Make a Difference in Your Community with an Online Public Administration Bachelor’s Degree
Are you passionate about serving the common good? Do you want to use your leadership skills in government roles? Are you seeking a job that lets you effect positive change in society? If so, you may want to consider a career in public administration! Liberty’s online Bachelor of Science in Government – Public Administration can help equip you to work in the private or public sector. From government agencies to nonprofit organizations, you can pursue many jobs that require strong leadership and communication skills.
Public administrators are responsible for implementing government policies on a practical level. With careful planning, they can carry out government directives in a cost-effective manner and design programs that benefit the public. Our bachelor’s in public administration can help foster the skills you need to oversee government projects, balance budgets, and ensure laws are enforced.
At Liberty, we have created our B.S. in Government degree with your success in mind. We offer affordable tuition rates, quality academics, and a flexible online format — all with the goal of helping you pursue a rewarding career. Partner with us and prepare to give back to your community.
Why study public administration?
This program is designed for students who want to use their leadership, analysis, and communication skills to make a difference in the world. By working as a public administrator, you can help promote liberty and justice for all. Additionally, you can use your creativity to implement projects that help the people in your community. By earning this degree, you can help streamline government processes and ensure taxpayer money is handled appropriately.
Many public administration graduates go on to become administrative services managers. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average salary for administrative services managers is $96,940 per year. This field is projected to grow 6% from 2019 to 2029, which is faster than the average for all other industries.* Earning a bachelor’s in public administration is a great way to pursue exciting job opportunities.
What is the difference between public policy and public administration?
Careers in public policy involve researching, writing, and creating government policy. Public administrators find practical ways to implement those policies.
Which is better: a BS in Public Administration or a BA in Government Administration and Development?
While B.A. degrees often require liberal arts courses, our B.S. in Government – Public Administration provides foundational math and science courses that can help you develop practical, marketable skills. If you want to gain real-world training, our bachelor’s in government is a great option!
Why Choose Liberty University’s Public Administration Program?
If you’re worried that school will get in the way of your other commitments and priorities, we have just what you need. This government degree is offered 100% online, which means you can complete your coursework wherever and whenever it’s most convenient for you! Our classes are only 8 weeks long and have no set login times, providing the flexibility you need to take the next step in your academic journey.
Liberty’s bachelor’s degree in public administration is designed to help develop leaders who are guided by duty, honor, and morality. In this program, you’ll study under professors who have years of experience working in government. They will take what they have learned in their own careers and translate it into practical applications that bring your classroom experience to life.
As a Christian university, we believe moral integrity is an essential part of a functional government. To fulfill our mission of Training Champions for Christ, we’ll help equip you to analyze political theories and practices through the lens of a biblical worldview.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Degree in Public Administration?
Our public administration online degree dives into various aspects of government processes, policies, personnel, and politics. Throughout this program, you will examine various political ideologies and positions so you can find innovative solutions to government problems. You can also learn how to manage public projects and programs that improve the lives of everyday citizens.
Additionally, Liberty’s online government classes can help you understand how to resolve various conflicts within the global community. You’ll take an in-depth look at aspects of American government, including American exceptionalism, foreign policy, and constitutional history. Whether you want to serve in your local government, lead at the national level, or manage projects for a nonprofit, we can help you pursue your goals.
Explore how government agencies impact the private business sector. With this knowledge, you can help implement programs that protect individuals’ constitutional rights and promote the general welfare. You will also learn about the financing and budgeting aspects of public administration so you can carry out government policies in a cost-effective manner.
Ultimately, our goal is to help you integrate economic theory, management principles, administrative law, and political theory to resolve various problems in the public sector. Our senior seminar can help you synthesize what you’ve learned and apply it to the real world.
- GOVT 329 – American Exceptionalism
- GOVT 360 – Introduction to Public Administration
- GOVT 462 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- GOVT 470 – Government Regulation of Business
Online Bachelor’s in Public Service Degree Information
- This program falls under Liberty’s Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for our online bachelor’s degree program in public administration.
- View the online Undergraduate Government Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Online Bachelor of Science in Public Service and Policy
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
- Potential college credit for military training
What Can You Do with a Degree in Public Administration?
Our public administration degree online can help you pursue a variety of career paths. You can develop practical skills that can be applied to many jobs in government and public administration. Some of the roles you may qualify for include:
- Administrative officer
- City manager
- Human resources manager
- Nonprofit manager
- Public administration consultant
- Public interest advocate
- Research associate
- Urban planning specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online BS in Public Service
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- High School Self-Certification form and official high school transcripts within first 12 credit hours
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
Highlights of Liberty’s Bachelor’s in Government Management Program
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your public administration bachelor’s degree online from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years — and counting.
- To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Our online courses are only 8 weeks long with 8 different start dates offered each year and no set login times.
- Liberty is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- You can access a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while completing your government administration degree online.
- By earning this government studies degree, you can pursue a variety of government, administration, and development careers.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Administrative Services Managers (viewed online September 3, 2020). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.