Communicate through Visual Art in Our Master’s in Visual Communication Design Online Degree Program!
Liberty University’s Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program provides you with the opportunity to enhance your oral and written communication skills through the use of visual media. Visual communication is primarily expressed in graphic design, illustrations, advertising, animation, signs, and typography. It also explores the addition of text to images and the power it has to educate and persuade an audience for maximum impact.
You will be encouraged throughout this degree program to engage in coursework as a contributing designer by developing your critical and analytical skills, personal voice, and visual language. By obtaining essential design tools and skills, you will become an effective leader in the professional world. Additionally, our Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program allows for transfer directly into our Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design.
Why Choose Liberty’s Master’s in Visual Communication Design Online Degree Program?
The purpose of our Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program is to produce visual artists, graphic designers and art educators rooted in a Christ-centered perspective that governs every decision, action, and work of art they undertake in the field of visual art. Courses in visual communication design will provide you with both practical and theoretical lessons which, when combined, produce a well-rounded perspective on various components in the field. You will complete special projects that emphasize layout designs applying to print and electronic media. In each course taken, you will have the opportunity to combine faith and academics in a meaningful and enlightening manner.
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Online MA in Visual Communication and Design?
Art is everywhere, from graffiti, to film, in architecture, and museums. Liberty’s Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program will teach you about the various forms of art and how it can be implemented into visual communication design. You will be able to decode and conduct an in-depth study of contemporary and historical art. Special projects will be assigned to various courses in your communications degree which will allow you to put your creativity into action through building upon previous knowledge.
In addition to training in creating visual communication design art, you will study the process to coordinate image and typography in order to produce a visual storytelling piece. Visual communication is crafted through your projects to give your artwork another dimension. Opportunities to learn and create interactive designs for a user-centered environment will be available.
Our Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program is designed for those interested in developing their skills in the area of visual communication design. Individuals who would like to enter the MFA program but do not have an existing portfolio for the application process will benefit from this Master Visual Communications Design degree.
Visual Communication Design Featured Graduate Courses
Master’s in Visual Communication Design Online Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your Master’s in Visual Communication Design degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Tuition for our Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program has not increased in three straight years. While many other online colleges have raised tuition, Liberty has been able to keep costs low as a nonprofit university.
- You can complete our Master’s in Visual Communication Design online degree program in less than two years.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design (M.F.A.) – Our Master of Fine Arts in Graphic Design is a terminal degree created to provide essential tools and skills that enable you to succeed in the arts. You will have the opportunity to acquire advanced knowledge and develop skills in the history, research, practice, and discourse of art and design while cultivating a community in which the evaluation, critique, and open exchange of ideas stimulate artistic excellence.
- Master of Arts in Strategic Communication – Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Strategic Communication offers a professional curriculum that emphasizes the principles and practices needed to succeed in the great variety of careers related to growing organizations in the digital communication age. You will be pushed to gain the skills necessary, through hands-on agency and project settings, to enhance your current career or begin a new one.
Master’s in Visual Communication Design Online Degree Information and Requirements
- This program falls under the School of Visual and Performing Arts.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the V.C.D. online degree Course Syllabi (login required).
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate students (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as an First Responder (less than $625 per course).
Potential Career Options in Visual Communication Design
After completion of your Master Visual Communication Design online degree, you can explore career options in many different areas of interest, including:
- Business Communication
- Visual Design Education
Admission Requirements for Master of Arts in Visual Communication Design
A regionally or nationally accredited Bachelor’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. A master’s degree or at least 12 graduate credits from an accredited institution may be assessed. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts if available
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.