Influence Your Local, State, and National Government by Earning an Online Bachelor’s Degree in Politics and Policy!
Do you have a passion for political science and improving policy? Have you ever wanted to work in Washington D.C. or your local government offices? Liberty University’s 100% online Bachelor of Science in Government – Politics and Public Policy is the perfect program for you! Throughout this degree program, you will study political science and government systems to equip you with the skills and knowledge you need to work alongside government officials on a national, state, and local level.
You will benefit from topical studies of comparative politics, modern political and economic ideals, international relations, and American constitutional history as you dive into the multifaceted field of politics. Constructing policy and doing so in a legal, ethical manner, is a crucial function of our government and legislative leaders. You will learn how to create and interpret policy with a biblical worldview in Liberty’s politics and policy online degree. Upon graduation, you will be prepared to be a leader in numerous fields within our systems of government!
Why Choose Liberty’s Politics and Policy Online Program?
You will study under professors who take what they have learned and experienced in their successful careers and translate it into practical applications that bring your classroom experience to life. The Helms School of Government develops programs such as the bachelor’s in government – politics and policy to help develop leaders who are guided by duty, honor, and morality. We work hard every day to live up to those credentials by seeking to improve our curriculum and teaching methods, in addition to building upon your strengths as you pursue our bachelor’s degree in politics and policy.
What Will You Learn in the Online Bachelor’s in Government – Politics and Public Policy Degree Program?
In our online bachelor’s degree in politics and policy, you will study the emergence and scope of the disciplines of economics, political science, public administration, and public policy in order to become a more effective government leader. You will examine various competing political ideologies and positions that will allow you to evaluate political positions and opinions. You will understand, participate in, and evaluate current issues and events. In studying government, politics, and policies, you will be able to differentiate between a variety of economic, ecological, demographic, and security problems and challenges within the global community and articulate some of the political approaches to resolving them. You will also engage in informed reading, research, analysis, and discussion of public policy topics.
- GOVT 302 – Modern Political and Economic Ideas
- GOVT 320 – American Executive Processes/ Institutions
- GOVT 327 – State and Local Government
- GOVT 470 – Government Regulation of Business
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $250 per credit hour for undergraduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $565 per course).
- 8-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Career Options with a Bachelor’s in Politics and Policy Degree
- Political consultant
- Government official
- Nonprofit director
- Policy analyst
- Public administrator
Admission Requirements for the BS in Government
Applicants must have a 2.0 or above cumulative GPA for admission on good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Unofficial college transcripts may be accepted with a completed official transcript request form**
- A High School Self-Certification form
- Proof of English Proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.
**An official transcript is needed within 60 days of acceptance or before non-attendance drops for the first set of matriculated classes, whichever comes first.
B.S. in Politics and Policy Program Highlights
- By earning your online bachelor’s in government – politics and policy degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we’re committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we’ve frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years ̶ and counting.
To continue our mission of providing affordable education, electronic textbooks are provided for all undergraduate courses at no cost to you. As a full-time student, this could save you an estimated $800-2,000 per year on textbooks!
- Students pursuing our Bachelor of Science in Government have access to a wide variety of resources through Liberty’s research portal.
Similar Online Degree Programs
Criminal Justice – Liberty University’s Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice explores the internal workings of the criminal justice system and its response to different types of crime. Students will learn targeted concepts for identifying the constitutional, procedural, and organizational differences of criminal justice and representative systems.
Paralegal Studies – Courses under our Bachelor of Science in Paralegal Studies are taught by practicing lawyers who help train you to acquire strong professional skills, a firm foundation in ethics and increasingly higher levels of knowledge in government, politics, and law.
Online Bachelor of Government – Politics and Policy Program Format
- This program is under the Helms School of Government
- Up to 75% of the program hours may be transferred if approved and allowable
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
- View our undergraduate government course guides (login required)
- View the Degree Completion Plan