Learn How to Assess the Quality and Effectiveness of Academic Programs with Our EdD in Higher Education Administration – Assessment and Evaluation Degree
For a college or university to be competitive, it must meet high standards of quality and accreditation in its academic programs so that its students receive the best education possible. If you want to help institutions of higher education ensure that their academics and curriculum are top notch, Liberty University’s 100% online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Higher Education Administration – Assessment and Evaluation degree may be for you.
Through this online program evaluation degree, you can become equipped to handle various administrative responsibilities in a collegiate setting. In particular, you can learn how to use data and research to determine how well a school’s educational process aligns with best practices in higher education, complies with the requirements set by accrediting agencies, and helps students thrive. That way, you can help colleges and universities make needed adjustments to existing programs – as well as create new programs that are academically excellent and tailored to the needs of the student body.
Most college students want to be certain that the education they receive will be respected by employers and other schools. With the knowledge you gain in our EdD in Higher Education Administration – Assessment and Evaluation, you can help your institution maintain quality and effectiveness in all of its degree offerings. Partner with us and prepare to make your mark on the world of higher education!
Why Choose Liberty’s EdD Degree in Assessment in Higher Education?
As a pioneer in distance learning since 1985, we know how to create accessible, affordable degree programs that fit your schedule. This educational assessment degree is offered 100% online – and most of the courses are only 8 weeks long with no set login times. Whether you’re a parent, a full-time professional, or have other important commitments outside of school, you’ll have the freedom to earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
At Liberty, you won’t have to sacrifice quality for flexibility. We are regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC). Additionally, our EdD courses are taught by professors who have years of experience in many different aspects of higher education – both inside and outside the classroom. With their guidance, you can become better equipped to take on high-level administrative and leadership roles at a college or university.
We don’t just train education professionals – we train people of integrity who want to make a positive impact on the next generation. We care about who you are and who you aspire to become. Whether you are brand new to higher education administration or have worked in this field for years, we can help equip you for the next stage of your career. By partnering with us for your EdD degree in assessment in higher education, you can learn how to effectively shape your institution’s policies, goals, and objectives to promote student success.
What Will You Learn in Our EdD in Higher Education Administration – Evaluation and Educational Assessment Degree?
This program includes a core section of higher education courses, which dive into topics such as effective methods for teaching college students, historical foundations of higher education, and the administrative and organizational aspects of colleges and universities.
To round out the core classes, you’ll choose between 2 different course options. You can either learn about major financial, economic, and budgetary issues in higher education or explore assessment and research methods for improving academic programs. Of these 2 courses, the latter is strongly recommended because it aligns with the assessment and evaluation focus of this degree.
The specialization courses cover research-based approaches to analyzing student learning, curricula, academic programs, student services, and institutional structures. You’ll also be able to either take a course in educational policy or select an elective course from our numerous graduate education course options.
Some of the other topics you’ll explore in your specialization classes include:
- Best practices in recording, articulating, and submitting regular reports documenting institutional compliance
- Evaluation and measurement tools used to assess the effectiveness of academic programs and co-curricular departments in an institutional setting
- Major evaluation theories and advanced measurement models used in policymaking and for program development and modification
- Plans and processes for analyzing and interpreting assessment results to bolster program and institutional improvement
- Processes and methods used by institutional researchers and offices to support wide-reaching institutional decisions and best practices
- The importance of compliance in accreditation with emphasis on various programmatic, state, and national organizations and their requirements for educational institutions
- The important role of assessment in overall student achievement, program development, and educational systems
- The use and review of data-driven resources to help inform continuous improvement and increase student achievement
Additionally, you’ll complete a sequence of research courses focusing on areas such as educational research, applied research concepts and methodology, and literature review. The research section of this degree can help you prepare for the capstone project – which gives you the opportunity to apply research to solve real-world problems in the field of higher education.
- EDUC 778 – Program Design and Assessment
- EDUC 779 – Institutional Research
- EDUC 780 – Evaluation and Measurement Tools
- EDUC 781 – Compliance and Report Writing
Course guides coming soon
Highlights of Our EdD in Higher Education Administration – Assessment and Program Evaluation Degree
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years – and counting.
- Liberty University is accredited by SACSCOC, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
- You can complete this education assessment degree in as little as 2.5 years!
Online Program Evaluation Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide.
- This is a non-licensure program.
- Most of our EdD courses are offered in an 8-week format; however, the capstone courses are a full semester.
Military Benefits for Our EdD Degree in Program Evaluation and Assessment
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
Potential Career Opportunities for Graduates of Our Doctoral Degree Program in Evaluation and Assessment
- Assessment coordinator
- College/university administrator
- Curriculum specialist
- Evaluation coordinator
- Higher education faculty/professor
- Instructional coordinator
- Program evaluation and assessment specialist
Admission Requirements for the Online EdD in Higher Education Administration
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.