Create Effective Learning Environments with Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree
Do you want to reach the pinnacle of achievement for advanced education studies? At Liberty University, our online Doctor of Education in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education degree program will teach you the administration, research, curriculum development, and learning theory skills and knowledge you need to help you make a positive impact on the world of education. Our Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education online degree program will help you become an expert in Elementary education, classroom management, and content development so that you can create fun and effective learning environments for your students.
Why Choose Our Doctorate in Elementary Education Degree?
Through our online doctorate in education program, you will engage with experienced professionals in the field of education who will mentor you as you develop into an advanced educator, administrator, and researcher. Our EdD degree will deepen your knowledge of education theory and teaching methods, providing a theoretical foundation that will allow you to evaluate and address teaching challenges in K-12 institutions and at the university level. We have created our EdD degree to be 100% online with no set login times, so you have the flexibility you need to maximize your time.
What are the Benefits of the Online Doctoral Degree in Education?
- Completing an EdD degree gives you a terminal educational credential that shows employers that you have reached the pinnacle of your field’s achievement.
- The Online Doctor of Education gives you the opportunity to include licensure-track requirements for initial licensure, advanced licensure, or add-on licensure to your current credentials.
- Completing the EdD online program’s dissertation will allow you to make an impact in educational research that can be the basis for publications, curriculum material products, and other publishing opportunities.
- With the online EdD degree’s optional on-campus intensives, you can be confident that your skills and knowledge have been tested in a hands-on environment that will set you apart from fully online graduates.
- Liberty University’s School of Education is accredited by NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education) through CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) as an education preparation provider (EPP).
When the superintendent of his local public school system retired, Liberty University Online graduate Dr. Richard J. Ney of New Jersey submitted his application for the position.
“After an intense round of interviews where I competed against a number of other qualified candidates, I was appointed superintendent and chief school administrator [in New Jersey]. I do not believe that I would have succeeded without having completed my doctoral studies at Liberty University.”
– Dr. Richard J. Ney; Doctor of Education (Ed.D.)
What Will You Learn in Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program?
This online doctorate in education program provides specialized instruction and curriculum development training for the elementary level. In our online EdD in Elementary Education degree, you will be equipped to create fun and effective exercises, teaching tools, and lesson plans for kindergarten through sixth grade. Our elementary education EdD degree will ensure that you have all the tools needed to achieve teaching excellence through an emphasis on practical teaching skills, behavior management, and innovative technology practices. You will also study important aspects of curriculum theory and development so you are prepared to create, assess, and improve effective lesson plans.
Our online EdD degree can be modified to fulfill initial teaching licensure requirements for elementary instruction. If you possess initial licensure, you may also include requirements for advanced and add-on licensures in your EdD in Elementary Education degree program. Please speak with an admissions counselor for more information about adding licensure-track requirements to the online EdD degree.
Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program Highlights
- By earning your EdD degree from a nonprofit university whose online programs ranked in the top five of more than 2,100 online colleges and universities for academic quality, affordability, and accessibility, you will be set apart from others in your field.
- Your success is our success, which is why we are committed to providing quality academics at an affordable tuition rate. While other colleges are increasing their tuition, we have frozen tuition rates for our undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs for the past four years – and counting.
- Develop educational management skills in our EdD in Elementary Curriculum and Instruction degree program and foster leadership in both teachers and students.
- Optional intensives give you the chance to meet your peers and professors in your online EdD program while developing your writing and research for your final dissertation phase.
Similar Degree Programs
You may also be interested in our online Education Specialist (Ed.S.) degree.
Our Online Elementary Education Doctoral Degree Information
- This EdD degree program falls under the School of Education.
- Download and review the Doctor of Education’s Degree Completion Plan.
- View the Doctoral Advising Guide for more information about research, intensives, and the dissertation project.
- An education background check is required for all courses beyond EDUC 701.
- Please note that some states may have additional steps and requirements for licensure.
- View the online EdD program’s Course Syllabi (login required).
Military Benefits for Our Online EdD in Elementary Curriculum and Instruction Degree Program
At Liberty University, we are dedicated to providing world-class educational experiences to military students from all over the world. Whether you are a current service member, discharged or retired from service, or the spouse of a service member or veteran, we are here to support you every step of the journey. As a thank you for your dedication and service to our country, we are honored to serve and support you in your pursuit of online education by offering the following benefits:
- Tuition discounts – $275 for graduate students (per credit hour)
- Additional discount for veterans who serve in a civilian capacity as a First Responder (less than $625 per course).
- Eight-week courses, eight different start dates each year, and no set login times.
Potential Careers with an EdD Degree in Elementary Education
- Curriculum Specialist
- Instructional Supervisor
- School Administrator
- College Administrator
As a terminal degree, Liberty’s online doctorate in education will provide many new opportunities to students currently holding licensure, seeking advanced or add-on licensure, or who are working in a field that does not require licensure. Students who become a Doctor in Education through Liberty’s online EdD program will receive a degree accredited by NCATE and will complete a doctoral dissertation that will demonstrate advanced, specialized research.
You will also gain hands-on experience through group work and research mentorship. This way, as a graduate of our EdD degree you will be able to conduct additional research and content development in an academic setting, for third-party curriculum development companies, work in K-12 districts to develop more effective learning content, and teach at the college level. You may also be able to use your EdD degree to teach on the college level.
Admission Requirements for Our Online Ed.D. in Curriculum and Instruction – Elementary Education Degree Program
A regionally or nationally accredited master’s degree with a 3.0 or above GPA is required for admission in good standing. Please visit our Admission Requirements Page for more detailed admissions related information.
All applicants must submit the following:
- Admission Application
- Application fee*
- Official college transcripts
- Proof of English proficiency
*There is no upfront application fee; however, a deferred $50 application fee will be assessed during financial check-in. This fee is waived for qualifying service members, veterans, and military spouses – documentation verifying military status is required.