Use Your Degree in Public Policy to Make an Impact on Your Community and Beyond
Imagine having a hand in tomorrow’s policies – policies that impact individuals in your county, state, or country. Public policy affects every vocation in public, private, and nonprofit sectors. If you are interested in entering the field of law and policy, Liberty’s Bachelor of Science in Law and Policy – Public Policy can help you gain the knowledge you’ll need to get started.
Earning a degree in law and public policy can prepare you for positions in city management and planning, legal writing, politics, or even teaching. And with Christian principles integrated into your coursework, you can be confident that you will be trained with excellence and integrity.
If your career goal is to influence law and policy in a profession other than as an attorney, our public policy bachelor’s degree could be right for you. With it, you’ll gain the skills and influence you need to have an impact on the lives and communities around you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Law and Policy Degree in Public Policy?
Understanding the practice of law is essential to understanding public policy. At Liberty University, our online law and policy degree is designed to help you grow both professionally and personally, so all of your courses will be taught from a biblical worldview.
Our online government classes will equip you with advanced training in the core areas of law to help you think ethically about your decisions and prepare you to make a positive impact on your community and throughout the world.
Integrate a Biblical Worldview
The rule of law is essential to good order in a just society. As a student in this degree program, you will learn to integrate your knowledge of legal principles and practices with your Christian faith. You will also discover how Judeo-Christian values have influenced our legal system and policies.
When you choose Liberty University for your online law and policy degree, you can be confident that your program is preparing you for a rewarding and successful career!
Learn from Legal Professionals
Your courses will be taught by faculty with degrees in law, government, and public policy, as well as years of experience in various political fields.
As a student in this degree program, you will learn from our distinguished faculty’s law and policy expertise so that you can start your career in this field with confidence.
What Will You Learn in Our B.S. in Law and Policy – Public Policy Degree?
Through Liberty’s law and policy bachelor’s degree, you will receive training in logic and legal reasoning, legal research and writing, persuasive communications, and the use of legal information, resources, and tools. You will also learn about public policy advocacy and formulation as well as how to enact and implement public policies.
By working through comparative studies of other legal and governmental systems, this degree will help you gain a better understanding of American jurisprudence and public policy. Additionally, you’ll have opportunities for tailored research, presentation, and publication.
Overall, you will learn how to:
- Describe strategies for effective public policy advocacy.
- Evaluate the process of formulating and enacting public policy legislation.
- Describe the execution of public policy through rule-making, regulation, and compliance enforcement.
View the Degree Completion Plan, and check out our featured courses below for more information!
- GOVT 220 – American Government
- GOVT 215 – Logic and Legal Reasoning
- GOVT 461 – National Security Law and Policy
- GOVT 463 – Health Care Law and Policy
Highlights of Our Online Law and Policy Program
- This program can help you acquire tools and training to prepare for the Law School Admission Test (LSAT).
We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 10 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- GetEducated.com ranked Liberty’s BS in Law and Policy – Pre-Law in the Top 10 Most Affordable Bachelor’s in Legal Studies.
Law and Policy – Public Policy Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online Law and Policy Degree Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Career Opportunities for Law and Policy – Public Policy Graduates
- City manager/planner
- Content/legal writer
- Corporate compliance officer
- Corporate ethics officer
- Legislative staffer/director
- Policy analyst
- Politician/elected official
Admission Requirements for Undergraduate Online Degrees
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.