Become an Effective Leader at Your College or University with Liberty’s Educational Leadership Doctoral Program Online
If you want to strengthen your leadership skills and advance your career in university administration, Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership degree can help. Our program provides advanced training in policy analysis, supervision, and conflict resolution so you can prepare to apply research-based solutions to real-world education problems.
Strong leadership is essential in every organization, but there are some unique challenges that come with overseeing people and programs in an educational setting. Throughout our school leadership doctoral program online, you can learn how to address various challenges facing today’s higher education leaders, including social, political, and economic factors.
At Liberty, we’re committed to helping you become an effective educational leader — someone who doesn’t just carry out administrative duties but also finds ways to improve policies and advance educational systems. Partner with us and see how far your Ed.D. degree can take you.
Why Choose Liberty’s Doctorate in Educational Leadership Online?
We don’t just train education professionals — we train qualified individuals who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. It’s about who you are and who you aspire to become. Maybe you are a college or university administrator looking to boost your effectiveness and further your career. Or perhaps you are a faculty member seeking new job opportunities in postsecondary education administration. Either way, our online doctorate in educational leadership can help you shape your institution’s policies, goals, and objectives.
At Liberty, you’ll learn from the best. Our Ed.D. professors have years of experience in teaching and administration. Under their guidance, you can prepare to solve problems and improve practices in the field of higher education. You’ll learn how to apply research and theory to real-world challenges while modeling high standards of ethics before your peers.
Earn a degree that fits your schedule. Our educational leadership program is offered 100% online, allowing you to complete your courses whenever it’s most convenient for you. You’ll have the freedom to stay invested in the things that matter most — like your family, job, and community — while pursuing a rigorous education taught from a biblical perspective. And, unlike most PhD programs, our online Ed.D. requires a capstone project instead of a dissertation so you can use applied research to solve practical problems in your profession.
What Will You Learn in Our Online Doctorate in Educational Leadership?
Educational leaders seek to foster productive learning environments that allow students and faculty to thrive. Our Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership provides an opportunity for you to earn a terminal degree, enhance your understanding of school leadership challenges, and prepare for career advancement. With the skills taught in this program, you could work at an institution of higher education or branch out into roles at other organizations that shape educational policy and procedure.
This degree is broken down into 4 main parts: core higher education courses, the educational leadership specialization, research and evaluation classes, and the capstone project. You’ll explore foundational topics like university administration, best teaching practices, and economic issues related to higher education. You’ll also complete several research courses, culminating in a capstone designed to promote real-world application.
Within the educational leadership specialization, you can tailor your degree by choosing from a variety of courses. Some of the subjects you could explore include special education administration, issues and trends in learning technologies, and organizational analysis. You can also dive into the history, philosophy, and goals of multicultural education so you can more effectively meet the needs of diverse student bodies. With a firm understanding of the current challenges facing educational leaders, you can prepare to help college students grow academically and professionally.
- EDUC 745 – Organizational Analysis and Problem Solving
- EDUC 759 – College and University Administration
- EDUC 840 – Issues and Trends in Educational Leadership
- EDUC 845 – Policy Analysis
Highlights of Our Educational Leadership Doctoral Program Online
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and as one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years — and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can earn your Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration – Educational Leadership in just 3 years!
Educational Leadership Degree Online Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide.
- This is a non-licensure program.
- Most of our Ed.D. courses are offered in an 8-week format; however, the capstone courses are 16 weeks long.
Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Educational Leadership Program Online
- Academic dean
- Admissions director
- Chief academic officer
- College/university president
- Curriculum specialist
- Director of an educational organization
- Education researcher
- Educational consultant
- Instructional coordinator
- Professor/postsecondary education instructor
- Training and development specialist
Military Benefits for Liberty’s Doctorate in Educational Leadership Online
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Admission Requirements for Liberty’s Online Ed.D. in Higher Education Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above cumulative combined GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.