Advance Your Clinical Career with Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure Degree Program
If you are a Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) and have an associate degree, then our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) – Post Licensure degree will provide the skills and knowledge you need to open new career opportunities. With Liberty’s BSRT degree program, you will learn advanced methods in determining your patients’ needs, advanced modes of ventilation, cardiopulmonary interactions in health and illness, and various other skills — all of which will enable you to help your patients maximize their recovery and manage their condition.
After graduating with a Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) from Liberty University, you’ll have the values, knowledge, and skills to elevate your opportunities for promotion and increase your marketability. Gain the confidence and professionalism needed to react calmly and quickly under stress. Our online respiratory therapist program will help you advance your practice and benefit from additional compensation in advanced roles.
Why Choose Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure Degree?
Liberty University’s BSRT will not only help you pursue opportunities for promotion and higher compensation but keep you up-to-date with current practices and trends that will help you meet broader challenges in the field. All of our courses are taught from a Christian worldview and can be completed 100% online. This means you can advance your career from the comfort of your own home or office without compromising on your values.
What Will You Learn in Our Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure Online Degree?
Throughout our online Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy, you will learn the skills and competencies required of a respiratory therapist practicing at the top of their fields. This program will help you:
- Learn how to evaluate clinical data to determine the appropriateness of prescribed respiratory care.
- Keep on top of new therapies and practices.
- Engage in professional activities that further the profession of respiratory therapy.
- Learn up-to-date research techniques used in respiratory therapy.
- Develop management and leadership techniques that will set you apart for a promotion.
You’ll also learn the importance of preserving your patients’ dignity while you ease their suffering, allowing you to give them excellent care, both professionally and spiritually.
Program Highlights for the Online Respiratory Therapy Bachelor’s Degree
- By earning your Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure degree from an accredited, nonprofit university whose online programs are ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you can be confident your degree will be well respected within your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years—and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-$2,000 per year on textbooks!
BS in Respiratory Therapy Degree Information
- The Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure degree is under the School of Health Sciences.
- View the Undergraduate Health Sciences Course Guides (login required).
- Review the Degree Completion Plan.
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students around the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 for undergraduate (per credit hour).
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- Potential college credit for military training.
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Careers for Respiratory Therapy Graduates
- Case manager
- Clinical specialist
- Disease manager
- Respiratory therapist
Admission Requirements for the Online Bachelor of Science in Respiratory Therapy (BSRT) Post Licensure degree Program
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. If the GPA is less than a 2.0, the applicant will be considered for acceptance on caution. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- A high school self-certification form
- Official college transcripts, if available
- Unofficial college transcripts can be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- Proof of having graduated from a CoARC-accredited associate degree program in respiratory therapy
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Liberty University is currently in the process of seeking CoARC accreditation for a respiratory care program. However, Liberty University can provide no assurance that accreditation will be granted by the CoARC. This would be in addition to Liberty University’s regional accreditation through SACSCOC.