Fee Appeal Process
The fee appeal process gives you the opportunity to address fees that have been added to your account that you believe are inaccurate.
Requirements & Process for Appeals
- Financial Check-In must be completed for the current term.
- All supportive documentation must be included with the appeal as attachments.
- Must be a University error.
- Make sure to answer questions honestly and accurately to ensure that your appeal is reviewed in a timely manner.
- Only include your student ID number (your SSN is not necessary).
- Appeal must be submitted to the Student Financial Services Office within 30 days of the billing/notification of the fee.
- The disputed charge will be reviewed by the Student Financial Services staff, and you will receive a response within 3-5 business days after submitting the appeal.
Note: If you get an error logging in for the form, use your Liberty email address instead of your username (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
Financial Check-In Late Fee
The FCI late fee is not considered a Liberty University error if:
- Financial aid has not been posted to a Resident student’s account because the student submitted a FAFSA after the priority deadline of January 15th, OR if the student is selected for additional review.
- Financial aid has not been posted to a Liberty University Online student’s account because the student submitted a FAFSA less than 60 days before the Financial Check-In deadline, OR if the student is selected for additional review.
- Registration is completed after the registration deadline.
- It is not considered a Liberty University error if a student makes a web payment instead of paying through completion of Financial Check-In. The screen for a web payment specifically states, “All students are required to complete Financial Check In each semester. Using “Make a Payment” does not complete Financial Check-In.”
- It is not considered a Liberty University error if the previous account balance is $50 or greater preventing the student from completing FCI.
Reminder: this fee will only be waived if there was an error by the University that directly caused the issue in question.
- Liberty University will consider an appeal if a student is participating in an internship, independent study or student teaching.
- Liberty University will not consider an appeal if a student is taking at least one on-campus Resident course.
Reminder: this fee will only be waived if valid documentation is provided to prove you are not living in the Lynchburg area during the corresponding semester.
Have questions about appeals? Email us at email@example.com!