Reach Your Students More Effectively with an Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree
Our Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education degree will immerse you in advanced research, learning theory, institutional assessment techniques, and curriculum development practices. Throughout our special education Ed.S. degree program, you can develop the skill set you need to be a more effective special education teacher and administrator for K-12 students.
As a 100% online program, our Ed.S. degree in special education instruction will help you learn the skills you need to better engage your students without you needing to take classes on a college campus. Earning your Ed.S. online can help you expand your career horizons without sacrificing your current lifestyle.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Education Specialist Degree in Special Education?
At Liberty University, our mission is Training Champions for Christ. Taught from a biblical worldview, our online Ed.S. degree in curriculum and instruction for special education will help you apply critical learning theory and cutting edge behavioral research to your classroom – so you can reach your students more effectively. Our education specialist professors have real-world experience in special education, and they can help you integrate your faith into your teaching methods in a professional and meaningful way.
We want to partner with you as you pursue an Ed.S. in special education degree program so you can impact your students in a way you always knew you could. With the right tools, you can create a career path that’s both exciting and rewarding. Our online Ed.S. program track also allows you to include additional requirements for initial, advanced, and add-on licensure.
What Are the Benefits of Pursuing Our Online Education Specialist Degree?
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System. With this backing, you can be confident that your education degree will be respected and recognized across the country.
- Completing an Ed.S. degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills, and that are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- Jumpstart your doctorate! Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program.
- You will conduct cutting-edge educational research throughout your postgraduate Ed.S. degree program that will equip you to publish groundbreaking insights into special education and prepare you for a doctoral dissertation or capstone project.
- Our online Education Specialist degree gives you the opportunity to expand your current credentials by adding licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your degree.
- If you elect to take advantage of our online Ed.S. degree’s optional intensives, you can gain hands-on skills and professional networks that can set you apart.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree Program?
In your online Ed.S. in Special Education degree program, you will build a foundation in theory, research, and leadership that can help prepare you for a doctoral degree and to make an impact on the field of special education. You will study curriculum theory and development throughout your Ed.S. program, so you can improve curriculum and instruction in your classroom and beyond.
The special education portion of your online Ed.S. degree will prepare you to assess and meet student needs through strategic technology use, behavior management, and program organization and design. You have a passion to reach all students, and our Education Specialist degree in special education will give you the tools you need to increase your influence.
Our online Ed.S. degree may also be modified to fulfill initial teaching licensure requirements, or, if you possess initial licensure, you may also include requirements for advanced and add-on licensures.
If you wish to obtain licensure, refer to the additional courses listed on the bottom of the Degree Completion Plan.
Special Education Featured Courses
- EDUC 620 – Organization and Design of Gifted Education Programs
- EDUC 621 – Educational Assessment for Special Needs
- EDUC 624 – Behavior Management
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
Our Online Ed.S. in Special Education Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your Ed.S. degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 4 years – and counting.
- By completing your Ed.S. degree online at Liberty, you have the option to take courses during a summer semester. This can help you graduate in less time than you would with a traditional, residential degree program.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so you can be confident that your degree will be respected and recognized across the country.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree, you will be trained in essential research and institutional assessment skills. This can help you ensure that your institution is providing an effective educational experience to your students.
You may also be interested in the online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) Program.
Our Online Ed.S. in Special Education Degree Information
- This program is 100% online with optional intensives.
- This online Education Specialist degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for an official list of courses and a suggested sequence.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 606 and EDUC 701.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Military Benefits of the Online Ed.S. in Special Education Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Educational Specialist Degree
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 school administrator
- Special education teacher
After completing our Education Specialist degree online, you will have an advanced, postgraduate, NCATE-accredited credential that will allow you to pursue leadership roles in K-12 and higher education. Our Ed.S. degree will provide you with the opportunity to gain advanced expertise in K-12 education and curriculum development, as well as add licensure requirements (if needed) to become a special education teacher.
The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may lead to opportunities in private or public schools, third-party curriculum and learning tool development companies, or for advancement in your current job.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction – Special Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.