Academic Auditions & Production Interviews
Fall 2021 Theatre Production
November 12-14, 16, 18-20
December 3-5, 7, 9-12
Theatre Arts Academic Requirements
- All declared BA/BS students are required to complete a production interview, with the option of an audition.
- All declared BFA majors are required to complete a production interview and an audition.
- All BFA majors who have auditioned and been accepted in to the BFA program are required to complete an audition, with the option to Interview.
- Theatre minors and INDS in Fine Arts: Theatre cognate students are not required to complete an audition or production interview beyond the requirements of their DCP but are welcome to do so.
BFA Entrance Auditions
- Visit the BFA Entrance Auditions page for Acting and Musical Theatre audition details.
Auditions for Fall 2021 Shows
Auditions for the Fall 2021 shows will be held on Friday, August 20 from 6-9pm in the Black Box Theater. Callbacks will be on Saturday, August 21.
- 6pm-7pm: Students interns who are in the Alluvion production of Fiddler on the Roof.
- 7pm-8pm: Students with the last name beginning with A-M.
- 8pm-9pm: Students with the last name beginning with N-Z.
- 30 Second Contemporary Monologue
- Women–16 bars of a Musical Theatre power ballad
- Men–16 bars of a Musical Theatre up tempo song
Use the link below for your audition form. You can either download the form before or after you have filled it in. Download and save and then attach it in an email to the above address by Wednesday, August 18. If you are a BFA major you need to also include your headshot and resume in the email.
Children Auditions for OLIVER!
Auditions for child actors for OLIVER! will be held Tuesday, August 17th from 4:30 p.m.-6 p.m. in the Black Box Theater and Rehearsal Room 1. Families can check in at the Black Box Theater lobby between 4:15-4:30pm on the 17th. Looking for children ages 9-13. Boys, girls, and all ethnicities are welcome to audition. Children do not need to prepare anything for the audition. The audition will comprise of:
- Reading from the script
- Learning music and singing
- Learning a short piece of choreography
Children should wear comfortable clothing they can move in and character shoes or sneakers for the audition.
- Rehearsals begin Monday, Oct. 11. Weekday rehearsals will be in the evening between 6 p.m.-9 p.m. Saturday rehearsals will take place in the afternoon. Children will not be needed for every rehearsal.
- Tech week (mandatory attendance) Nov. 28-Dec. 2. These rehearsals will go until 10:30 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Performances (mandatory attendance):
- Dec. 3, 4, 7, 9, 10*, 11 – 7:30 p.m.
- Dec. 4, 11 – 2 p.m.
- Dec. 5, 12 – 3 p.m.
Email Chris Nelson, the director, at email@example.com to sign up now. Deadline for sign-ups: August 16th.
Production Interviews for Fall 2021 Shows
Production Interviews will take place on Saturday, August 21 from 10am-2pm in Rehearsal Room 2. See times below. Download and fill out the Production Interview form and return it via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, August 18.
- Juniors and Seniors: 10am-Noon
- Freshman and Sophomores: Noon-2pm
Use the link below for your interview form. You can either download the form before or after you have filled it in. Download and save and then attach it in an email to the above address by Wednesday, August 18.
“The Encounter” Radio Drama
Are you interested in developing audio theatre (radio dramas/story-driven podcasts) or working foley sound? Students will collaborate on brainstorming, writing sessions, learning industry formatting, hearing from outside industry content creators, and finishing the semester with a ready-to-produce script. Auditions will take place on Saturday, August 21 from 10am-2 in the Black Box Green Room.
- Freshman and Sophomores: 10am-Noon
- Juniors and Seniors: Noon-2
All audition sides and forms will be available at the audition.
- Fall auditions are usually held on the two nights before classes start in August.
- All fall academic shows are usually auditioned at the same time.
- Spring auditions are usually held in January.
- All spring academic shows are usually auditioned at the same time.
- Monologues/songs may not contain profane language or any type of sexual innuendo.
- An accompanist is provided for musical auditions and callbacks.
- Callbacks, if necessary, are usually an hour after the completion of auditions.
- Cast lists are usually posted by the end of the audition week.
- If cast, you must initial beside your name on the cast sheet to indicate acceptance of a role.
- Students who are cast must enroll in THEA 300.
- Fall interviews are usually held on the two nights before classes start in August.
- All fall production jobs are usually interviewed at the same time.
- Spring interviews are usually held in January.
- All spring production jobs are interviewed at the same time.
- Crew jobs are usually posted by the end of the audition week.
- If selected, you must initial beside your name on the crew sheet to indicate acceptance of a crew position.
- Students who are selected must enroll in THEA 300.