BFA in Musical Theatre
Residential Musical Theatre Program
Prepare for a career in theatre through the multifaceted Bachelor of Fine Arts in Musical Theatre program at Liberty University. Develop your craft by concentrating on music, dance, and acting.
Beyond the classroom, you’ll hone your expertise by taking advantage of the many on-campus opportunities available. Six academic shows are produced each year between the Tower Theater and The Box Theater. You will also have the opportunity to audition for the professional arm of the department, the Alluvion Stage Company, which produces one to two shows each season.
Liberty University is also an active participant in:
- Kennedy Center American College Theatre Festival (KCACTF)
- Virginia Theatre Association (VTA)
- Southeastern Theatre Conference (SETC)
For complete information on the BFA in Musical Theatre, including academic requirements, policies, and procedures, see the BFA Handbook.
Academics: BFA in Musical Theatre
120 total credit hours
Degree Completion Plan (DCP)
- Students will need to complete a BFA audition and be accepted by the Performance Faculty into the BFA Musical Theatre program. Students are given two opportunities to pass the audition to be accepted into the program. (Visit the BFA Entrance Auditions page for audition dates and requirements.)
- View Liberty’s undergraduate admissions requirements
Musical Theatre Courses
- Careers in Professional Theatre (THEA 481)
- Christian Aesthetics in Theatre (THEA 381)
- Various Dance Technique Classes (THEA 108, THEA 109, THEA 208, and THEA 209)
- Musical Theatre I and II (THEA 251 and THEA 351)
- Harmonic Practices and Theory (MUSC 105)
- Stage Combat (THEA 321)