BFA in Acting
Residential Acting Program
Prepare for a career in theatre through the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Acting program at Liberty University. Develop your craft by focusing on a variety of acting styles and periods as well as stage combat, movement, and dialects and accents.
Beyond the classroom, you’ll hone your expertise by taking advantage of the many on-campus opportunities available. Six academic shows are produced each year between the Tower Theater and The Box Theater. You will also have the opportunity to audition for the professional arm of the department, the Alluvion Stage Company, which produces one to two shows each season.
Liberty University is also an active participant in:
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF)
- Virginia Theatre Association (VTA)
- Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC)
For complete information on the BFA in Acting, including academic requirements, policies, and procedures see the BFA Handbook.
Academics: BFA in Acting
120 total credit hours
Degree Completion Plan (DCP)
- Students will need to complete a BFA audition and be accepted by the Performance Faculty into the BFA Acting program. Students are given two opportunities to pass the audition to be accepted into the program. (Visit the BFA Entrance Auditions page for audition dates and requirements.)
- View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
- Acting for Film I and II (THEA 311 and THEA 313)
- Christian Aesthetics in Theatre (THEA 381)
- Period Styles I and II (THEA 471 and THEA 473)
- Stage Accents (THEA 441)
- Stage Combat I and II (THEA 421 and THEA 423)
- Stage Movement I and II (THEA 321 and THEA 323)
For a complete list of required courses, please see the BFA in Acting Degree Completion Plan.