Create Effective Learning Environments for Young Students with Liberty University’s Curriculum and Instruction – Online Elementary Education Degree
Do you want to reach the pinnacle of achievement for educational studies? Are you passionate about helping elementary school students succeed? Have you been seeking a doctoral degree that can help you solve real-world educational challenges? With Liberty’s 100% online Doctor of Education (EdD) in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education, you can become equipped to foster a fun and effective learning environment for young students.
Our doctorate in elementary education is designed to enhance your skills in administration, research, curriculum development, and learning theory. You’ll receive a blend of research, theory, and practical skills so you can make a positive impact on the world of education. If you want to become an expert in elementary education, classroom management, and content development, this degree may be a great fit for you.
Elementary school students are young and impressionable, and they need strong school leaders who can help them grow as individuals and thrive academically. We’re committed to equipping you with the skills you need to develop effective curricula and address teaching challenges in elementary classrooms. Partner with us and prepare to make a difference in the lives of your students.
Why Choose Our Doctorate in Elementary Education?
Liberty has been a pioneer in distance education since 1985. A lot has changed since then, but our commitment to Training Champions for Christ has not. Our goal is to help you become a school leader who can lead with integrity and make a positive impact on the next generation. All of our courses are taught from a biblical worldview, so you can become equipped to live out ethical principles in your career.
Earn a degree that fits your schedule. Our doctoral degree in elementary education is offered 100% online, so you can pursue your degree in the comfort of your home. You’ll have the freedom to stay invested in the things that really matter — like your family, job, and community — while taking the next step in your academic journey. And, as long as you submit your assignments by the due date, you can complete your coursework whenever it’s most convenient for you.
Throughout this online doctorate in education program, you can prepare to address a variety of challenges in academic institutions. You’ll study under experienced professionals who are dedicated to mentoring you as you develop into an advanced educator, administrator, or school leader.
What Are the Benefits of the Online Doctorate in Elementary Education Degree?
- Completing an EdD degree gives you a terminal credential that shows employers you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- Liberty University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the difference between an EdD and an online PhD in Elementary Education?
While a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) can help you prepare for research and teaching roles at the college level, a Doctor of Education (EdD) is a professional degree designed to provide vocational knowledge. In particular, an EdD is an excellent option if you want to develop practical solutions to educational challenges or strengthen your effectiveness as a school leader.
Additionally, most PhD students must complete a dissertation. In contrast, Liberty’s EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree requires a capstone project that lets you apply your research to real-world challenges.
If you’d prefer a career in research or academia, Liberty’s online PhD in Education may be a better fit for you.
How long does it take to earn an EdD in elementary education?
You can complete your doctorate in elementary education degree in just 2.5 years. We offer a fast, flexible path to graduation that lets you earn your degree without putting your life on hold.
Does an EdD require a dissertation?
Liberty University’s curriculum and instruction – elementary education EdD does not require a dissertation. Instead, you will complete a capstone project that will help you apply research to practical problems in education.
Why pursue an EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education?
On average, professionals who hold a doctoral degree earn approximately 22% more per year than their peers who only have a master’s degree.* By completing your doctorate in elementary education, you can gain advanced credentials that could help you stand out in the job market.
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, at Earnings and unemployment rates by educational attainment, 2020 (viewed online July 22, 2021). Cited projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
What Will You Learn in Liberty University’s EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Online Elementary Education Program?
This elementary education doctorate gives you the flexibility to tailor your degree to fit your interests and career goals. You’ll explore advanced topics in learning theory and research, particularly in the areas of classroom management, assessment, diversity, and teaching. Through in-depth research, discussion, and projects, you can learn about the principles and theories that have shaped education throughout history — right up to the present day.
The core courses in this degree cover essential topics in curriculum and instruction. You can explore how to utilize educational technology in online and face-to-face learning environments. You can also analyze current research and theories in curriculum design and development. With this knowledge, you can prepare to solve various challenges in your school and become a more effective educational leader.
With the elementary education specialization, you can learn how to create lesson plans, teaching tools, and exercises for children in kindergarten through 6th grade. You’ll also explore how to design literacy instruction for all learners, including those who struggle with reading, writing, and spelling. By studying practical tools for instruction, behavior management, and elementary curriculum development, you can help your students thrive.
You’ll also complete several research courses, culminating in the final capstone project. Our goal is to help you apply your research to solve practical problems, so you can make your mark on the modern education system. With a doctorate degree in education from Liberty, you can pursue the pinnacle of your career and train to work at all levels of education, from K-12 schools to universities.
- EDRS 659 – Foundation and Theories of Literacy Instruction
- EDUC 703 – Theories of Historical and Philosophical Foundations
- EDUC 771 – Curriculum Theory
- EDUC 816 – Applied Research Methods
Highlights of Liberty’s Doctoral Degree in Elementary Education
- We are recognized by multiple institutions for our academic quality, affordability, and accessibility. Our commitment to excellence also helped us rank in the top 10% of Niche.com’s best online schools in America. Earning your online EdD in elementary education degree from a nonprofit university with this kind of recognition can help set you apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past 9 years — and counting.
- As a Liberty student, you will have access to a wealth of resources through our top-notch research portal while pursuing your online elementary education degree.
- Our EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree is offered 100% online, so you can work toward your goals without putting your life on hold.
- You can network with leaders in education from across the country while completing your degree.
Liberty’s EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Information
- This program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Degree Completion Plan for the EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree.
- View our Graduate Education Course Guides (login required).
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more details about the doctorate in elementary education.
- This is a non-licensure program.
Military Benefits for the EdD in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education at Liberty University
At Liberty University, we are dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students across the globe. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey.
As a thank-you for your dedication and service to our country, we are honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 per credit hour for graduate and EdS/EdD courses
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course)
- 8-week courses, 8 different start dates each year, and no set login times (may exclude certain courses such as practicums, internships, or field experiences)
What Can You Do with an Elementary Education Degree?
After earning your elementary education degree, some of the jobs you could pursue include:
- College administrator
- College instructor
- Curriculum specialist
- Instructional supervisor
- School administrator*
*Please note: Licensure may be required for some positions.
Admission Requirements for the EdD in Curriculum and Instruction at Liberty University
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our admission requirements page for more detailed admissions-related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency (for applicants whose native language is other than English)
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during Financial Check-In. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses — documentation verifying military status is required.