Why Should You Seek Admission to our Online Ph.D. in Christian Worship Degree?
Liberty’s 100% online Ph.D. in Christian Worship is designed to build on your worship experience and previous music education by integrating a biblical focus as the basis and philosophy for scholarly worship research. You have a passion for leading others in worship, and our online Ph.D. degree will help you expand your knowledge of worship theology, philosophy, and methodology.
Liberty University is one of the few schools to offer a Ph.D. in Christian Worship, and this online degree allows you to continue serving your church and community without having to travel to another location.
How Do I Complete the Admission Requirements for the Online Ph.D. in Christian Worship Degree?
- Apply online or call (800) 424-9596 to speak with an admissions counselor.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable $50 application fee will be posted on the current application upon enrollment (waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required).
- Mail official college transcripts (sealed, unopened copy or via a direct electronic transcript system). If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to email@example.com.
- Transcripts must show a regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA in worship or music or a related field for admission in good standing. Students with a GPA less than 3.0 may be considered for admission on caution.
Applicants whose native language is other than English must submit official scores for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or an approved alternative assessment. For information on alternative assessments or TOEFL waivers, please call Admissions or view the official International Admissions policy.
The Office of Graduate Admissions may request additional documentation when conducting admission reviews to evaluate a candidate’s record before a final admission decision can be made.
If you are sending in a preliminary transcript for acceptance, you must:
- Be in your final term and planning to start your doctoral degree after the last day of class for your master’s degree.
- Complete a master’s self-certification form confirming your completion date. The form can be downloaded from our Forms and Downloads page or you can contact an Admissions Counselor who can submit the form on your behalf.
- Submit a transcript to confirm that you are in your final term. The preliminary transcript must show that you are within six credit hours of completion for a 30-48 credit hour master’s degree or within nine credit hours of completion for a 49+ credit hour master’s degree.
- Send in an additional, final official transcript with a conferral date listed by the end of your first semester of enrollment in the new doctoral degree.
Official College Transcript Policy
An acceptable official college transcript is one that has been issued directly from the institution and is in a sealed envelope. If you have one in your possession, it must still be in its original sealed envelope. If your previous institution offers electronic official transcript processing, they can send the document directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Liberty University Admissions Office Contact Information
Call: (800) 424-9596
Fax: (888) 301-3577
Email: For Questions
Email: For Sending Documents
Liberty University Online Admissions Verification
1971 University Blvd.
Lynchburg, VA 24515
Back to our Ph.D. in Christian Worship degree page.