Excel in Teaching with Our Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades Education Degree
Our 100% online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades Education degree will give you the tools you need to advance your teaching career, pursue a Doctor of Education degree, develop innovative middle school curricula, and become a school administrator.
Throughout our Ed.S. in middle school education degree program, you will study advanced learning theory, research practices, institutional assessment techniques, and curriculum theory – all based on leading research, biblical values, and educational best practices. Our education specialist degree in middle school curriculum and instruction will equip you to be a leader in your classroom and beyond.
Why Choose Liberty’s Online Education Specialist – Middle Grades Education?
At Liberty University, we care about helping you succeed. So we’ve designed our Ed.S. in Middle Grades Education degree to meet your needs as a student, a professional, and an individual. As a 100% online program with no set login times, our Education Specialist degree gives you the flexibility you need to complete your coursework without sacrificing your family or career.
Our online Ed.S. in middle school education classes are taught by experienced education professionals, so you can rest assured that you are receiving a quality education that will teach you practical skills you can use in your classroom. Partner with us and let our flexible, academically excellent Ed.S. degree help you reach your full potential.
What are the Benefits of Our Online Education Specialist Degree?
- Completing an Ed.S. degree shows employers that you have high-level learning theory, research, and curriculum development skills and are willing to go the extra mile to ensure you have the most advanced training.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- You will conduct cutting-edge educational research throughout your time in our Ed.S. degree program, which will equip you to publish works about middle grades education, as well as a doctoral capstone project or dissertation.
- Completion of your Ed.S. degree through Liberty University allows you to transfer in up to 27 credits to our Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
- If you elect to take advantage of our online Ed.S. degree’s optional intensives, you will have hands-on training that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.S. in Curriculum and Instruction – Middle Grades Education Degree Program?
Our online Ed.S. degree is designed to give you the foundation in advanced research, education theory, and curriculum development you need to become a better middle school teacher, administrator, or curriculum specialist. In our Ed.S. in Middle Grades Curriculum and Instruction program, you can choose to focus on curriculum theory, practical teaching skills, or the role of emerging technology in the middle school classroom.
- EDUC 601 – Professional Development in Middle Grades Education
- EDUC 602 – Young Adolescent, Schools, and Communities
- EDUC 624 – Instructional Methods for Behavior and Learning
- EDUC 676 – Middle Grades Curriculum and Methods
Our Online Ed.S. in Middle Grades Curriculum and Instruction Highlights
Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.S. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- You will hone your instructional methods and understanding of educational theory while completing our online education specialist degree, so you can facilitate important higher-order curriculum and instruction improvements needed in middle school institutions.
- Your Ed.S. degree program’s core leadership courses will prepare you for administrative roles.
- While completing your Ed.S. degree online, you will be trained in essential research and assessment skills so that you can ensure your institution is providing effective teaching and make improvements.
Our Middle School Education Specialist Degree Information
- This online Ed.S. program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide for more information about individual degree track requirements.
Military Benefits for Our Online Education Specialist Degree
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options for Educational Specialist Graduates
- College administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- K-12 school administrator
- Middle school teacher*
After completing our Education Specialist online degree program, you will have an advanced, post-master’s, NCATE-accredited credential that will allow you to pursue administrative leadership roles, increase your teaching skills, and develop curricula. The skills and knowledge gained from our online Ed.S. degree may lead to opportunities in private and public schools, third-party curriculum and learning tool development companies, or career advancement.
*Please note: This is a non-licensure program.
Admission Requirements for Our Ed.S. in C&I – Middle Grades Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.