Craft Effective Learning Programs With Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology
Students from kindergarten to college engage in more digital learning experiences every year. While the adoption of education technology grows, instructional experts continue to assess, study, and rework learning approaches to help students use technology to grow and thrive. Liberty University’s 100% online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Instructional Design and Technology (IDT) degree is designed to expand your knowledge, skills, and training in instructional design so that you can be on the cutting edge of educational technology. Through advanced course content and in-depth research, you will dive into the design and implementation of distance learning programs that can help students have a brighter future.
What is Instructional Design?
The discipline of instructional design and technology (IDT) merges traditional approaches to the learning process with state-of-the-art tools and aids. Instructional designers are at the forefront of development for new ways to make education engaging, effective, and fun. Instructional design branches out from academics into the world of corporate training, where safe, fast, and effective learning programs are essential to successful business. With specialized training in instructional design and technology, you will have many possible career paths to choose from.
With advanced insight into the ways students learn and develop, you will examine the design, development, and implementation of new learning processes and products designed for student success. Our doctorate in instructional design and technology will train you on how to effectively communicate with school administrators, teachers, and students through various mediums as you create effective and engaging learning programs. Through research and the innovative use of today’s educational technology, you can look forward to a rewarding career in instructional design.
No matter where or in what position you lead, our online Ed.D. degree in instructional design will give you the foundation you need to make the impact you always knew you could. By earning your Ed.D. online, you can engage with advanced research and educational strategies while taking advantage of our flexible online format. Take the next step in your career and help create positive change in your school district with Liberty’s Ed.D. in instructional design.
Why Choose Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology Online Program?
Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology online degree gives advanced training to instructional design specialists who are seeking promotions, new opportunities, or a career change. With this degree, you can work with businesses, schools, and government agencies to develop innovative learning management systems (LMS).
At Liberty, we value your time. We have been pioneering and growing distance learning since 1985, adapting to meet the educational and career needs of our students. That’s why our Ed.D. in Instruction Design and Technology is designed to be 100% online, so you will not be required to attend any on-campus courses.
Your success is our success. We utilize cutting edge technology to bring you the best online learning experience possible. Additionally, our School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) through the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
What Will You Learn in Liberty’s Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology?
Liberty University’s IDT course builds on your program development skills so that you can design support products and processes needed to enhance student learning. From web-based courses for online learning to printed educational aids for use in both the classroom and the workplace, you will study the best methods to tackle education challenges through creative problem solving.
As you begin our doctorate in IDT online, you will study learning styles and how instructional design and technology play a part in reaching the unique needs of students and teachers. From there, you will learn advanced techniques using existing technologies for web-based learning as well as new developments in technology and their possible implications for the future.
Through your courses, you will complete research that will build toward your final research project that will demonstrate your knowledge and skills.
- EDUC 630 – Technology Practices for Instructional Improvement
- EDUC 639 – Trends and Issues in Educational Technology
- EDUC 730 – Issues and Trends in Learning Technologies
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
Highlights of Our Ed.D. in Instructional Design Degree
- Liberty is ranked in the top 1% of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility by BestColleges.com — and one of the top 10 online schools in America by Niche.com. Earning your online Ed.D. degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition will set you apart from others in your field.
- Our Doctor of Education program will allow you to develop educational management skills and foster leadership in teachers and students.
- Our Ed.D. online is a 3-year program that includes an integrated research project allowing you to work toward your final research project while completing your coursework. Completing your Ed.D. gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 6 years – and counting.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) Standards through the CAEP Accreditation System, so your degree will be well-respected and highly recognized.
- Transfer in up to 27 credits to our Ed.D. from an eligible Ed.S. degree to give you a jumpstart on your doctorate!
Our Online Ed.D. in Instructional Design and Technology Degree Information
- This Doctor of Education program falls under the School of Education.
- View the Post-Graduate Advising Guide.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
Our Doctor of Education Degree’s Online Military Benefits
Liberty University is dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, Liberty is honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discount – $275 per credit hour for graduate courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times
Potential Career Options with an Instructional Design and Technology Degree
- Director of e-learning
- Distance learning senior director
- Educational technology director
- Military education specialist
- Professor (higher education)
- Researcher (IDT)
- Senior instructional design specialist
- Senior training specialist
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in ID and Technology Degree
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.