The Student Advocate Office is Here to Help with Academic Challenges
The Online Student Advocate Office exists to assist our online students through extenuating circumstances that affect their ability to succeed in their current courses and, ultimately, their degree programs. Our online student advocates serve as mediators between our Academic, Student Financial Services, and LU Enrollment departments to provide you with the best service available. Our ultimate goal is to provide a fair resolution to conflicts and help students succeed in their educational goals.
The Academic Standing Consultants team is available to assist you in finding the best way to proceed if you are placed on Academic Warning, Probation, Suspension, or Dismissal. We understand that pursuing an education can be challenging, especially while balancing a family, a career, and daily responsibilities. Our Academic Standing Consultants will determine if a personalized academic plan may resolve the issue and will give you the support you need to keep moving through your degree program toward graduation.
To complete the required steps, please see the links below to our forms and downloads. If you have any questions about this process, call Academic Advising at (800) 424-9595.
Fee Appeal Process
The fee appeal process gives you the opportunity to address fees that have been added to your account that you believe are inaccurate.
Important details to note before submitting your appeal:
- Financial Check-In must be completed for the current term.
- All supportive documentation must be included with the appeal as attachments.
- Must be a University error.
- Make sure to answer questions honestly and accurately to ensure that your appeal is reviewed in a timely manner.
- Only include your student ID number (your SSN is not necessary).
- An appeal must be submitted to the Student Financial Services Office within 30 days of the billing/notification of the fee.
- The disputed charge will be reviewed by the Student Financial Services staff, and you will receive a response within 2 weeks after submitting the appeal.
- This form is used to appeal a fee on your student account including but not limited to withdrawal fees and the late Financial Check-In fee.
- Please Note: If you want to appeal or dispute a tuition charge, this is not the proper form (see Student Complaint Form below).
For more detailed information, please visit our Fee Appeal process page.
Grade Appeal Process
- This form is used to appeal a final grade in an online course.
- This form must be submitted within 30 calendar days of the last day of class (e.g., if the Spring B-term end date is 3/6, the appeal deadline is 4/5).
- Grades of FN, NF, W, I, or A cannot be appealed.
- Please Note: If the course is still in session and you are disputing a particular assignment grade, this is not the appropriate form (see Student Complaint Form below).
Academic Misconduct Appeals
Liberty University Online Programs Academic Misconduct Appeals (Plagiarism Appeals) are submitted through Beacon. This system is used if you received a notification of an incident report submitted due to an academic concern (e.g., plagiarism, academic dishonesty, etc.).
Academic Standing Appeal Process
- This is for students who have been placed on Academic Suspension, Academic Dismissal, and Financial Aid Suspension.
- Please Note: If you are placed on both Financial Aid and Academic Suspension, you only need to submit the form once.
Student Complaint Process and Form
- This form can be used to file a formal complaint.
- You can use this form if you are experiencing issues with a Liberty University professor or if you are experiencing issues with a specific department/office (Academic Advising, Student Accounts, Financial Aid, etc.) and wish to file a formal complaint.
- If you wish to appeal something but cannot find a formal process, you can use this form (please use this form only if there is no other appeal process, or the existing process has been exhausted).
Our Transfer Suite can be used for the following:
- Appealing for a Course Substitution Request.
- Appealing credit awarded from an Official Transcript evaluation.
- Appealing to take a future course at another institution and have it applied to your program.