Earn a Doctoral-Level Credential and Prepare to Teach Online Students with Liberty’s EdS Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning
Are you interested in teaching online classes? Maybe education has always been a passion of yours. Perhaps you’ve led a career in teaching, and you’d like to advance your career by training up tomorrow’s classroom instructors. If this sounds like you, Liberty’s 100% online Education Specialist (EdS) in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning may be for you. This program has no required intensives, meaning you can complete your online Education Specialist degree program without leaving the comfort of home.
This degree isn’t just for those hoping to teach online courses – it can also help you pursue roles as an administrator, curriculum specialist, and more! This EdS in Curriculum and Instruction can be completed in as little as 1 year – meaning you won’t have to dedicate a prolonged amount of time to earn a career-enhancing credential. In addition, we offer expert professors, a world-class learning environment, institutional accreditation, and access to a vast library of research resources. When you choose Liberty, you choose a university that is dedicated to your success.
Don’t put achieving your full potential on hold any longer. Partner with us for your Education Specialist degree program in teaching and learning and take your career to new heights.
Please note: The EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning is a non-licensure program.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online EdS Degree in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning?
As a pioneer in distance education since 1985, we understand what it takes to develop an online degree program that will challenge you to grow while respecting your commitments to your job, family, and community. This EdS in Curriculum and Instruction is offered 100% online in 8-week course sections with no required intensives, so you won’t have to put your life on hold to earn your degree.
With the rise of online education, there is an increasing need for quality instructors who can develop curricula and lead online courses. Our online teaching and learning specialization is designed to help you tap into this jump in market demand and secure a flexible, rewarding online teaching position. With this Education Specialist degree online, you can prepare to teach students from around the world.
In addition, this degree is an excellent stepping stone for doctoral-level studies if you’re interested in someday pursuing your Doctor of Education (EdD) degree. At Liberty, you can transfer up to 27 credit hours from our EdS program into a corresponding EdD program.
What Will You Learn in Our Online EdS Degree in Online Teaching and Learning?
In this degree, you will study advanced learning theory and research. You will also be able to choose between studying the historical and philosophical foundations of education or educational leadership theories.
From there, this online EdS in teaching and learning ventures into a curriculum and instruction core. You can choose to study 3 topics from the following options: issues and trends in learning technologies, issues and trends in curriculum and instruction, curriculum theory, investigations in curriculum change, and research in curriculum design and development.
In the online teaching and learning specialization, you will study online course design and development. You will also explore teaching and learning in the online environment and current issues in online education. Upon completion of this section, you’ll venture into a survey of educational research and study advanced research and writing.
- EDUC 750 – Survey of Educational Research
- EDUC 772 – Online Course Design and Development*
- EDUC 773 – Teaching and Learning in the Online Environment*
- EDUC 774 – Current Issues and Trends in Online Education*
*Course guide coming soon
Highlights of Our Online Teaching EdS Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank among Niche.com’s top 3 online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 7 years – and counting.
- The EdS degree allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (EdD) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning Degree Information
- This Education Specialist program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Postgraduate Advising Guide.
Military Benefits for Our Education Specialist (EdS) Online Program
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for EdS courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning Graduates
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator*
*May require licensure, which this degree program does not provide
Admission Requirements for Our Online EdS in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Teaching and Learning Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.