Each year, there are billions of dollars in outside scholarships available to college students. A simple web search on Google or Yahoo! can allow students to find available scholarships and applications.
Scholarship Keywords and Qualifiers
To simplify your scholarship search and to locate funds for which you qualify, use keywords and qualifiers to describe personal qualities or characteristics. This will enable you to narrow and expedite your search. Choosing the right keywords will connect you with the right information.
Examples of Qualifiers
- Family heritage and/or ethnicity (family heritage scholarships and minority scholarships)
- Associations and affiliations with clubs, organizations, churches, businesses, and unions (i.e., credit unions, work unions, rotary club, etc.)
- Your major (field of study)
- Religious affiliation (religious scholarships)
- Hobbies and interests (4-H, DAR, etc.)
- Disabilities (Students with visual or hearing impairments, students with ADHD, etc.)
- Military status/dependent of career military member/dependent of disabled veteran
- Your favorite retail stores or brand names (i.e., Sears, Belk, Target)
Databases of Scholarships
Put your information into a profile & let the site do the work
Careers & Colleges
Also check out lists of possible scholarships
National Coalition for Aviation Education
Scholarships for College
Liberty University is not liable for the actions of the scholarship representatives or the validity of each scholarship.
Please be aware of rules and possible scams of every scholarship.