Academic Auditions & Production Interviews
Spring 2021 Theatre Productions
“A Midsummer Night’s Dream”
February 25-28, March 4-7
March 18-21, 23, 25-28
“Crazy For You”
April 16-18, 23-27
April 30-May 4, May 6-9
Theatre Arts Academic Requirements
- All declared BA/BS students on the 2018-19 DCP to present are required to complete a production interview, with the option of an audition.
- All declared concentrated BA students on the 2017-18 or earlier DCP who have passed Sophomore Hearing are required to complete a Production interview or an Audition based on their accepted track.
- All declared BFA majors are required to complete a production interview and an audition.
- All accepted BFA majors are required to complete an audition, with the option to Interview.
- Theatre minors and INDS in Fine Arts: Theatre cognate students are not required to complete an audition or production interview beyond the requirements of their DCP but are welcome to do so.
Auditions for Spring 2021 Shows
Black Box Theatre
Due to the precautions we are taking for Covid-19, auditions will begin at 1 p.m. on November 1 and all theatre majors will be given an audition time. Production interviews will be paper interviews only, with a possibility of a Teams interview. If you are not a theatre major, please contact Robyn Austin at email@example.com for an audition time.
Please fill out the appropriate audition form for your major and the production interview form and email to Robyn Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by Noon on October 29.
All BFA majors, both declared and accepted, must also send their headshot and resume to Robyn Austin along with their audition form.
- All BFA and BA Performance majors are required to audition.
- Declared and Accepted BFA Majors are also required to provide an updated headshot and resume
- All BA/BS majors as well as declared BFA’s are required to have a production interview.
Audition and Crew Interview Forms:
You must download and save the forms first and then fill them out and save again. Otherwise the information you fill in will not be saved. Email Robyn Austin at email@example.com with any questions.
- A 30 second contemporary monologue
Callbacks for “A Midsummer Night’s Dream”, “Decipher”, “Crazy for You’, and “Doubt”
All callbacks will be on November 8, 2020.
- Please return your interview form to Robyn Austin (firstname.lastname@example.org) by noon, October 29.
- Production/Crew interviews are open to all students (THEA Majors & Non-Majors)
“The Encounter” Radio Drama
Auditions for “The Encounter” will take place in January 2021.
- Fall auditions are usually held on the two nights before classes start in August.
- All fall academic shows are usually auditioned at the same time.
- Spring auditions are usually held in January.
- All spring academic shows are usually auditioned at the same time.
- Monologues/songs may not contain profane language or any type of sexual innuendo.
- An accompanist is provided for musical auditions and callbacks.
- Callbacks, if necessary, are usually an hour after the completion of auditions.
- Cast lists are usually posted by the end of the audition week.
- If cast, you must initial beside your name on the cast sheet to indicate acceptance of a role.
- Students who are cast must enroll in THEA 300.
- Fall interviews are usually held on the two nights before classes start in August.
- All fall production jobs are usually interviewed at the same time.
- Spring interviews are usually held in January.
- All spring production jobs are interviewed at the same time.
- Crew jobs are usually posted by the end of the audition week.
- If selected, you must initial beside your name on the crew sheet to indicate acceptance of a crew position.
- Students who are selected must enroll in THEA 300.