Prepare for a Career in Public Service with Our Online Bachelor’s in Government – Public Administration Degree Program!
Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Government – Public Administration degree will provide you with the training and knowledge you need to oversee the implementation of government projects, balance budgets, and help ensure enacted laws are enforced. At Liberty, we have created our B.S. in Government – Public Administration degree with your success in mind: designed to be completed in 4 years or less, our program will allow you to continue to work and enjoy time with your family while earning your bachelor’s degree in government – public administration.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Bachelor’s in Government – Public Administration Program?
You will study under professors who take what they have learned in their successful government careers and translate it into practical applications that bring your classroom experience to life. Our Helms School of Government developed this online bachelor’s in government – public administration program to help develop leaders who are guided by duty, honor, and morality. At Liberty, you will develop the critical thinking skills and character you need to lead with strength and integrity.
As a Christian university, we believe ethics and moral integrity are an essential part of a functional government, and we analyze governmental theories and practices through the lens of a biblical worldview. Our mission is to create Christ-centered individuals who positively change our culture. As a student of our bachelor’s in government – public administration online degree program, you will be prepared to ethically solve problems in government and society, bringing liberty and justice to all.
What Will You Learn in Our Online B.S. in Government – Public Administration Degree Program?
Our online bachelor’s degree program in government – public administration will take you through various areas of government processes, policies, personnel, and politics to equip you with the skills you need to become an effective leader in public administration. You will examine various competing political ideologies and positions, allowing you to evaluate and find solutions to problems within the government. During your bachelor’s of government – public administration degree program, you will research, analyze, and discuss a variety of topics in public administration so that you will be prepared to find solutions to the challenges you will face.
Your online government classes will also help you understand a variety of economic, ecological, demographic, and security conflicts within the global community and possible ways to resolve such conflicts.
- GOVT 329 – American Exceptionalism
- GOVT 462 – Public Finance and Budgeting
- GOVT 470 – Government Regulation of Business
- GOVT 490 – Political Theory
Online Bachelor’s in Government – Public Administration Degree Information
- This program falls under the Helms School of Government.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for this program.
- View the online Bachelor of Science in Government – Public Administration Course Syllabi. (login required)
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s Degree in Government – Public Administration
- Administrative Officer
- City Manager
- Public Interest/Advocacy Groups
- Public Administrator
Admission Requirements for the BS in Government – Public Administration
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on Good Standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
B.S. in Government – Public Administration Online Degree Program Highlights
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and ranked as the #2 online school in America by Niche.com. Earning your online government degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years — and counting
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Increased job opportunities after completing your online government administration bachelor’s degree.
Similar Online Degree Programs
- B.S. in Political Science – Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Political Science is designed to give you a historical, theoretical, and broad-based foundation in the study of politics so you can pursue a career in government and policies.
- B.S. in Public Administration – Courses in our public administration degree are designed to train and equip students for the administration of public services and implementation of public policy at all levels of government as well as the private and nonprofit sectors.