesday night rehearsals (unless informed by the Director) in order for students to attend Campus Church, Prayer and Hall Meetings.
- Rehearsals may be held at any time on Saturdays.
- Our academic productions run 2-3 weekends, with about 8-10 performances.
- Tickets can be purchased online, at the Box Office on the second floor of the Williams Stadium South Tower on campus, or by phone (434) 582-SEAT (7328).
The Alluvion Stage Company
The Alluvion Stage Company is a not-for-profit professional theater company associated with Liberty University and The Department of Theatre Arts. Alluvion hires outside professionals, Liberty alumni, and current students to produce one to two Broadway-quality musicals/plays to Central Virginia each year.
Students have the opportunity to audition/interview for a performance/production internship with The Alluvion Stage Company, where compensation may be offered.